Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-18-2007   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Jimmy Kimmel banned from ESPN/MNF

Quote:
What Kimmel did during his appearance this week on ESPN's Monday Night Football, according to the show's producer Jay Rothman, was "classless" and "disappointing." Appearing in the third quarter of a moribund game between the Falcons and Giants, Kimmel took multiple swipes at the not-so-smooth departure of Theismann from the broadcast ("I'd also like to welcome Joe Theismann, watching from his living room with steam coming from his ears") and zinged sacred cows Tom Brady ("What impressed me most is that he could impregnate two models"), Kelly Ripa ("Listen if we can have a Mormon President, I can marry Kelly") and sports betting ("Are you allowed to bet legally on this game?"). "It was cheap," Rothman told Richard Sandomir of The New York Times. "The more he went on, the worse he got."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../10/17/kimmel/
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #2
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jimmy Kimmel banned from ESPN/MNF

oh lets all cry about it... like anyone was offended on monday... well maybe joe thiesman... but who really cares.. lol
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #3
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

He was the best part. What do they expect bringing him on? They need to stop with the Jimmy Kimmel's and Charles Barkley's. Concentrate on the fricken game. They are turning into the NBA on ABC with the Pussycat dolls playing at every commercial break.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently one mans idea of what is "classless" and "disappointing" is another mans candid remarks ?
I'd seen or heard something about this "ban", but I thought it was a joke.
IMO probably another Kornheiser decision, the guy who single-handedly is in the process of wrecking MNF. What a jerk Kornheiser is !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 115170 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

To each his own, I like Tony. And honestly, who isn't impressed with women of Tom Brady's life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Kornheiser must've been mad Kimmel stole his thunder.

MNF has gone past downhill....
Old 10-18-2007   #7
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
To each his own, I like Tony. And honestly, who isn't impressed with women of Tom Brady's life?
MNF is supposed to stand for "Monday Night Football". Its not supposed to be
MNC for "Monday Night Comedy". All the crap that Kornheiser comes up with is just a distraction from the game at hand.
I think his schtick belongs elsewhere. Maybe he can spend next summer in the Catskills instead of screwing-up MNF ?
The guests they have on should talk about football. Find another TV format to promo other TV shows.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2007   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 115170 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
MNF is supposed to stand for "Monday Night Football". Its not supposed to be
MNC for "Monday Night Comedy". All the crap that Kornheiser comes up with is just a distraction from the game at hand.
I think his schtick belongs elsewhere. Maybe he can spend next summer in the Catskills instead of screwing-up MNF ?
The guests they have on should talk about football. Find another TV format to promo other TV shows.
Glad you feel so strongly about a TV show. Some people enjoy his comedy, some don't. I tuned out MNF when Dennis Miller was on.

It's not like the play by play or the color commentator are saying things that real football fans don't know. Them and their infamous double reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #9
real

Kornheiser doesn't distract me...

I think he's amusing...
Old 10-18-2007   #10
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I long for the days of Howard Cosell and Dandy Don.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84758 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
He was the best part. What do they expect bringing him on? They need to stop with the Jimmy Kimmel's and Charles Barkley's. Concentrate on the fricken game. They are turning into the NBA on ABC with the Pussycat dolls playing at every commercial break.
What are you talking about. Charles Barkley (even though he's a rocket hater) and Kenny Smith, make up the best analyst team in all of sports. Those guy's are hilarious and sometimes more entertaining then the game itself. MNF or ESPN could only dream to have analyst that have the chemistry and comedy that Chuck, Kenny, and Ernie have on TNT.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #12
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the problem with adding "entertainment" to a football broadcast. I don't know about you guys, but I've been grinding my teeth for years when Hank Jr. does the MNF intro. The NBC one is even worse...doesn't matter who does the singing. All that stuff is lame.

Jimmy Kimmel's a comedian. Comedians aren't a "one-size fits all" occupation. If they brought Rich Little out, then I would have changed the channel altogether. Kimmel was just saying what we've been saying for years. Theisman is a pompous douchebag. I can't say that I miss him.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #13
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I didn't watch MNF this last week because I figured it would be a boring game. Kimmel's remarks sound humurous but the subsequent ban doesn't surprise me.

NFL commentary is a sad state of affairs but I still much prefer Michaels/Madden to ESPN's MNF crew--though cliche at times they banter well together and use just enough "real" football talk.
Old 10-18-2007   #14
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
What are you talking about. Charles Barkley (even though he's a rocket hater) and Kenny Smith, make up the best analyst team in all of sports. Those guy's are hilarious and sometimes more entertaining then the game itself. MNF or ESPN could only dream to have analyst that have the chemistry and comedy that Chuck, Kenny, and Ernie have on TNT.
I actually agree. These guys are the best studio team in the business. They get sidetracked a little much sometimes but they generally know the game, the teams and the players and they work well together.
Old 10-18-2007   #15
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i liked kimmel, i was hoping he'd come back.
Old 10-18-2007   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
I didn't watch MNF this last week because I figured it would be a boring game. Kimmel's remarks sound humurous but the subsequent ban doesn't surprise me.

NFL commentary is a sad state of affairs but I still much prefer Michaels/Madden to ESPN's MNF crew--though cliche at times they banter well together and use just enough "real" football talk.
I agree. Even though Kimmel's remarks caught me off-guard when I first heard them, it was still funny.

Kornheiser is destroying MNF. I was never a fan of Theisman, but I would've gotten rid of Korny and have Jaws and Joe with the lead fellow.

I can handle Michaels and Madden.
Old 10-18-2007   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

they should ban ESPN from MNF.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #18
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Sir Charles is the best, most informed guy in the booth whenever he is there. He should be a regular, especially over Korny.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Apparently one mans idea of what is "classless" and "disappointing" is another mans candid remarks ?
I'd seen or heard something about this "ban", but I thought it was a joke.
IMO probably another Kornheiser decision, the guy who single-handedly is in the process of wrecking MNF. What a jerk Kornheiser is !
When did Kornheiser start producing MNF while also being one of the host. Yep every decision made on MNF has to go throughTony for approval, everything from lighting to camera placement to guest and all the jokes the guest use go through Tony before hand.
Old 10-18-2007   #20
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120414 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Jimmy Kimmel and found that amusing. ESPN needs to lighten up.
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read