Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2007   #21
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 156418 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Melt Down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Exactly... I read what he said, and took him to task about not giving us any kind of quote, audio, video, or even a comment from someone who heard it. In my comment, I equated it to how he would continuously make reference to how lots of Astros do not like Craig Biggio - but he would never say more than that.

Texans Chick nailed it... I don't dislike McClain or Justice - but when it comes to "matters of Mario" they seem to be coming from the wrong place... and that place isn't a 'journalistic' one - that goes for their articles AND their blogs.
after looking at this for a moment I've kinda come to the conclusion that he wanted to take a shot at Mario but lumped in some bad imagery of VY so he wouldn't take as much heat for bashing Mario. Seems like he is making the famous Richard Justice chicken salad out of chicken you know what....especially in lieu of him not allowing Step's comments when he allows idiotic comments. This just makes him look really bad imo.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007   #22
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70794 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
LOL, Justice will only publish things that make him look good or when other fans look like idiots. I think Jack Nicholson said it best...."He can't handle the truth!" I hope he is reading this...lame stuff RJ.
I have sent him a message to determine whether I am banned from his blog or if there is some strange technical glitch that has repeatedly stopped me from posting just to his blog. I am familiar with the blog software they use to approve comments. Sometimes comments do fall through the cracks, but it seems strange to me that his blog is the only ones where my comments don't show up.

I saved this last comment I made because I thought it wouldn't get published.

I've often had discussions with various Chronicle writers about different subjects, sometimes heated discussions, but none of them have ever not published what I wrote in their comments. I like vigorous discussion of things and try not to make it too personal. I really do want to encourage fair and accurate reporting at the Chronicle because that's how most people know what happens with local teams.

I published everything that was put on my blog except for the overtly disgusting ones. Cowboy Bill Lamza once accused me of publishing something he wrote to make him look bad. He wrote something about how I should be baking cookies or some other stupid barefoot kitchen crap, and so it was a comment and I published it. And then people dogged him for it. And then he wrote a comment that suggested that I just published the comment HE WROTE to make him look bad.
Old 10-19-2007   #23
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Mario Melt Down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I saw the VY interview last night and it wasn't bad at all. He basically said last year was different and he made his point and this year he just wanted to win a division game and that we had a different team now. Respect for that.
I totally agree. He pretty much (without saying it) told the media to go stuff themselves, because he's here to play football and not play into their media created soap opera.

-------
As for "The General," what has he done lately? He goes on 610, repeats stuff VERBATIM from the internet and ESPN, tools around with Anna Megan (don't get me started) and then spends most of his time complaining about nasty e-mails and texts (and proceeds to give out texters' phone numbers over the air).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

If no one likes Dick, who the heck is reading his columns to begin with?? I don't, unless they are relevant to one of the threads...
Old 10-19-2007   #25
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
BTW, I am thinking that Richard Justice might be a coward of the highest level.

I often make comments in Chronicle blogs. Up until recently, they all get published. Except for on Justice's blog. I guess I am on his bad list. It happened to me once before, I just blew it off as maybe a mistake. But it happened again, so I am guessing I am blackballed. Here's what I wrote that he or someone else there was too chicken to publish. (Which is amazing, because they publish all sorts of ugly irrational stuff):
I think Justice is a Skip Bayless wannabe. A man with a massive napoleonic complex and reporting nothing but the National Enquirer of sports talk. I wrote he and the Chronicle one time 2-3 years ago..it was published in the Chronicle..in regards to how he consistently backed Casserly, despite his draft record. He wrote me back and spun the article completely explaining how the drafts weren't all bad. I wrote himback with the track record and where each guy was and what picks we had lost. Fast Forward months later and he writes an article about Casserly basically saying he is the anti-Christ of Texans football. He has done the same with Purpura. He flip flops to suit his weekly agenda and to get his attention. Anyone with a smart and opinion to the contrary is ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post

-------
As for "The General," what has he done lately? He goes on 610, repeats stuff VERBATIM from the internet and ESPN, tools around with Anna Megan (don't get me started) and then spends most of his time complaining about nasty e-mails and texts (and proceeds to give out texters' phone numbers over the air).
I've been one that has always stuck up for The General because at least I get to hear football but lately I sense a bitterness that doesn't sit well with me. I tried to call in last week when he was on 610...never had done this before...to see if he had ever run into my best friend that is the asst special teams coach with the Jags..first year. I had written him about the guy earlier in the year because it was a good story. I was on hold and hour and never got on. I got the feeling by the screeners question that it wasn;t the type talk they wanted. Anytime anyone questions the Texans play calling or coaching though he goes off and basically tells people they are stupid. I'm just losing some respect.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 10-19-2007 at 12:11 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007   #26
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
If no one likes Dick, who the heck is reading his columns to begin with?? I don't, unless they are relevant to one of the threads...
Dick Justice sounds like a homosexual vigilante militia.
Old 10-19-2007   #27
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
Dick Justice sounds like a homosexual vigilante militia.
Sponsored links
Old 10-19-2007   #28
Da_General
Obnoxious Musician

Rep Power: 17 Da_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
I have sent him a message to determine whether I am banned from his blog or if there is some strange technical glitch that has repeatedly stopped me from posting just to his blog. I am familiar with the blog software they use to approve comments. Sometimes comments do fall through the cracks, but it seems strange to me that his blog is the only ones where my comments don't show up.
Steph, I think you're ignoring the obvious. They were THREATENED by you when you had your blog there. Your articles were better researched, more interesting, and WAY better written. You made them look bad. And posting your blog response would just make them look bad again. Childish behavior, to be sure.
Old 10-19-2007   #29
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70794 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_General View Post
Steph, I think you're ignoring the obvious. They were THREATENED by you when you had your blog there. Your articles were better researched, more interesting, and WAY better written. You made them look bad. And posting your blog response would just make them look bad again. Childish behavior, to be sure.
Actually, some of the columnists there were encouraging of what I wrote and were regular readers. The editor I worked with wanted me to continue what I was doing, but truly it took too much time. And when your fun unpaid hobby starts feeling like work, well then, it isn't something you should do any more.

Sportswriters do work very hard. And they write lots of words. Some of those words will be thoughtful ones, and some of those words are going to be assigned by an editor and pushed out before deadline. I think it would be one of those jobs that it would be hard to have a normal family life with.

The sorts of criticism that they get can get overwhelmingly personal and ugly. They also get to do some neat stuff that regular people don't get to do.

I like what I do for FanHouse because it is a way to educate a more national audience about the Texans. An audience that may not know much about the team. There is so much misinformation or exaggeration out there, that it is nice to be able to use their audience reach as a way to put some information and analysis out there that maybe people can't find otherwise. And maybe have a dialogue with other people interested in the team. And I'll keep doing that as long as it remains fun and they let me.
Old 10-19-2007   #30
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

On the subject of Marios intelligence, please ty to remember that your average NFL player isn't an M.I.T. EE. He may not be that far off of the
norm in the smarts dept.
Also remember that there's still few sports subjects in Houston, TX that get more attention, even now, than the 2006 NFL Draft and the top 3 picks of that Draft. Justice and his pals are still trying to sell newspapers, and now Justice also has a daily radio show, on which he repeated this whole story he's reportedly written in his blog.
These kinda stories have got to hurt a reporters access to players on the team, but maybe Justice didn't have that much to lose in the beginning anyhow.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007   #31
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
About Mario's intelligence - I must agree. I remember seeing Mario on Rome is Burning and it seemed like the guy had trouble forming complete sentences. Judging from his lambo video and the interviews I've seen, Mario isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer nor does he enjoy giving interviews. Luckily football players don't have to be very academically smart to be good at their jobs.

I'm not sure why Justice couldn't atleast give us a quote or example of how/why he said Mario had a melt down. I can't help but feel like he and McClain love to stir the Mario/VY pot every time an opportunity arises.

Mario Williams is a young guy from a small town in North Carolina.

It is not easy being on TV if you are someone not trained to do that sort of thing. I think a lot of game shows bank on the fact that regular people lose IQ points when a camera gets a foot from their face.

I have to say I'm more impressed when someone is personable and good on TV than I am critical when they struggle. Cuz it ain't easy.
Old 10-19-2007   #32
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

FWIW, and without sharing the email.

My comment was intentionally not published on Justice's blog due to him taking issue of things I wrote about his work last year.

Am I the only one that finds it absolutely hilarious that he won't publish my comment in a blog where he is criticizing twenty-something year old professional athletes for being "testy," "unapproachable" and "prima donnas?"

He's Richard Justice and I am just a Chronicle subscriber and a sports fan. His blog, his rules.
Old 10-19-2007   #33
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It is not easy being on TV if you are someone not trained to do that sort of thing. I think a lot of game shows bank on the fact that regular people lose IQ points when a camera gets a foot from their face.

I have to say I'm more impressed when someone is personable and good on TV than I am critical when they struggle. Cuz it ain't easy.
Just because someone speaks slowly or not as crisp as a highly trained and experienced speaker, does not mean they are less intelligent in my opinion. AJ isn't the best speaker in my opinion, but I am not going to base an opinion on his intelligence due to that.

Humans are such emotional creatures and so judgemental for reasons that are so irrational. Just look at the concept of love, it has more to do with what someone looks like than who they really are. Look at the legal system and pursuading a jury.

We think we just hear with our ears, but we really hear more with our eyes!

Back to point, thinking through an issue logically and coming to a reasonable conclusion has nothing to do with speaking skills. They are two separate issues.

Two people could come up with the same analysis, but if the presenter has a stuttering issue, it's immediately discounted, disregarded, and/or ignored. A clean cut well spoken individual gets high marks instead and everyone goes, yeah! I call it the JFK effect. Not jabbing at JFK, but that guy got so much lee way because he looked good. If he had a stuttering problem, no one would have ever know who he was. He would have been irrelevant.

Life isn't fair, and neither are human beings...

I sometimes wonder what the world be like and the inventions that would come about if we weren't so hung up on looks and how well someone spoke.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007   #34
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

EXACTLY. Smart has nothing to do with it. When you get in front of that camera, all bets are off. It has everything to do with the fact that Mario is not used to it. He will get there.

I would rather have a nervous Mario than a certain young QB with a huge temper.

Quote:

My comment was intentionally not published on Justice's blog due to him taking issue of things I wrote about his work last year.

Am I the only one that finds it absolutely hilarious that he won't publish my comment in a blog where he is criticizing twenty-something year old professional athletes for being "testy," "unapproachable" and "prima donnas?"

He's Richard Justice and I am just a Chronicle subscriber and a sports fan. His blog, his rules.
What a ******bag. I respect McClain for all the work he did in the past (before VY), but I have nothing for Justice. I would much rather read your blog, TC.
Old 10-19-2007   #35
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

Well-said.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007   #36
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thats Garbage, his articles are garbage, and the editor who published it and will not publish your works is garbage.

He is a 20 something year old kid, don't go afte them. Unless you as a man can take it.

(I just realized TC is more of a man than Dick Justice)

Old 10-19-2007   #37
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

TC Please share the email. You owe him nothing, and I would really love to see what he wrote. I have lost a lot of respect for Justice this year. He wants to entertain and be controversial more than inform.
Old 10-19-2007   #38
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

It's amazing that Justice has a job. His reporting is biased, his behavior is childish, and he is unable to form his own opinions on anything. Sort of like when he blasted the Astros with the infamous gravestone image and then tried to be all cute and clever about how he "spurred them on" or some horsetrash.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007   #39
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not only does that take holding a grudge and prima donna to a whole different level, it is the dumbest da*n thing I've heard in all of my put togethers. Justice needs to be put on some kind of medical get over yourself leave of absence.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007   #40
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You should forward his comments to the Chron editors and let them know the vindictive and disrespectful behavior of one of the "columnists." That is total b.s. and he should be called out for such petty actions.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read