Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2004   #1
Rosusu
All Pro

Default Why?

I don't mind that every single sports newspaper/website is saying how Manning had such a big day, because he did. I just read the game summary on sportline and they fail to mention that we had two picks in the game. Same thing last night during sunday night football. They showed all the stats and Manning won player of the day, but they didnt show that he had 2 ints, they just showed the 300+ yards and 5 tds. Just something I noticed.
Old 11-15-2004   #2
profan
Veteran

Probably because the five td's had a significant bearing on the outcome of the game and the 2 int's did not have any impact on the outcome of the game. It's not all that unusual for a qb to throw to int's in a game, but highly unusual to throw 5 td's. 5 td's = news, 1 int's = no big deal,
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Two int's are not real impressive when you give up 50 points.
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #4
Rosusu
All Pro

I know, but I am saying they were kind of hiding that stat.
Old 11-15-2004   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw a comparison to Marino's big season, and they mentioned INT's. Manning has 6 at the halfway point while Marino had 8.

The bigger stat is 31 freakin' TD's after 9 games!! Holy cow. Manning is one of the best in the NFL...why o why does he have to be in our division for the next umpteen years?!?!
Old 11-15-2004   #6
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

manning s*cks BIG TIME !!!!! We'll get him back ! And those int were in trash time so it didnt matter ! But i hate him !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #7
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
manning s*cks BIG TIME !!!!! We'll get him back ! And those int were in trash time so it didnt matter ! But i hate him !
I like your style TrueFan. I remember (eons ago), when I played and if we got
beat bad and they continued to try to run the score up, it caused real deep
resentment. Probably not hate, but I'd get real resentful. I hope the Texans have already marked their calendar for that repeat game here in Houston. I
think the Colts coaches were real foolish to let that happen - they may regret it later this year.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2004   #8
whotex8
Rookie

Agreed, even the announcers were saying that when the game is already won there is no need to taunt and score more td's just to rub it in the loser's face. We will remember when they visit our loud stadium. I'm a big fan of manning/colts, but this game soured me a bit. But I'm a bigger fan of Carr and our texans.
[i]who needs a horsie, when you have a CARR!
whotex8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Two int's are not real impressive when you give up 50 points.
I agree to an extent. But when the guy has 26 TD's and 4 ints, and you tack on 2 more in one game, thats a big deal. It shows that Manning is as close to a mistake free QB as you can have.

But I see where you are coming from.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read