Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-19-2007   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tough landing for USC

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3070430

Quote:
SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- USC's football team, coaches and staff endured several terrifying minutes as their chartered flight to South Bend plummeted amid a severe thunderstorm, forcing the pilot to abort his first landing attempt.

About 125 people, including 82 players, coach Pete Carroll and most of the coaching staff faced a harrowing end to their trip across the country for Saturday's game.

"There was a moment there when I was thinking, 'This is it,' " Dennis Slutak, USC's director of football operations, told The Los Angeles Times.

USC sports information director Tim Tessalone told The Associated Press on Friday that some passengers were thrown from their seats by turbulence as lightning cracked around the storm-tossed aircraft about 9 p.m. Thursday.

"It was a little bit of a roller coaster drop there for a minute," he said. "We had some people fly out of some seats. Everybody is fine, but it was a frightening little dip there."

The pilot aborted the approach and circled around the storm before landing without incident about 20 minutes later to the relief of the shaken team and the spouses of some staff members also on the flight, Tessalone said.

Safety Taylor Mays said he was screaming.

At their hotel, senior defensive end Lawrence Jackson said he was going to see the team trainer because a Popsicle stick had pierced the inside of his mouth during the drop.

"That was terrifying," fullback Stanley Havili said. "I thought I was going to die."

Quarterback John David Booty said, "It wasn't the worst flight I've ever been on, but it was definitely the biggest drop."
Man, that's scary. I'm glad they're ok

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tough landing for USC

Little wimpy SoCal guys/girls - probably never have flown in a part of the country like the midwest where they have T-Storms, so they really thought a landing that's a little rough is first-time experience for any air travelers.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #3
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Notre Dame is God's team and he was just giving notice to the USC trojans.
Old 10-20-2007   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

If they were coming in for a landing, why did people fly around.? Aren't they supposed to be belted in?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Did one of those when I flew to london once. I'm not experenced enough to say it was x number of feet we droped. All I know is my weboes don't taste very good. It was enough that I placed a peronal to the good lord.

Well the irsih broke out the green and they laid another turd. Charlie can now go do the twelth man thingy and see if he can find more o-lineman on campus.
I heard he called up the coroner and asked if they were mising any cadavars. He told them he knew where they could pick up three stiffs.
Old 10-21-2007   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Did one of those when I flew to london once. I'm not experenced enough to say it was x number of feet we droped. All I know is my weboes don't taste very good. It was enough that I placed a peronal to the good lord.

Well the irsih broke out the green and they laid another turd. Charlie can now go do the twelth man thingy and see if he can find more o-lineman on campus.
I heard he called up the coroner and asked if they were mising any cadavars. He told them he knew where they could pick up three stiffs.
The green was not because it was a very meaningful game which is what it is reserved for but to celebrate the 30th anniversery of the 1977 National Chapionship team, hence the ugly throw back greens.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read