Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2007   #1
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default im sick

dont know what else to say.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #2
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 79504 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: im sick

The way I see it, this game makes up for the Miami game we didn't deserve to win.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #3
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I feel noxious too. Too much jumping and nailbiting for my system to take.
Old 10-21-2007   #4
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

this is the worst ive felt since buffalo. is this because i didnt go to church today?
Old 10-21-2007   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually don't feel that bad after this. I WOULD have felt that bad if we hadn't come back.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

This game feels like the Rams game a few years ago when we were up big then their 3rd string QB from Harvard of all places led them back to win in overtime.

And the Buffalo game when JP Losman through a game winning catch to I think it was Peerless Price.

But it's not as bad as Vince Young scoring that TD in overtime last year. But it's close

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #7
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I was sick 2 hours ago, but I feel just fine now. We showed heart and that's all I asked for when we were down 32-7. This was the game of the week. Fantastic Finish, Kicker breaks a NFL record.
Wish we could have held on but heck we had the lead and YKW didn't run in the score in OT. I felt worse last year.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2007   #8
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I actually don't feel that bad after this. I WOULD have felt that bad if we hadn't come back.
Exactly.

Old 10-21-2007   #9
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the craziest games ever. 8 field goals. Great play from the backup quarterbacks. 7 turnovers from us. 29 points in the 4th quarter. Another loss.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #10
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah thats about right...

depressed after 3 q

sick right now
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #11
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I had a bad feeling this was going to happen. Man, I hate the titans!!!!
Old 10-21-2007   #12
utahmark
markbeth

who cares about moral victories and playing hard. this team is learning to find new and improved ways to lose. reminds me of another team i used to root for.

and when i mentioned buffalo i wasnt talking about this team and buffalo.
Old 10-21-2007   #13
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
who cares about moral victories and playing hard. this team is learning to find new and improved ways to lose. reminds me of another team i used to root for.
Man I say the same thing. Screw Moral Victories, our defense should have closed that game but didnt.

I still feel horrible.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #14
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 79504 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

We turned the ball over 6 times, we didn't deserve this one anyways. How many sacks did we have? 1? We shouldn't have won this game and now we have a gimpy starting QB. We sucked today, plain and simple.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #15
Brando
Site Contributor

December 2, 2007

Mark it on your calendars, that's when we go to Possum Holler.

Old 10-21-2007   #16
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post

and when i mentioned buffalo i wasnt talking about this team and buffalo.
There is an old football adage: He who turns over the ball 6 times should not expect to win. Be glad that the team did not simply give up but gave you a good game in the end. All you can ask for is the team to be competitive, and they were certainly competitive in the 4th quarter. Count your blessings that the team did not lose heart and fought till the end.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #17
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
There is an old football adage: He who turns over the ball 6 times should not expect to win. Be glad that the team did not simply give up but gave you a good game in the end. All you can ask for is the team to be competitive, and they were certainly competitive in the 4th quarter. Count your blessings that the team did not lose heart and fought till the end.
A loss is still a loss no matter how you lose it.

But man, if we were just blown up I would have been over it now. They pur our hopes up, then crushed them just like that once the defense came out.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #18
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
yee-haw we took our 110 million dollars worth of player salaries our multi million dollar coaching staff our billion dollar owner and we didnt give up untill the very end. we are so freakin fortunate.(is that better)

Last edited by utahmark; 10-21-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-21-2007   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Should of gone the onside.
Old 10-21-2007   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

If you're a football player or a coach, then a loss is a loss and nothing else matters and there are no moral victories. Losing is never acceptable if you're one of the people playing.

If you're a fan, I think that's the wrong way to look at it. Yeah, it was a loss. I've seen a lot of losses as a fan and I'm going to see a whole bunch more. But if this team had rolled over and gotten beaten by over 20 points, that's when I would have felt sick because this would have been a team with no heart. But this team fought back and kept fighting until the very end and came up just short. That makes me feel a whole helluva lot better. Is it a loss? Yeah. But it wasn't the total beat down it could have (and probably should have) been.

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read