Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2007   #21
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: bright spots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I couldn't care less how physical my corners are, Deion Sanders was a ***** cat and shut down entire passing games by himself.

I want cover skills, has Bennett shown us many of those??
He just rejoined our team a couple of weeks ago so se hasn't been given very many opportunities to show us that he has made many of them but I will say that he has proved that he can cover everytime he gets the opportunity and those opportunities have jumped in number over the last two games.

The Titans were throwing to Dunta's side of the field. When a team spreads it out, I'd think that it means that the defenders are more balanced and he can't pick on a player such as Faggins (I'm not really on the 'down with Faggins' train. I don't think he's as bad as some of you guys think). I believe I saw Bennett on the other side quite often when they threw to Dunta's side.

I really think Bennett is the real deal. I think he's just what we need. Now we need to start the search for Bennett's back up. Plug the holes and fill the depth.
Old 10-21-2007   #22
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

well i think my dad has decided to not watch texans games since whenever he watches they start screwing up.

Winston had a nice game...

also this game has probably prompted some changes to come!!! yay!!!!
Old 10-21-2007   #23
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
Uh, yes he did. And if you don't think Robinson's physical play isn't a huge benefit to the team, you are missing something. Having Bennett also bring physical play to the other side of the field is a major plus...
Robinson physical play is a huge bonus on a team that lacks physicality but thats all it is in my mind a bonus. I know as a cover 2 corner you need to do the run support thing, but surely with a pass defense as terrible as ours has been for many years, covers skills should be prized over physicality?

You have a front 7 plus safeties (in theory) to lay the wood, I just want someone to shut down a receiver.

In saying that I am glad everyone is so high on Bennets cover skills hopefully we have the corner spots locked down long term once he gets some experience.

One question though, a lot of fans talks up Dunta's cover skills too, but what happened to those today when it counted?
Old 10-21-2007   #24
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Travis Johnson.

Did any one see this guy play today? Now only if we can get those other two linemen to play like he did for the remainder of the season.

This is the problem with the Dline...one guy shows up each week. They say consistency comes with experience so hopefully we will start seeing the true potential of the Dline.

DeMeco Ryans as usual. Matt Schaub up and walking since Salaam is trying to get him killed. Might be safe to sit Matt out for the year and save his career.

The Comeback was a bright spot.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #25
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Bennett looks like he's ready to go. We should just go ahead & start him, Put fletcher as our nickel & put Faggins out to pasture.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #26
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am liking Andre Davis, I really didn't think the guy would even play this season and he has made some nice plays (and not so nice plays) for us

Defensively I think they ran out of juice, Last time I saw that much pressure on a defense to keep the offense out of the endzone time and time again .. was very 2002ish .. Defense did very well to just keep the Titans out of the endzone, Titan fans need to be be bittersweet about their kicker and their team.. Sweet is he set the NFL record, but bitter about the offense as a whole ...you don't win in this league very often by just getting field goals.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #27
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Bennett looks like he's ready to go. We should just go ahead & start him, Put fletcher as our nickel & put Faggins out to pasture.
Fletcher is out to pasture, not suiting up the last couple of weeks.

We can draft pretty good but our FA record is not that flash.
Old 10-21-2007   #28
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5747 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the D did a hellova job concidering having to be out there 3 minutes after every Titan field goal.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #29
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I am liking Andre Davis, I really didn't think the guy would even play this season and he has made some nice plays (and not so nice plays) for us

Defensively I think they ran out of juice, Last time I saw that much pressure on a defense to keep the offense out of the endzone time and time again .. was very 2002ish .. Defense did very well to just keep the Titans out of the endzone, Titan fans need to be be bittersweet about their kicker and their team.. Sweet is he set the NFL record, but bitter about the offense as a whole ...you don't win in this league very often by just getting field goals.
Good points. One of the bright spots for not just this game, but the last few, is Davis. He is really looking like an answer that Eric Moulds could not be.

On the one hand, I don't think so much pressure should be put on the defense. On the other hand, most of the high-end draft picks are locked up in the defense. They should be the Texans highlight reel by virtue of that alone.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #30
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hi Mom!

Well, I got to come down from the 600s and watch most of the third quarter, and all of the fourth quarter, four rows from the field in the Bull Pen. Then I got to see myself on the ESPiN highlights of the game winning field goal...
Whoever said that the camera adds ten pounds was exponentially wrong in my case...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #31
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Sage was a good bright spot.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read