Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

History tells us the Texans will select another Defensive Lineman

gtexan02

Working?
Haha, I, as much as anyone else, actually hope we don't select a defensive lineman.

But, if we do, I really like Chris Long, and wanted to get his name out there. He plays at the school I work at (Virginia), and may be one of the most dedicated, hard working, motivated players I've ever seen. We don't have a tremendous amount of talent on our DL, and he is double teamed every single play. He still produces.

Here's an interview from him:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/interviews/chrislong/chrislong.html

Haha, I, as much as anyone else, actually hope we don't select a defensive lineman.

But, if we do, I really like Chris Long, and wanted to get his name out there. He plays at the school I work at (Virginia), and may be one of the most dedicated, hard working, motivated players I've ever seen. We don't have a tremendous amount of talent on our DL, and he is double teamed every single play. He still produces.

Here's an interview from him:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/interviews/chrislong/chrislong.html
They rank him as the 5th best player, that's interesting!

But that also means we won't see him (I hope, LOL!)

If a defensive lineman is our first round pick, I will quit watching. No wait. I did not say that. Just kidding. haha. Please do not draft a DL. LT or RB please!

They rank him as the 5th best player, that's interesting!

But that also means we won't see him (I hope, LOL!)

I don't like this

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

"Chris Long is a 3-4 end for the Cavaliers where more often than not he is asked to cover his gaps rather than get after the quarterback, which explains his lack of eye-popping statistics, but as a senior he has been given more freedom and it's shown up in the box scores."

Seems like another guy to shuffle in and to disappear.

I'm glad you posted this cause I've been waiting to unveil a truely great DL prospect, actually he is a pure pass rushing DE that won't be eligble this year but in 09 I expect him to be a top 10 pick (not that the Texans will even have a chance) but his play is something else. I could even see him as being the answear @ the WILL. George Selvie, DE, South Florida

I'm glad you posted this cause I've been waiting to unveil a truely great DL prospect, actually he is a pure pass rushing DE that won't be eligble this year but in 09 I expect him to be a top 10 pick (not that the Texans will even have a chance) but his play is something else. I could even see him as being the answear @ the WILL. George Selvie, DE, South Florida
we can watch him tonight.

I didn't hear they call his name tonight.

he's a sophomore, he's 235 pounds, he's still very raw, he's not going to come out this year.

Kastofsna, since this is your team, do you think he will stay around the same weight and become a pass rush OLB for a 3-4 or even a SAM, or put on enough weight to stay at DE in the NFL, or do you even think a few teams will take a chance on him if he doesn't gain much more, like a Freeny speed rusher?

Kastofsna, since this is your team, do you think he will stay around the same weight and become a pass rush OLB for a 3-4 or even a SAM, or put on enough weight to stay at DE in the NFL, or do you even think a few teams will take a chance on him if he doesn't gain much more, like a Freeny speed rusher?

don't know about Kast but it seems to me like OLB in a 3-4 would be his natural position once he does play in the NFL.

if the Texans where in position this upcoming to draft Glenn Dorsey, yeah, I would do it, but thats the only way. then I would expect a defensive change back to the 3-4, Mario & Amobi are both two gap tackles & with a stud NT like Dorsey would potentially be the best line in the NFL.

if the Texans where in position this upcoming to draft Glenn Dorsey, yeah, I would do it, but thats the only way. then I would expect a defensive change back to the 3-4, Mario & Amobi are both two gap tackles & with a stud NT like Dorsey would potentially be the best line in the NFL.
Dorsey isn't going to make it out of the top ten picks. He may be top 5

I could see Mario and Amobi both being really effective 3-4 ends, but do we have the linebacking depth outside Ryans to make the change back, it would appear we let all our 3-4 olb's walk away.

Back