Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2007   #1
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A Plea For Sanity

We all know tomorrow is the Texans-Titans game. And, we all know, some of the people, including some board members, will be showing up to the game in Vince Young #10 Titans jerseys, and UT jerseys, etc.

Tomorrow is also the day that Im taking the love of my life to her very first NFL game. Please, lets act like mature adults, and show some modicum of common sense. There is no reason to be belligerent to these people, lets not make a scene, lets not start fights. Nobody needs to get hurt over a jersey. I don't want new fans, and media, and the public at large to get the impression that we are stupid people with nothing better to do then get physically violent over a draft that happened 2 years ago. Go, enjoy the game, drink in moderation, but please keep your tempers in check.

Thank you,

The committee for people who don't want to have to swing a chair on sunday.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Plea For Sanity

wear a shower cap

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
wear a shower cap
allright, that one went over my head

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 10-20-2007   #4
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9068 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
We all know tomorrow is the Texans-Titans game. And, we all know, some of the people, including some board members, will be showing up to the game in Vince Young #10 Titans jerseys, and UT jerseys, etc.

Tomorrow is also the day that Im taking the love of my life to her very first NFL game. Please, lets act like mature adults, and show some modicum of common sense. There is no reason to be belligerent to these people, lets not make a scene, lets not start fights. Nobody needs to get hurt over a jersey. I don't want new fans, and media, and the public at large to get the impression that we are stupid people with nothing better to do then get physically violent over a draft that happened 2 years ago. Go, enjoy the game, drink in moderation, but please keep your tempers in check.

Thank you,

The committee for people who don't want to have to swing a chair on sunday.
Dude, if you can figure out how to swing one of those stadium seats, hats off to you.
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #5
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Just be extra loud in the VY/Tit fans ear tomorrow.
Quote:
We must protect this house!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
allright, that one went over my head
just joking about your impending beer shower from the seats above.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #7
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

ah. Myself and my girl will be in texans jerseys...kindly don't maul us in the confusion.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2007   #8
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I must be drunk because SWT is asking for people to have decorum and act mature?

Bizzarro world?
Old 10-20-2007   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a good suggestion: don't wear Titans gear in the Texans' house.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #10
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

I'll be wearing a Tits jersey.......I don't mind people taunting me, because I do it to people in toyota center who come in wearing the opposing teams jersey....but if you do "something" to me, expect to have "something" done back to you.........
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #11
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't wear a Texans hat with a Titans jersey......

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #12
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

^^I would wear a texans hat, but I don't feel like going out and wasting money on one.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #13
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to encourage every Texan fan to be as verbally discontent with any person wearing a #10 jersey in Reliant stadium as they'd like.

TIA
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #14
real

Soooo....

Do you guys think it will be as ridiculous as last year ?

With all the VY and Titan Jersey's and all ?
Old 10-20-2007   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I'd like to encourage every Texan fan to be as verbally discontent with any person wearing a #10 jersey in Reliant stadium as they'd like.

TIA
I suggest we leave them alone during the game. But feel free to point and laugh after we kick Tennessee's butt.

I'll be wearing my classic Earl Campbell jersey and cheering madly for the Texans.

Like I always do.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by real View Post
Soooo....

Do you guys think it will be as ridiculous as last year ?

With all the VY and Titan Jersey's and all ?
I doubt it.

...or maybe that should read, I hope not.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #17
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I doubt it.

...or maybe that should read, I hope not.

I hope not either...

It sends a terrible message to the players....
Old 10-20-2007   #18
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

A couple of games ago, I tried to mediate an imminent fight between two groups of TEXANS fans who were drunk and kinda pissed about the Colts game. It was obvious that they were just looking to fight, and they ended up fighting after a police officer told them to cool down.

The *winner* of the fight ended up in a choke hold. My friend and I had to beg and be nice to get him not arrested.

Sooooooo. If two groups of Texan fans can get into after a game, all bets are off with Titans fans. Lots of people in the general public. Lots of people like to drink at sporting events. Stuff happens.
Old 10-20-2007   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm feeling fiesty!! They better watch out!!

GOOOOOO TEXANS!!!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #20
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll have to agree to disagree here.

Get drunk and raise hell tomorrow. If you don't like something that someone's wearing, feel free to throw a beer on them. Maybe word will get around and the bandwagon Titans fans will think twice about showing up next year in Titans colors.

I have an orange #10 jersey in my closet that I wouldn't dream of wearing on a Sunday, much less in Reliant. Why? Because I don't wanna get my ass kicked. People should know better.

I read a quote from Eric Moulds about the game last year in which he said that it seemed like the Titans were the home team at Reliant last year. He said that he's glad to be on the other sideline now.

Not like he'll be a factor in the game anyway.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read