Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2007   #1
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Give it Up..

All I see is negative post from this game. We might have played terrible all game but to come back and score 29 points in the 4th and take the lead. wow! This makes me want to support them more! Incredible game...just wish we could have won
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #2
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Give it Up..

When I read the title I was thinking.

"Give it up...the season is over, NBA season is almost here and the Rockets will at least be a contender this year."

That is how I am thinking right now. The AFC South is too good right now, any other division we would still be in it, not this one.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #3
MadBurgerMaker
Rookie

Rep Power: 15 MadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
All I see is negative post from this game. We might have played terrible all game but to come back and score 29 points in the 4th and take the lead. wow! This makes me want to support them more! Incredible game...just wish we could have won
Same here.

Last edited by MadBurgerMaker; 10-21-2007 at 04:14 PM.
MadBurgerMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #4
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

No, there are no positives from this game. We played like crap and got punked like we should have. Remember that VY was out today and we still got killed. The final score is not indicative of how this game was played. I would say we looked better last week in JAX, honestly. At least the refs were at fault then, 6 TO's is all on us and we looked like a &^$$ team today.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #5
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105596 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm no VY fanboy, but if VY was there instead of Collins, there would have been a few more TDs than field goals.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #6
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
I'm no VY fanboy, but if VY was there instead of Collins, there would have been a few more TDs than field goals.
You mean a few more INTs...
Old 10-21-2007   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101586 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
When I read the title I was thinking.

"Give it up...the season is over, NBA season is almost here and the Rockets will at least be a contender this year."

That is how I am thinking right now. The AFC South is too good right now, any other division we would still be in it, not this one.
LOL, I'm already ahead of you, I've already got a thread started in the Houston Sports Section.

Bring on the Rockets.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2007   #8
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

LOL, I'm already ahead of you, I've already got a thread started in the Houston Sports Section.

Bring on the Rockets.
That is really the only good thing, that NBA season is almost here. At least the hometown Rockets are looking REALLY good IMO. I always predict the finals and I usually get them right or close to it. I think they can do it because i've always felt they've had the talent but the coaching IMO was never up to par. Now they've gotten more talent (Scola, Francis, M.James, Bonzi with more PT) so I feel they have a legit shot against ANY team in the NBA if they can stay healthy and Adelman IMO is a really good coach.

But back to the Texans. As that guy Realli(sp?) would say on around the horn..."The Texans...they suck...the end."
Old 10-21-2007   #9
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
No, there are no positives from this game. We played like crap and got punked like we should have. Remember that VY was out today and we still got killed. The final score is not indicative of how this game was played. I would say we looked better last week in JAX, honestly. At least the refs were at fault then, 6 TO's is all on us and we looked like a &^$$ team today.
I am leaning this way too, we only came back because Titans had mentally gone home and moved to prevent mode.

Then when it mattered again, they scored on us without a problem.

Offense is awful, defense is awful, special teams is solid but that only counts when the O and D aren't awful.
Old 10-21-2007   #10
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
with no pass rush. collins is a better qb than young. they were better off with collins today.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101586 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
That is really the only good thing, that NBA season is almost here. At least the hometown Rockets are looking REALLY good IMO. I always predict the finals and I usually get them right or close to it. I think they can do it because i've always felt they've had the talent but the coaching IMO was never up to par. Now they've gotten more talent (Scola, Francis, M.James, Bonzi with more PT) so I feel they have a legit shot against ANY team in the NBA if they can stay healthy and Adelman IMO is a really good coach.

But back to the Texans. As that guy Realli(sp?) would say on around the horn..."The Texans...they suck...the end."
Yeah the Rockets are building something special, they are going to be absolute elite.........something Houston hasn't had in a LONG time regarding ANY of their sports teams (even when the Astros went to the world series......deep down inside it felt kinda flukish and like they were undermanned).

This Rockets team is going to kick *** and take names this year (while being very entertaining to watch in the process, unlike JVG led teams).......hopefully they can hold down the fort until the Texans can turn things around.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #12
TexanRevolution
Tejano Diablo

Rep Power: 13 TexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
Agreed. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they played with 'heart' blah blah blah...

They took advantage of a defense that was trying to nurse a big lead, "Heart" doesn't let your QB get ravaged. "Heart" isn't something that's here one week and gone the next. We've played like garbage the last 4 weeks.

I for one, am sick of having loveable losers to root for. Heart or no heart, give me a winnner dammit!
TexanRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read