Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2007   #41
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: What have we done to deserve this?

Cleveland had lost the previous Browns to Baltimore who went on to win the Superbowl.
Houston lost the Oilers who had the Titans go to the Superbowl.

Both teams continue to struggle, but at least the Browns made the playoffs in I believe the 3rd year, while the Texans continue to find ways to break our hearts.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #42
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
It feels like we lost twice....once by the start of the fourth quarter, and once again right at the end of the 4th...
Great way to sum it up. It was as if we played two games on Sunday and lost both of them.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #43
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3733 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I have no idea where to post this, but I have to ask if I saw what I thought I saw. Did they play clock goto 3 then reset at 40 during one of the Titans drives?

I taped the game but ummm, it ran longer than the 3 hrs 30 minutes I had allowed for the game to take place.

PS Just freakin sick is all I can say.
You are absolutely correct. I saw it too. It went down to 3...held 3 for a bout 3 second and then went to 40, all before they snapped the ball. I can't remember what drive it was, but it was very late in the game....don't think it was the last drive, but it felt like it?
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #44
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

What have we done to deserve this?

Well, I have a confession to make that may very well answer the question.

Week 1 vs. Chefs: I wore a #90 authentic and my son wore his old DD/DW jersey. I utilized the small rubber chickens (here forward known as the rally chickens) to urge on the team. Texans kick tail.

Week 2 vs. Panthers: I wore my #90 authentic and my son wore his old DD/DW jersey again. The rally chickens were in full effect and the Texans played inspired ball as we topple the Carolina Bangin' Hairdoos.

Week 3 vs. Colts: I was late to turn the game on because I had to put up a new mailbox. I bust out my #37 sometime in the 2nd and the son loses interest. He wears normal clothing during the game. The rally chickens show up but there is no fire in their little plastic bellies. Texans play tough, but come up short.

Week 4 vs. Falcons: No jerseys. No chickens. No win.

Week 5 vs. Inept Sea Mammals: Downstairs AC is out. I bust out the #90 authentic anyway. Hogtie the sweaty 4-year-old and put his jersey on him. Rally chickens and sweat fly everywhere in the 90 degree living room and the Texans win on a "is he using HGH?" kick from KB.

Week 6 vs. Jaguars: No jersey. No chickens. No win.

Week 7 vs. Tight 'Uns: Upset by last week's efforts, I pout like a petulant child and leave the jersey in the closet. Break out the rally chickens with a vigor in the second half and the Texans almost pull out the win.

Okay. What have we learned so far?

No jerseys, no chickens = no win.
Some of one, none of the other = tough loss
Jerseys on drewmar74 v1.0 and 3.0 + rally chickens = win

So, I deeply apologize to Texan Nation for my lack of discipline with regards to my gameday apparel and that of my son. Oh, and for my lack of focus when it comes to the rally chickens. The 4 losses are obviously my fault and I apologize.
Old 10-23-2007   #45
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
So, I deeply apologize to Texan Nation for my lack of discipline with regards to my gameday apparel and that of my son. Oh, and for my lack of focus when it comes to the rally chickens. The 4 losses are obviously my fault and I apologize.
Well.

Now that we've got that straightened out...

CHAMPIONSHIP!
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #46
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Week 1 vs. Chefs: I wore a #90 authentic and my son wore his old DD/DW jersey. I utilized the small rubber chickens (here forward known as the rally chickens) to urge on the team. Texans kick tail.

Week 2 vs. Panthers: I wore my #90 authentic and my son wore his old DD/DW jersey again. The rally chickens were in full effect and the Texans played inspired ball as we topple the Carolina Bangin' Hairdoos.

Week 3 vs. Colts: I was late to turn the game on because I had to put up a new mailbox. I bust out my #37 sometime in the 2nd and the son loses interest. He wears normal clothing during the game. The rally chickens show up but there is no fire in their little plastic bellies. Texans play tough, but come up short.

Week 5 vs. Inept Sea Mammals: Downstairs AC is out. I bust out the #90 authentic anyway. Hogtie the sweaty 4-year-old and put his jersey on him. Rally chickens and sweat fly everywhere in the 90 degree living room and the Texans win on a "is he using HGH?" kick from KB.

Week 7 vs. Tight 'Uns: Upset by last week's efforts, I pout like a petulant child and leave the jersey in the closet. Break out the rally chickens with a vigor in the second half and the Texans almost pull out the win.

What the heck are you doing? You better be wearing that #90 and better put that kid of yours in his DD/DW jersey ASAP. Wear them all week if you have to!
Old 10-23-2007   #47
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

i also have to come clean: (not as diehard but still strange)

Week 1: follow the game religiously over the internet

Week 2: follow the game religiously over the internet

Week 3: away at a soccer match.. missed the whole game

Week 4: away at a soccer match.. missed the whole game

Week 5: Watched the game live on tv

Week 6: away at a soccer match.. missed the whole game

Week 7: away at a soccer match.. swear to god, got home midway through the 3rd quarter and got the rest of the game over the internet..

i didnt think much of it up till sunday but its getting too coincidental.. so now damnit im going to make sure i get home from our away soccer matches on time..

apologies to all.. 12-4 here we come!
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2007   #48
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
You are absolutely correct. I saw it too. It went down to 3...held 3 for a bout 3 second and then went to 40, all before they snapped the ball. I can't remember what drive it was, but it was very late in the game....don't think it was the last drive, but it felt like it?
So two weeks in a row the refs do not know how to tell time or count. I have never seen that two weeks in a row.

OK well at least I was imagining things.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read