Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2007   #21
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What have we done to deserve this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
brutal ending.

Rosenfels is the modern day Frank Reich.
Worse day for you guys. What's the latest on Ronnie Brown's knee? If y'all lose him, then I think 0-16 is a possibility.

I know the beer probably won't help, but I'm getting ready to try one anyway.
Old 10-21-2007   #22
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

well, Brown says he's fine, the x-ray was negative....no clue. if he's done then Miami can go ahead and give the 'Phins hat to Glenn Dorsey and start negotiating with his agent.

if Brown is fine, then clearly the day was worse for Texans fans. getting blown out by the Patriots? business as usual in the NFL.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #23
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

What a bizarre crazy game...I'm worn out. I don't even know where to start when breaking this game down. I'm disgusted on a bunch of different levels. It's a trip to be this disgusted about a game that was such a memorable one...so, all I can say is that it was a bizarre and crazy game.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #24
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

also my "Frank Reich" comparison with Rosenfels also calls back to his epic comeback against the Bills when he was with Miami. came in the second half, scored a bunch of points (and Chambers had like 15 catches, 220 yards or something ridiculous), and he did practically the same thing with Houston this year. his niche is coming in late off the bench and scoring points.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #25
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
also my "Frank Reich" comparison with Rosenfels also calls back to his epic comeback against the Bills when he was with Miami. came in the second half, scored a bunch of points (and Chambers had like 15 catches, 220 yards or something ridiculous), and he did practically the same thing with Houston this year. his niche is coming in late off the bench and scoring points.
He's the Billy Wagner of football. He lights you up then gives up some long balls. He did a great job when he wasn't doing such a bad job. Teams don't win with that many turnovers.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #26
austintexanite
All Pro

This one definitley hurts more than last years loss. We had the game won, but let it slip away.
Old 10-21-2007   #27
Laserjock
noob

For what its worth, I thought for sure we had lost this game. What the Texans did in the 4th quarter was amazing and terribly frustrating for me. I thought our defense had played well enough to allow our anemic offense to win this game.

I thought I was going to lose the rest of my hair at the end of this one.

Texans played very well in the 4th and it could have gone either way.
Laserjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2007   #28
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Our defense lacks aggression...we give the wide receivers so much cushion its easy for QBs to connect with them.

We need a running back as well, however I think Studdard will be an improvement at a guard position cause he definitely knows how to run block seeing that he blocked for VY.

*sigh* things need to be shaken up a bit on the Texans front...something needs to change.
Old 10-21-2007   #29
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Of all the losses over the past years - this was the most heartbreaking. I had reconciled to losing when the 4th quarter started and to lose it in the last 2 seconds after coming so far so fast is just a killer.

I consumed aspirin when I was totally angry - now I'm going to move on to brownies - with fudge icing.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #30
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

Tough loss? For sure, but you guys should be proud of your players....they showed that they have heart by making a huge surge when everyone else had written the game off.
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #31
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Was that prevent defense we played the last 50 seconds? Everybody knows what that prevents, a win!
It was the same defense that we played the entire 4th quarter.

I still can't believe we won, and please don't take that as gloating. I just cannot believe we gave up so much in the game, much less the 4th quarter.

But like he said, if anything be proud of your guys. Texans teams of the past would have given up after 25-7. Kubiak has obviously changed the attitude in that locker room.

Hope Schaub turns out ok and look forward to seeing the game here in Nashville in December.

Now go help us out with San Diego!!
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #32
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
It was the same defense that we played the entire 4th quarter.

I still can't believe we won, and please don't take that as gloating. I just cannot believe we gave up so much in the game, much less the 4th quarter.

But like he said, if anything be proud of your guys. Texans teams of the past would have given up after 25-7. Kubiak has obviously changed the attitude in that locker room.

Hope Schaub turns out ok and look forward to seeing the game here in Nashville in December.

Now go help us out with San Diego!!
Thanks man. Reading this thread got me depressed again. Only two games in Texans history I have been to are the Colts and Titans this year. If that doesn't suck, well I don't know what does. But you are right that Kubiak has changed the demeanor of the team, and that we can all be excited about. We are seeing what we are able to do with nothing. And guys, we never realized how integral of a part Steve McKinney was to our line being average. Without him, we're one of the worst in the league. But hey, when we do get a team, it does appear we have the coach to succeed. But get rid of Smith. I'm ready to see Frank Bush!
Old 10-22-2007   #33
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

This game reminded me way too much of the Bills game last year. Come back to basiclly win the game and end up giving the game up in the last minute. When I saw Andre Davis's catch in the endzone I hoped it was going to be over turned to allow the texans time to run the clock down. That didn't happen though.
Old 10-22-2007   #34
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

We have lost way too many of these types of games the past couple of years. In the past we have said that we just didn't have the talent to pull it out...which may be true today. At some point though, you just start believing that this team is snake bit.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #35
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: What have we done to deserve this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
I've exhausted myself through just about every emotion right now. I'm numb.
I wish I had time to be numb. But yeah, I feel ya. Had the future in-laws not been there, I probably would have been in my seat head down until the ushers asked me to leave.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #36
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

It feels like we lost twice....once by the start of the fourth quarter, and once again right at the end of the 4th...
Old 10-22-2007   #37
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no idea where to post this, but I have to ask if I saw what I thought I saw. Did they play clock goto 3 then reset at 40 during one of the Titans drives?

I taped the game but ummm, it ran longer than the 3 hrs 30 minutes I had allowed for the game to take place.

PS Just freakin sick is all I can say.
Old 10-22-2007   #38
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSon View Post
All Houston sports teams are like this. It is very maddening.
True dat. OK, I'll exempt the Rockets from the discussion, because they won it all, back-to-back.

What is the other biggest Houston sports win in history? I'm thinking the Astros winning the NL pennant has to take it. If so, a sweep in the World Series is as good as it gets. The playoff win vs. SD back in the LYB days was good, but fruitless. The NL playoff runs in the '80s were good, but fruitless.

To start naming losses, I can name quite a few heartwrenching ones, and I am only old enough to remember the late '70s and forward:

Oilers' losses vs. Pittsburgh (Earl had like 17 fumbles in one of those games, ugh)
UH vs. NC State - last second alley oop
Astros loss to Mets, 1986
Astros loss to Phillies, 1980? 1981? something like that.
Oilers loss to Bills
Oilers loss to Montana-led Chiefs
Astros losses to Braves repeatedly, and to the Padres
Oilers loss to Bud Adams
Texans 2002-present

I'm probably missing a few I'd rather not remember.
Old 10-22-2007   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
True dat. OK, I'll exempt the Rockets from the discussion, because they won it all, back-to-back.

What is the other biggest Houston sports win in history? I'm thinking the Astros winning the NL pennant has to take it. If so, a sweep in the World Series is as good as it gets. The playoff win vs. SD back in the LYB days was good, but fruitless. The NL playoff runs in the '80s were good, but fruitless.

To start naming losses, I can name quite a few heartwrenching ones, and I am only old enough to remember the late '70s and forward:

Oilers' losses vs. Pittsburgh (Earl had like 17 fumbles in one of those games, ugh)
Oilers loss to Bills
Oilers loss to Bud Adams
Texans 2002-present

I posted this a couple of hours ago in Yankee's thread Ohio Cursed? Link:

Quote:
Houston Football can hang with any 'curses' put there:

1) University of Houston 1979 Cotton Bowl v. ND and Joe Montana
2) '78-'79 and '79-'80 Houston Oilers (Never did kick that SOB in)
3) '89-'90 Houston Oilers (26-23 OT loss v. Pittsburgh)
4) '91-'92 Houston Oilers (Denver come back, and win 26-24)
5) '92-'93 Houston Oilers (Buffalo, 'nuff said)
6) I think yesterday qualifies as being on this list.
That was just football, I didn't even talk about the '80 & '86 Astros
Old 10-22-2007   #40
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

Oilers loss to Bills
Oilers loss to Bud Adams
Texans 2002-present

The Astros in the NLCS against the Cardinals having a chance to go to the World Series in front of the home crowd, Nolan Ryan looking down, crowd all hyped up and Albert Pujols cranks one to left field was the worst I ever felt. Thankfully we went on to win the series anyway.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read