Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-18-2007   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default History tells us the Texans will select another Defensive Lineman

Haha, I, as much as anyone else, actually hope we don't select a defensive lineman.

But, if we do, I really like Chris Long, and wanted to get his name out there. He plays at the school I work at (Virginia), and may be one of the most dedicated, hard working, motivated players I've ever seen. We don't have a tremendous amount of talent on our DL, and he is double teamed every single play. He still produces.

Here's an interview from him:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/int...chrislong.html
Old 10-18-2007   #2
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: History tells us the Texans will select another Defensive Lineman

I wouldn't mind drafting Chris Long either.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Haha, I, as much as anyone else, actually hope we don't select a defensive lineman.

But, if we do, I really like Chris Long, and wanted to get his name out there. He plays at the school I work at (Virginia), and may be one of the most dedicated, hard working, motivated players I've ever seen. We don't have a tremendous amount of talent on our DL, and he is double teamed every single play. He still produces.

Here's an interview from him:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/int...chrislong.html
They rank him as the 5th best player, that's interesting!

But that also means we won't see him (I hope, LOL!)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

If a defensive lineman is our first round pick, I will quit watching. No wait. I did not say that. Just kidding. haha. Please do not draft a DL. LT or RB please!
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #5
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Their mock has us taking: Ryan Clady, OT, Boise St

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
They rank him as the 5th best player, that's interesting!

But that also means we won't see him (I hope, LOL!)
I don't like this

Quote:
"Chris Long is a 3-4 end for the Cavaliers where more often than not he is asked to cover his gaps rather than get after the quarterback, which explains his lack of eye-popping statistics, but as a senior he has been given more freedom and it's shown up in the box scores."
Seems like another guy to shuffle in and to disappear.
Old 10-18-2007   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post

So he'll come here and protect Zabranksy? (j/k)

Interesting prospect.
If he can help protect a different QB (Taylor Tharp) to have some good games, that says something.

But I don't want to jinx Spencer though!
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2007   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I don't like this

Seems like another guy to shuffle in and to disappear.
I doubt that we will draft DL anyway!
Old 10-18-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post

best tackle in the draft.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad you posted this cause I've been waiting to unveil a truely great DL prospect, actually he is a pure pass rushing DE that won't be eligble this year but in 09 I expect him to be a top 10 pick (not that the Texans will even have a chance) but his play is something else. I could even see him as being the answear @ the WILL. George Selvie, DE, South Florida

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I'm glad you posted this cause I've been waiting to unveil a truely great DL prospect, actually he is a pure pass rushing DE that won't be eligble this year but in 09 I expect him to be a top 10 pick (not that the Texans will even have a chance) but his play is something else. I could even see him as being the answear @ the WILL. George Selvie, DE, South Florida
we can watch him tonight.
Old 10-19-2007   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I didn't hear they call his name tonight.
Old 10-19-2007   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticl...ATCLID=1283197

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 10-19-2007   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I didn't hear they call his name tonight.
He hurt his back pretty early.
Old 10-19-2007   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
He hurt his back pretty early.
Thanks!

Checking his stats, seems like he did pretty well against some quality opponents.

But we're not gonna take him anyway, I don't think.
Old 10-19-2007   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he's a sophomore, he's 235 pounds, he's still very raw, he's not going to come out this year.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
he's a sophomore, he's 235 pounds, he's still very raw, he's not going to come out this year.
I hope we don't have to draft a DE the following year either!
Old 10-19-2007   #18
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Kastofsna, since this is your team, do you think he will stay around the same weight and become a pass rush OLB for a 3-4 or even a SAM, or put on enough weight to stay at DE in the NFL, or do you even think a few teams will take a chance on him if he doesn't gain much more, like a Freeny speed rusher?
Old 10-19-2007   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Kastofsna, since this is your team, do you think he will stay around the same weight and become a pass rush OLB for a 3-4 or even a SAM, or put on enough weight to stay at DE in the NFL, or do you even think a few teams will take a chance on him if he doesn't gain much more, like a Freeny speed rusher?
don't know about Kast but it seems to me like OLB in a 3-4 would be his natural position once he does play in the NFL.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 10-19-2007   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

if the Texans where in position this upcoming to draft Glenn Dorsey, yeah, I would do it, but thats the only way. then I would expect a defensive change back to the 3-4, Mario & Amobi are both two gap tackles & with a stud NT like Dorsey would potentially be the best line in the NFL.

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read