Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-22-2007   #81
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pay up

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
He even gave me a Neg Rep for smack talking.

I'll take that one if I got to him that bad.
That wasn't neg rep. His rep value is zero right now, so he gave you a comment only (and I don't even see it as a negative comment)....he can't give or take rep till he has 50 posts. Frankly all his comments are pretty nice comments in the rep area.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #82
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
if you ask me you guys got "shafted".
yes... yes we did.
Old 10-22-2007   #83
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
That wasn't neg rep. His rep value is zero right now, so he gave you a comment only (and I don't even see it as a negative comment)....he can't give or take rep till he has 50 posts. Frankly all his comments are pretty nice comments in the rep area.
Okay I guess I don't know that much about the rep feature. It was colored grey compared to all the green ones I have. No problem, others were gracious enough to give me some good rep. Very mush appreciative of that to Blazing Arrow, ChildressTitanMan, and Leahmic223.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #84
Psychop1
]P][][V][]P

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
Okay I guess I don't know that much about the rep feature. It was colored grey compared to all the green ones I have. No problem, others were gracious enough to give me some good rep. Very mush appreciative of that to Blazing Arrow, ChildressTitanMan, and Leahmic223.

It was positive...
Psychop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #85
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
if you ask me you guys got "shafted".
I would say that you are right... Shafted by the refs... That pass interference call in the endzone cost us 4 points that allowed the Tinbreds to win the game. Nobody can say that it was a legit call.

The officials love to hate the Texans, and Faggins, this year whether on the road or at home.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #86
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

How is it always that a team the always loses is always screwed by the officials? I would be surprised if half of them knew you had a franchise.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #87
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychop1 View Post
It was positive...
Thanks man.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2007   #88
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
How is it always that a team the always loses is always screwed by the officials? I would be surprised if half of them knew you had a franchise.
Stay classy there Arrow....

I think Shaft pointed out an obvious bad call. However, I will not use that as an excuse because when you are losing it seems everything goes against you... Sage typically takes care of the ball but look what happened (3 INT's and a fumble); Fat Albert is usually a clean player with good sportsmanship, ........okay, not so much.

Point is the Texans wont get any respect from the refs until THEY (the Texans) do something about it...
Old 10-23-2007   #89
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

You just want to blame AH for the game ... I can see it in your post ... but how can you on a legal hit?

Reminds me of the play last year with Young and the Giants and the guy did not finish his tackle.

Old 10-23-2007   #90
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You just want to blame AH for the game ... I can see it in your post ... but how can you on a legal hit?

Reminds me of the play last year with Young and the Giants and the guy did not finish his tackle.
I remember last year when everyone said that some hit on a quarterback was a legal hit and Mike Perrera showed on NFLN that is wasn't.

Coming down on a quarterback with all of your weight is illegal.

It was an illegal hit, plain and simple. I don't like the rule personally, but the NFL doesnt give a sh*t about what the fans think. They just want to protect the guys under center, which stems from the owners.
Old 10-23-2007   #91
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
"When you are dealing with quarterbacks and dealing with contact they are going to err on the side of caution," Fisher said. "The league needs to protect the quarterback. It was not a foul, but so be it.
Our coach seems to disagree with you .... what would he know being on the league fairness committee and all

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....710230370/1027

Old 10-23-2007   #92
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Our coach seems to disagree with you .... what would he know being on the league fairness committee and all

Geez, Fisher is not the be-all end-all of the rules committee, he's one clone in the bunch - therefore, I guess he wouldn't have a vested interest in protecting one of his own players now, would he??
Old 10-23-2007   #93
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Just curious: if that was TJ flattening "his highness" would Fisher have defended it as a good hit.........
Old 10-23-2007   #94
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Just curious: if that was TJ flattening "his highness" would Fisher have defended it as a good hit.........
I doubt he would have to defend the sack of his own QB??

Old 10-24-2007   #95
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:

You say the coach disagreed with me, but I clearly stated that the man making the statement was the end-all, be-all of officiating, Mike Perrera.

One of his major defenses when the coaches and fans get all riled up because of all of the qb protection rules, is the fact that the owners want to protect their multi-milion dollar field generals.

I personally thought that Butkus was ok for dreaming a qb's head popped off.
Old 10-24-2007   #96
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I doubt he would have to defend the sack of his own QB??
Being on the rules committee and all, he would have to have an opinion...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read