Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2007   #21
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Fatassworth's comments on hitting Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza View Post
You people are delusional. He's not boasting, he's stating the obvious - when you can knock out the opposing team's starting QB, who is good at that, you put your team at a nice advantage. Injuries are part of the game, and when you hit someone hard and you cause one you shouldn't feel remorseful, you did good for your team. If VY was playing and he was taken out by Okoye with a devastating hit like AH's, you don't think the Texans D would be giving him some pats on the back? get real.

Yeah but he said had Schaub stayed in they would have blown us out. That is a insult to Schaub and really it comes out of no where. The guy has no class.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #22
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95426 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

A big burly guy that likes to hurt people? Sounds like a great DT to me. Yep, he's a dirty player, but there are tons of D-Linemen that are. What he did to Gurode last year was bull****, but his hit on Schaub didn't seem intentionally dirty to me.

Maybe its the old D-lineman in me, but if you have a shot at a QB while he still has the ball, you are going to go for it. I rather have something like that than the huggy bear tackle the Giants' DE put on VY last year, letting him run off scot free.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #23
Nza
Rookie

I don't think he meant it as an insult Leahmic, I think he was quite accurate in suggesting Sage took them off guard. I don't think it would have been 35-7 like he said, maybe 32-22 or something, but I think his point that with Schaub in, the Titans wouldn't have stopped playing after 3 quarters like they did.

The Gurode thing was very, very, very dirty but that was an anomaly, he isn't a dirty player, he's just a very powerful man who used to let his temper get the better of him sometimes creating confrontations and the sorts. He is a different player this year and is finally channeling that into between whistle aggression and not after the whistle aggression and he's clearly a top 3 DT in the NFL right now because of it.

Go to NFL.com and watch and highlights and tell me you really think it's a dirty hit now the game time atmosphere has died down. It sucks to see your starting QB go down but the man was just playing hard and nasty, like any good DT does. It's only because of the ***** QB rules it was flagged - if he went low so his helmet was chest height he may not have prevented the pass which he did, and it's not like he drove the crown of his helmet into Schaub's or anything, it was facemask to facemask and not even direct either.
Nza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #24
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, a football player who is not a very nice guy...amazing.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #25
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza View Post
I don't think he meant it as an insult Leahmic, I think he was quite accurate in suggesting Sage took them off guard. I don't think it would have been 35-7 like he said, maybe 32-22 or something, but I think his point that with Schaub in, the Titans wouldn't have stopped playing after 3 quarters like they did.

The Gurode thing was very, very, very dirty but that was an anomaly, he isn't a dirty player, he's just a very powerful man who used to let his temper get the better of him sometimes creating confrontations and the sorts. He is a different player this year and is finally channeling that into between whistle aggression and not after the whistle aggression and he's clearly a top 3 DT in the NFL right now because of it.

Go to NFL.com and watch and highlights and tell me you really think it's a dirty hit now the game time atmosphere has died down. It sucks to see your starting QB go down but the man was just playing hard and nasty, like any good DT does. It's only because of the ***** QB rules it was flagged - if he went low so his helmet was chest height he may not have prevented the pass which he did, and it's not like he drove the crown of his helmet into Schaub's or anything, it was facemask to facemask and not even direct either.
Well he can keep thinking that so when we come to Tenn, hopefully he still believes that. Schaub wouldn't have fumlbed the ball coming in, threw what 3 INTs and put our defense against the wall like he did. Schaub led comebacks also, and I feel we would have had a better chance at winning the game with him playing the second half than Sage. If the Titans stopped playing then they have a major problem because we had the lead with 57 seconds left.

Those INTs basically put you guys in field goal position all game long, while our defense was forced to play D with their backs against the wall all game long. I think Schaub given the second half would have won the game with how the WRs started to catch passes and the run game suddenly made a rare appearance. Schaub can make all the same throws that Sage did and Schaub would have never gave up like Sage.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #26
Nza
Rookie

Well, that's all just opinion now, and that's all AH was doing - expressing his opinion. The Titans do have a major problem - finishing games they wrap up early score wise has always been an issue for Fisher. He doesn't often let the W slip away, but he quite often lets the score become close again. The exact same thing happened last year in Houston. The difference between the first 3 Q's and the final Q was the Titans packed up too early, particularly on D where they went lazy and ultra conservative.

It would have been a totally different game if Schaub stayed in for sure, just not sure in which sense. AH clearly felt it would have meant a better effort by the Titans, but he's not really paid to think about alternate outcomes. I'm guessing the way he saw it was the Titans got too complacement with a backup QB in, but then maybe he did mean Schaub is the worse QB and he's only guaranteed the starting role because of his paycheck, I dunno, it's just not the impression I got.
Old 10-21-2007   #27
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Albert said nothing out of line only stated facts. hell i might be out of line but if TJ Couldtake care peyton like he did on trent green and kock him out he would be my favorite player there is no better advantage to a team than knocking their Starting QB out.

Last edited by Napa Auto Parts; 11-26-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2007   #28
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
he was urinating on a girl scout as he said that.
Was R. Kelly there?

I just couldn't help myself!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #29
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Exactly. I don't think that Haynesworth was doing anything wrong. He tackled Schaub hard. He did his job effectively. I just don't think he's a very bright guy and anything he does is magnified since 'the cleats in a downed player's face' incident. Justifiably under scrutiny but is not being given the benefit of doubt. Just look at the play. I didn't see anything wrong with it. And what he said in the interview is exactly right albeit he could have said it better but I attribute that to his lack of intelligence. He's a very very good football player who acts on his temper tantrums.

His job is to get to the quarterback and he did. The tackle was a fine play by Haynesworth.
Old 10-21-2007   #30
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourist View Post
Yep, Haynesworth is an ass. Next thing you know, he'll be standing over an injured QB's body, yelling at him.
Hmmmm. Let's see. You try to put a HELMET to my KNEE and possibly end my season/career and give yourself a concussion in the process. Not only would I TAUNT your unconscious ass, but during the press conference I would quote the old testiment "As as ye sow, so shall ye reap."
Now then about Haynesworth. The man's an ass. Are we surprised that a teammate of Pac Man Jones would be a jackass?
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #31
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, he not an ass at all. I mean, he wouldn't rip off someone's helmet and stomp his cleats on a guy's face....oh wait.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #32
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is douchbag the right word? Whatever, I'll use it.... Haynesworth is a douchbag, but I wouldn't trade him for any DT this year.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #33
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Is douchbag the right word? Whatever, I'll use it.... Haynesworth is a douchbag, but I wouldn't trade him for any DT this year.
At least there is one Tack fan who isn't entirely delusional....

Dude is scum, that's just how it is.
Old 10-22-2007   #34
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
That's twice you've had good things to say tonight. Rep.
Old 10-22-2007   #35
Nza
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Yeah, he not an ass at all. I mean, he wouldn't rip off someone's helmet and stomp his cleats on a guy's face....oh wait.

Last edited by Nza; 10-22-2007 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-22-2007   #36
Nza
Rookie

He has always been immature, in fact when he first came into the league he was basically on his way to being the original Pacman without the media hype (probably because he never had dreadlocks) if it wasn't for Fisher who brought his attitude up to standards. But nothing he did or said this week is anything more than Texans fans blowing it out of proportion - I'll bet the vast majority of general fans would disagree he did anything dirty.
Old 10-22-2007   #37
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
He's a human piece of crap. He is worse than Michael Vick as a person, IMO. He intentionally mauled an opponent's face with his cleats and is basically an a-hole. I really want him to have a career-ending injury.
UH, a little over the top in our anger, wouldn't you say?

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #38
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourist View Post
Yep, Haynesworth is an ass. Next thing you know, he'll be standing over an injured QB's body, yelling at him.
When he stands over someone, he tends to stomp them in the face..
Old 10-22-2007   #39
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57261 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Haynesworth is a punk pure and simple. Not only was the hit late, but he pile drove him into the ground rather than letting up. He knew he didn't have the ball which is the only reason to put that kind of hit on a QB. It was obvious he was trying to injure him. That's called dirty play where I come from. Then after the game, he basically reaffirms my opinion that he was trying to hurt him, and was gleeful that he had done so.

Football is a physical game, and injuries will happen, but to purposely try and injure someone with a late hit is beyond the pale imo, and he should be fined heavily both for the hit, and then his comments later.
Old 10-22-2007   #40
Nza
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Haynesworth is a punk pure and simple. Not only was the hit late, but he pile drove him into the ground rather than letting up. He knew he didn't have the ball which is the only reason to put that kind of hit on a QB. It was obvious he was trying to injure him. That's called dirty play where I come from. Then after the game, he basically reaffirms my opinion that he was trying to hurt him, and was gleeful that he had done so.

Football is a physical game, and injuries will happen, but to purposely try and injure someone with a late hit is beyond the pale imo, and he should be fined heavily both for the hit, and then his comments later.
Errr, yeah it sure looks late:

(sorry about the res, it's from the NFL.com video. But yeah, that's him not even fully releasing the ball yet).

Sorry dude, that's not late.

And he didn't "pile drive" him, he crushed him while bear hugging him. He didn't slam him, he simply fell on him. It's a pretty effective way of bringing a player down when you're playing tackle football. And to suggest he intentionally tried to injure him is just nonsense, players get tackled like that all the time, when you're a big guy you'll generally come down hard on players.

And fining for comments, are you serious? Way to take a bad loss out on one player.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read