Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-21-2007   #1
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Way to go fans!

How about hanging out to watch the game? The defense could have used some crowd noise in the fourth quarter. Leaving in the 3rd quarter? Pathetic. Let this be a lesson to never abandon your team!
Old 10-21-2007   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Way to go fans!

Dale Jr. should lead more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #3
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed Ill admit i left with 1:30 left but I stayed until then!! I mean we came back imagine if everyone was still at the game!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #4
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I always stay until the end, and games like this are exactly why. You never know when your going to witness something amazing.
Old 10-21-2007   #5
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 875 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
How about hanging out to watch the game? The defense could have used some crowd noise in the fourth quarter. Leaving in the 3rd quarter? Pathetic. Let this be a lesson to never abandon your team!
Damn straight. Even if your team is getting blown out in the 4th quarter, you never leave. Those people that left early are probably also the same ones who bit*h about ticket prices. As much as tickets cost, at least stay the whole game and get what you can for your dollar.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
Damn straight. Even if your team is getting blown out in the 4th quarter, you never leave. Those people that left early are probably also the same ones who bit*h about ticket prices. As much as tickets cost, at least stay the whole game and get what you can for your dollar.

See that the thing. I think tix are VERY expensive and am lucky if i get to go to one game a year. When I do go, I get there early and stay till the last second for 2 reasons:
1. I am supporting my team through thick and thin.
2. The tix are so damn expensive it feels better on my wallet if the price is carried over 3 hours+ as opposed to 2.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #7
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was there until 0:00. I will say this, for only 10-15,000 people there, it wa still pretty loud in the 4th qtr
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2007   #8
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I was there until the bitter end. All the people that left early missed an incredible 4th quarter. Never give up.
Old 10-21-2007   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

You know what? I left when they went up 32-7, and I am not one bit sorry. Prior to today, I had left one game early - the Steelers game that was 120 degrees, and I left with about 5 mins left in the 4th quarter, long after everyone else on my end of the field was gone. Today was very close to the worst three quarters of football I have ever seen this team play, and I am glad I didn't stick around to have some false hope generated at the end. I have been a loyal, paying fan for the duration of this team, but I am getting real damn sick and tired of being fed this crap week in and week out.

I am absolutely non-apologetic for leaving early. It's only the second time I've done it, but hell, I would have had a better day doing laundry, or mowing the yard, or walking my cat or something. Jeez.

/rant off
Old 10-21-2007   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I know. I know. None of you guys left. Those empty seats and the 200 thousand people who say that they stayed until the bitter end were just an illusion.

Sorry for my skeptism when it comes to people saying that they stayed. Nobody seems to ever confess that they really left. I mean I understand that you guys want to leave early. I don't blame you. I pay to see the Texans win. I tune my TV to the Texans game to see us win. If we're getting our asses handed to us, you want me stay for moral support? Sorry but I don't want to coddle millionaires who take my money.

A hard fought battle only to lose it out in the end is where I'd take my beef with fans who leave early. We were getting blown out. I understand why they left.

After all that skeptism I just dished out... I myself swear on my life that I have never left a game early. I was 17 or 18 when I watched the Astros fell back by 11 or 12 runs in the first inning only to go on to score 15 and a victory at the Astrodome. I also witnessed the Burke shot in 2005. Anything can happen. Besides I want to make sure I get my money's worth out of those tickets. Whoever said about stretching your hour out is exactly how I feel about it.
Old 10-21-2007   #11
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I know. I know. None of you guys left. Those empty seats and the 200 thousand people who say that they stayed until the bitter end were just an illusion.

Sorry for my skeptism when it comes to people saying that they stayed. Nobody seems to ever confess that they really left. I mean I understand that you guys want to leave early. I don't blame you. I pay to see the Texans win. I tune my TV to the Texans game to see us win. If we're getting our asses handed to us, you want me stay for moral support? Sorry but I don't want to coddle millionaires who take my money.

A hard fought battle only to lose it out in the end is where I'd take my beef with fans who leave early. We were getting blown out. I understand why they left.

After all that skeptism I just dished out... I myself swear on my life that I have never left a game early. I was 17 or 18 when I watched the Astros fell back by 11 or 12 runs in the first inning only to go on to score 15 and a victory at the Astrodome. I also witnessed the Burke shot in 2005. Anything can happen. Besides I want to make sure I get my money's worth out of those tickets. Whoever said about stretching your hour out is exactly how I feel about it.
I don't appreciate being called a liar. I was there, my heart was pounding out of my chest. I never leave early. I would never call you a liar on the board.
Old 10-21-2007   #12
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I don't appreciate being called a liar. I was there, my heart was pounding out of my chest. I never leave early. I would never call you a liar on the board.
Same here. Nitro you blast those of us who said we stayed till the end, then you claim the same thing right afterwards. But you know what? I believe you.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #13
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I can honestly say, I couldn't have done any more to help the Texans win today. I gave it my all and then some.

I'm actually developing a bruise on my hand from beating on the empty seat in front of me.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #14
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

only thing that could be said about todays game was WOW and then hoover DAM
Old 10-21-2007   #15
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lol. I didn't call you a liar. I presented skeptism which wasn't aimed at you directly but rather the fans in general. If you watch the rerun of the game, check out our group in the bullpen... I can't say with certainity how many people were there but it sure looked like the endzone sections was only about third full. That group is suppoosed to be our hardcore Texan fans. I know there were some people who stayed until the undying end but most did not. Eriadoc was pretty much the only person who came clean at the time. My point was that at least 300,000 people are going to claim to have been at that game and maybe 290,000 will also claim to have had their butts parked in their seats for the duration of the entire game. The stadium sits around 70,000. It's just people being people.

I pretty much try to maintain the truth even though the truth hurts sometimes. A lot of our fans left anyway you look at it.
Old 10-21-2007   #16
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

I understand why this thread got posted, and with :57 seconds left in the game, those of us left in the stands were laughing at the people who left. They may be glad they missed that last bit of heartache, but I am glad I hung in there.

I am exhausted, we tried our best to make up for those who left. The fans who stayed made an incredible amount of noise. The acustics in Reliant must be great.

I guess the point I would like to make is: Please don't make sweeping generalizations about the fans. Each week after the game, I read a post criticizing the fans at the game. And granted, plenty of those attending the game deserve the criticism. But, there are also dedicated, knowledgable fans at the game who do not deserve to be called out.
Old 10-21-2007   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
I understand why this thread got posted, and with :57 seconds left in the game, those of us left in the stands were laughing at the people who left. They may be glad they missed that last bit of heartache, but I am glad I hung in there.

I am exhausted, we tried our best to make up for those who left. The fans who stayed made an incredible amount of noise. The acustics in Reliant must be great.

I guess the point I would like to make is: Please don't make sweeping generalizations about the fans. Each week after the game, I read a post criticizing the fans at the game. And granted, plenty of those attending the game deserve the criticism. But, there are also dedicated, knowledgable fans at the game who do not deserve to be called out.
I mean one guy said that he left with 1:30 remaining. I don't get that. We took the lead with :57 remaining. How does one leave after we recover an onside kick with a short drive downfield away from taking the lead after being down 29 points? Each to their own though. It's their ticket and they can do what they want with it.
Old 10-21-2007   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post

Sorry for my skeptism when it comes to people saying that they stayed. Nobody seems to ever confess that they really left.
Did it ever cross your mind that the people that spend time on a Texans message board may be more fanatical than people who don't? I don't find it unbelievable that many of the fans who post here state they were there to the end. I was there to the end ...but heck, if I go I'm not the kind of guy to leave a football game anyway.

It was an amazing finish and a crazy game....but there was some remarkably bad football for the bulk of the game. I was disgusted and started a huge chain of text messages in the 3rd quarter to many fans inside the stadium that included some here...some funny stuff, and some plain ol' disgust. This was a very bi-polar day.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #19
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep. I left early. Good thing we live in a place where I have a choice to burn my tickets if I want to. So after the cost of 3 tickets, parking, and watching until 3 minutes left in the 3rd - I left. I went out to the parking lot and drank MY beer and ate MY food. I wasn't spending another dime in there. Top it off with a sea of titan fans surrounding me in the BullPen. A big thanks to those Texans "fans" for selling your BullPen tickets to the opposing fans. I watched some more of the game outside, and departed.

As a season ticket holder, it was the 1st time I've ever left before the players have exited the field - not when time expires - I leave when the last Texan player is off the field. They didn't deserve my respect today. By the time I left, they had 2 first downs for the entire game. I'm not surprised the defense wasn't able to hold them. They were on the field for 20 minutes during the first half alone - two-thirds of the game. No amount of screaming - I did plenty of it - was going to make them any less tired.

I look at it this way: I didn't leave early - they drove me out.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #20
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Did it ever cross your mind that the people that spend time on a Texans message board may be more fanatical than people who don't? I don't find it unbelievable that many of the fans who post here state they were there to the end. I was there to the end ...but heck, if I go I'm not the kind of guy to leave a football game anyway.

It was an amazing finish and a crazy game....but there was some remarkably bad football for the bulk of the game. I was disgusted and started a huge chain of text messages in the 3rd quarter that included some here...some funny stuff, and some plain ol' disgust. This was a very bi-polar day.
Of course I did.

It's also the everyday fan who generally puts out disbelief in why people leave. We're not the season ticket holders. We don't have to come to the stadium 10 times a year and give up 3 hours of our time to stay parked in our seats as well as spend a fortune week in week out. We drool over those lucky season ticket holders and wish that we were in their place. When they leave, we'd be like... what thuh *bleep* and think to ourselves, 'If I had those tickets, I'd stay parked!' I guess what I'm basically trying to get at now is that season ticket holders begin to take their tickets for granted and non-season ticket holders take for granted the time and money that those season ticket holders have to put in week after week.

I'm not even mad at our fans for leaving. I was just trying to say that I understood why they did for this game. I give tons of props for those who stayed. It just wasn't very many of you guys is all.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read