Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2007   #21
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why some people don't like Kevin Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
i've seen it on more than one occassion schaub gets excited and throws a lob pass that makes you go...huh??!!

and then it lands like 10 ft in front of walter. i think for those instances schaub just needs to take a deep breath (figuratively) before he throws so he doesn't throw up anymore "giddyballs"...
QB's misfire. I saw the great Tom Brady make a couple of awful throws last week too...it happens. Right now nobody but Schaub is really producing...his mistakes are magnified since he has to carry the team. Schaub is throwing for nearly 70% and he misses a few tosses that were important...but looking at his body of work makes me think it is an aberration.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #22
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
QB's misfire. I saw the great Tom Brady make a couple of awful throws last week too...it happens. Right now nobody but Schaub is really producing...his mistakes are magnified since he has to carry the team. Schaub is throwing for nearly 70% and he misses a few tosses that were important...but looking at his body of work makes me think it is an aberration.
Exactly--this micro-examination of Schaub after each game is like a 180 degree reversal from past years. Now instead of expectations being too low they are ridiculously high with the QB expected to be darn near perfect. Manning, Brady and every other QB make poor throws and less than ideal placement throws every week.
Old 10-17-2007   #23
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I think why people complained about Walter in the past is because he hadn't shown anything. Before the season, Kubiak stated Walter was going in as our #2 WR when he had done nothing in previous years to show that he could handle the task. Obviously, things have changed now and I'm not sure of anyone who dislikes Walter right now.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #24
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

It shows that Kubiak really does know what he's doing. His mistake was not playing him earlier, like he admitted.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #25
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
its called an analogy...try one sometimes...they are tasty.

They taste of chicken!
Old 10-17-2007   #26
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I just wanted to congratulate everyone in the thread who correctly spelled "Walter" rather than "Walters". It is a TexansTalk record and you all should be proud.

"Everyone" liked Davis more than Walter because Andre had made some plays downfield in the Colts and Falcons games. Now, Davis fumbles out of the end zone, Walter has a breakout game, and "Everyone" like Walter more. After Jacoby takes a skinny post to the house against the Titans, "Everyone" will want Jones to become the #2 WR. "Everyone" is known for asking the question, "What have you done for me lately?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
They taste of chicken!
That you made me laugh at that is so wrong.
Old 10-17-2007   #27
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
its called an analogy...try one sometimes...they are tasty.

That's a repper if I have ever saw one.

I think 'ol KW has really stepped up to help out with AJ's absence.
But opinions are like a-holes...and mine has sat too long today already.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2007   #28
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, hes in the range of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, with AJ and JJ out and no running game. Hes carrying this team right now.
Old 10-17-2007   #29
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is undoubtedly carrying this team right now and if our defense was playing lights out like the jaguar's, the titan's, or the bucc's than we'd all forget about his misfires and be talking about how he's a natural born winner. My main problems with Schaub's game at this point is he seems to miss throws in the red zone, sometimes wide open (by NFL standards) receivers, and that although he obviously has a good amount of pocket presence he's putting too many balls on the ground. Getting caught from behind and fumbling can happen to the best QB's, but regardless, it's happening too much right now with him and he's got to get that fixed.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #30
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Schaub is undoubtedly carrying this team right now and if our defense was playing lights out like the jaguar's, the titan's, or the bucc's than we'd all forget about his misfires and be talking about how he's a natural born winner.
The defense didn't play that badly on Sunday for 3 quarters, except for the Jags busting a couple long running plays. They got a couple turnovers for the offense, but the O just couldn't convert for TDs. But I suppose they did let up eventually after watching the offense fall flat on its face so many times.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #31
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
The defense didn't play that badly on Sunday for 3 quarters, except for the Jags busting a couple long running plays. They got a couple turnovers for the offense, but the O just couldn't convert for TDs. But I suppose they did let up eventually after watching the offense fall flat on its face so many times.
They didn't play badly when Reggie Williams fumbled the ball. How many times did they force Jax to punt again? They didn't give up many home runs until the fourth, but they did give up 7-8 minute drives for TD's and most teams will take that any day..

To the poster about Schaub's fumbling issue, as I said above it happens to the best of them, but it's happening too often with Schaub right now. He's fumbled four times in the past three games, he needs to be more aware of where the rush is coming from and that he needs to get rid of the ball.
Old 10-17-2007   #32
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Apparently your analogy wasn't analgesic.
Although it was apoplectic.
Old 10-17-2007   #33
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
It shows that Kubiak really does know what he's doing.
At best 50/50 on number two receivers right now - Moulds/Walter.

50/50 - Bradford's nickname. 50/50 shot of catching a ball that hit him in the hands.........
Old 10-17-2007   #34
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

K Dub is a cool guy . I'm glad to see him succeed . Maybe he could turn out to be Largentish ...........

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #35
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I just wanted to congratulate everyone in the thread who correctly spelled "Walter" rather than "Walters". It is a TexansTalk record and you all should be proud.
It's been driving me crazy the extra "s". I've taken to calling him Kevins Walter.

p.s. I've coined a new nick name for mister Daniels as well....

"OPEN Daniels"
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #36
Fox
All Pro

Quote:
how can you ask him to do something that people can't do? people can't see behind them. that's physics. it's a weird coincidence that people keep hitting him as he pulls the ball up to throw, it sucks and i wish it would quit happening, but i don't think he could have much better pocket presence than he does right now...you're being pretty picky with your observations man...
He isn't always getting hit as he pulls up to throw, against Jax he was rolling out trying to make a play and Spicer ran him down before he'd even begun the throwing motion. I'd be pretty surprised if after 8 games as a starter Schaub couldn't make any improvements in his pocket presence, do you think he's already achieved his maximum potential?
Old 10-18-2007   #37
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

I like Walter i just cant get used to the Idea Of having a White wide Reciever well unless if it was Steve Largent or Eddie Mac
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #38
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd be pretty surprised if after 8 games as a starter Schaub couldn't make any improvements in his pocket presence, do you think he's already achieved his maximum potential?
We just went from one of the most awful QB's in the NFL with the least amount of pocket presence to a guy who is probably top 5 when it comes to getting that ball out of his hands...you guys really are nitpicking this way too much. Schaub really avoided several sacks Sunday and gets that ball out in a hurry...you just aren't going to be able to look good 100% of the time if your team can't run the ball. The Titans have nothing but praise for his pocket awareness.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #39
Fox
All Pro

Quote:
yea, i remember that. he was running away from spicer even though spicer was in an area that he couldn't see. pretty unreal how much pocket presence schaub has, and if this is the maximum i think we're all fine with it because it's some of the best in the league. spicer is just faster, what is he supposed to do? steriods? to run faster?!

NEXT
Ha, he's achieved his potential in 8 games, brilliant. You don't have to look at every defender to be aware of them. Four fumbles in three games is too many, plain and simple, if our protection is sub par Schaub needs to work on being more aware of the situation and balancing holding onto the ball, trying to make a play, and getting rid of it. I like how he stands in the pocket and calmly rolls out to let plays develop, but it's also allowing defenders to get in and knock the ball out. Schaub and Kubiak need to work on it, it's not that difficult of a concept, we shouldn't be fumbling the ball from our QB 1+ times a game regardless.

This has nothing to do with Carr. I don't evaluate what I see on the field with Schaub by comparing it to Carr, I evaluate Schaub by his play. He has things he can work on, I don't think it's too nit picky to say that any player has areas of his game he can work on. I agree with you that the run game definitely has alot to do with it, it's allowing teams to pin back their ears and come after Schaub every down. Hopefully when we get the run going, this problem will get better, but until then I don't think Kubiak is going to use that as any excuse to turn over the ball.

Last edited by Fox; 10-18-2007 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-18-2007   #40
real

Quote:
Ha, he's achieved his potential in 8 games, brilliant. You don't have to look at every defender to be aware of them. Four fumbles in three games is too many, plain and simple, if our protection is sub par Schaub needs to work on being more aware of the situation and balancing holding onto the ball, trying to make a play, and getting rid of it. I like how he stands in the pocket and calmly rolls out to let plays develop, but it's also allowing defenders to get in and knock the ball out. Schaub and Kubiak need to work on it, it's not that difficult of a concept, we shouldn't be fumbling the ball from our QB 1+ times a game regardless.

This has nothing to do with Carr. I don't evaluate what I see on the field with Schaub by comparing it to Carr, I evaluate Schaub by his play. He has things he can work on, I don't think it's too nit picky to say that any player has areas of his game he can work on. I agree with you that the run game definitely has alot to do with it, it's allowing teams to pin back their ears and come after Schaub every down. Hopefully when we get the run going, this problem will get better, but until then I don't think Kubiak is going to use that as any excuse to turn over the ball.
If your mother accidentally spills some juice on your rug are you going to fuss and complain, and ***** and moan ?

Sometimes it's good to appreciate the overall body of work and don't sweat the small stuff...

You're sweating the small stuff kido...relaxx.....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read