Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-17-2007   #1
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ouch. That's gotta hurt!--Testaverde to Start

Go figure. A potential QB controversy between David Carr and Vinny Testaverde. Whatcha think Steve Smith is thinking about now?

"David Carr is not a lock to start at quarterback when the Carolina Panthers play host to the defending Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts following the bye week. Coach John Fox is contemplating sticking with 43-year-old Vinny Testaverde at quarterback after he led the Panthers to a 25-10 win over the Arizona Cardinals this past Sunday despite practicing with the team only three times last week. When asked on Tuesday whether a healthy Carr would start against the Colts, Fox replied: "I think right now we're going to evaluate it as we go. We have options. "We didn't have these same options a week ago or really the last couple of weeks. I'm not going to commit to it now. A lot of it is based on what we see in practice or whoever gives us the best chance to win." The Panthers paid Carr $3 million a season to be Jake Delhomme's backup and to have around in case things went wrong. That's why it's amazing to think Testaverde, a guy who wasn't even on a team up until last Wednesday, might be the quarterback to lead this team for the rest of the year. "

http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/...arterback.html
Old 10-17-2007   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ouch. That's gotta hurt!

Hulk must be beside himself!!
Old 10-17-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

wow...there's not much that can be said beyond....just....wow
Old 10-17-2007   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

So a old guy who was sitting on his couch last week munching on potato chips and eating a hoggie, without having any training camp, just walked back into the NFL and without anytime to learn the offense, or get on key with his receivers, just stole Davey's job.................just like that.

LMFAO!!!

That about says it all right there.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Hulk must be beside himself!!
As well as caddy.
Old 10-17-2007   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Over on Pantherfanz.com

Vinny or Carr (Poll)
Quote:
Vinny or Carr?

Vinny [ 23 ] [60.53%]
Carr [ 12 ] [31.58%]
Either One [ 3 ] [7.89%]
Almost 2 to 1 want 'old man river' to start
Old 10-17-2007   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow...just wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2007   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It won't matter who starts because the Colts are going to slap down the Panthers when they play.
Old 10-17-2007   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
"I probably could have gone out there and tried to play, but I'd have just hurt the team," Carr said. "I didn't come here to lose games. I came here to win and be a part of something special. I've got a feeling we can do something like that around here, so I don't want to hurt our chances."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Seriously, does anybody see anything wrong with this statement or is it just me?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Seriously, does anybody see anything wrong with this statement or is it just me?
I put it through the official sports cliche translator and all I got was "I suck so bad, I even see it".

I find it ironic that a guy named Vinny is keeping the Carr in his place.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #11
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"I probably could have gone out there and tried to play, but I'd have just hurt the team," Carr said. "I didn't come here to lose games. I came here to win and be a part of something special. I've got a feeling we can do something like that around here, so I don't want to hurt our chances."
Was this quote before he hurt his back or after?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr doesn't treat being a QB in the NFL like it is a serious buisness...he's still playing High School ball in his mind. How's this for a totally dumbass quote...

Quote:
Coach John Fox helped fuel the Testaverde talk this week when he refused to name Carr the starter if his sore back is recovered in time for the Oct. 28 game against Indianapolis.

Carr insisted that didn't bother him.

"Not at all. Now the Colts don't know. Let's play the game within the game, you know?" Carr said. "Who knows who's going to play? I don't even know if Steve (Smith) is going to play in the Indy game. He told me today he didn't know if he really wanted to play. We'll see what happens."

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #13
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

"I don't even know if Steve (Smith) is going to play in the Indy game. He told me today he didn't know if he really wanted to play. We'll see what happens."

Uh, do you think that Steve's desire to play could be directly related to who's under center?
Old 10-17-2007   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Carr doesn't treat being a QB in the NFL like it is a serious buisness...he's still playing High School ball in his mind. How's this for a totally dumbass quote...
Hey Vinny, remember you asked me to tell you when I came up with a new name?

Just add a "ed" on to the end of the one I have now........it fits, and it's been working over on the Jags board pretty well.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

that quote is actually from his first PC after the Texans signed him.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

You should all STOP laughing, and here's why:

What if, and this is a pretty big "if" but it's still a possibility, what if the Panthers keep winning with Vinny and they get to the Super Bowl and they win?

Who gets a Super Bowl ring on the Panthers who rode a gravy train the whole way there?

THAT would be the ultimate judgment against Houston pro football by the football gods.

I'm serious here. Stop yourself for a second and sober up a little.

Vinny winning is OK for now, but it needs to stop and we need David back in the saddle again to make sure that he doesn't have a chance to sport the bling in those male modeling photos he'll do.

Here's an even better one to ponder: Steve Tasker and David Carr calling Texans games on TV.

(sound of crickets chirping in the background)

Sorry to rain on your parade.
Old 10-18-2007   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Testeverde leading the Panthers to a Super Bowl is a possibility, in the same sense that Miami going to the Super Bowl with Cleo Lemon is a possibility.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #18
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You should all STOP laughing, and here's why:

What if, and this is a pretty big "if" but it's still a possibility, what if the Panthers keep winning with Vinny and they get to the Super Bowl and they win?

Who gets a Super Bowl ring on the Panthers who rode a gravy train the whole way there?

THAT would be the ultimate judgment against Houston pro football by the football gods.

I'm serious here. Stop yourself for a second and sober up a little.

Vinny winning is OK for now, but it needs to stop and we need David back in the saddle again to make sure that he doesn't have a chance to sport the bling in those male modeling photos he'll do.

Here's an even better one to ponder: Steve Tasker and David Carr calling Texans games on TV.

(sound of crickets chirping in the background)

Sorry to rain on your parade.
No rain here. The owner of the Cowboys Store franchise at Katy Mills wear a Cowboys Superbowl Ring. It comes with the territory if you are on the team or management. I see David sporting a Superbowl ring in the same manner.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Framed around his last self-sacking play where he was in a pocket so big you could have parked a semi-truck back there but instead he runs the wrong way and gets sacked...then the 3rd string QB steps in the very next play and throws a 40+ pass....only to be overshadowed by a gramps QB who was sitting on his couch watching football the week before....says all anyone needs to know about Carr the QB.

But he does have bangin' hair, especially if it's windy outside.
Old 10-20-2007   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

This just in: David Carr still sucking the life out of the NFL team he belongs to.

Boy oh boy, what a turn of events: Carr gets cut, Carr signs with Panthers, Delhomme gets hurt, Carr comes in and then gets hurt, Vinny gets signed and leads the Panthers to a convincing victory with about 3 practices under his belt.

Getting schooled by Vinny is...well, it's something else.

(Sigh)

This is not the script that David and his family were envisioning when they thought he was on to bigger and better things.

"I am enjoying my new team..."

"Football is fun again...."

"I wear white gloves and use hand sanitizer after each snap..."

"Is my hair OK? It's a little windy out here today...can we get one of those retractable roof things like I had in Houston? This wind is damaging my roots, it's just yanking it from my scalp. Rip, rip, rip...all game long..."

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read