Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2007   #41
RamRod
Rookie

Default Re: Thought on the Boulware-Babin trade 6 weeks later?

half of nothing equals nothen...
RamRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #42
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by real View Post
Could care less about the stats...

Babin was our best pass rusher....
By how much?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #43
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Could care less about the stats...

Babin was our best pass rusher....
Really now? I wonder why the guy cant see the field in Seatlle then on a team that needed pass rushers.

This team seems to have progressed without Babin so I don't get the whole 'Best Pass Rusher'. Even when I saw him on the field I never thought that. Yeah he looked good in preseason games...preseason. Mario Williams is the better DE though.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #44
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
as long as we are saying 'per the numbers' then sure, babin was the 'best' pass rusher because he had 1/2 a sack more than williams. wink.

it's silly to watch people cling to numbers as is if that's all that mattered.

by no means do i believe anyone is so blind to see that mario williams is by far a more valuable player and a better pass rusher than jason babin.

my line of thought leads me to believe we did not give up our best pass rusher for michael boulware. opinion.
Maybe I should have been a little clearer and added this to end of my previous post:

Half a pile of manure smells just as bad as the whole pile.

*wink* 10-4 Good Buddy; Read you LAC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #45
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think in the Babin trade, we traded away our best pass rusher...

Doesn't mean it was a bad trade, but time will tell....
I think we should offer two firsts and get him back.
badboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #46
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think a big reason why people don't like Babin, even if they don't consciously realize it is the amount of picks we invested into him. Yes, we put too many picks into Babin, and no, he might not ever live up to the cost.

Personally, when the Texans made the Babin-Bouleware trade, I thought that it had the potential to be one of those big Texans history moments. Not in a good way. Like, "Remember back when the Texans traded for Buchanon?". And "Remember when the Texans got Tony Boselli?" and "Remember when we drafted David Carr with our number one pick and threw him to the wolves?"

That's the kind of thing that I was scared could happen. "Remember when we traded Babin away?" Babin showed flashes. Maybe not in his first three years, but the simple fact is that being and OLB in the 3-4 probably slowed his progress. In FIRST year back at his natural position and with LIMITED playing time, he recorded 5 sacks, a team high (which is kinda sad). Basically, I treated him as a rookie almost. He just got back to his natural position and we were already beginning to see upside in him.

Bouleware...we'll see what happens. I HOPE that this doesn't become one of those "Remember when..." moments in Houston Texans history...
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #47
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
I think a big reason why people don't like Babin, even if they don't consciously realize it is the amount of picks we invested into him. Yes, we put too many picks into Babin, and no, he might not ever live up to the cost.

Personally, when the Texans made the Babin-Bouleware trade, I thought that it had the potential to be one of those big Texans history moments. Not in a good way. Like, "Remember back when the Texans traded for Buchanon?". And "Remember when the Texans got Tony Boselli?" and "Remember when we drafted David Carr with our number one pick and threw him to the wolves?"

That's the kind of thing that I was scared could happen. "Remember when we traded Babin away?" Babin showed flashes. Maybe not in his first three years, but the simple fact is that being and OLB in the 3-4 probably slowed his progress. In FIRST year back at his natural position and with LIMITED playing time, he recorded 5 sacks, a team high (which is kinda sad). Basically, I treated him as a rookie almost. He just got back to his natural position and we were already beginning to see upside in him.

Bouleware...we'll see what happens. I HOPE that this doesn't become one of those "Remember when..." moments in Houston Texans history...
Speaking of Buchanon...dude is playing really well in Tampa...
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2007   #48
real

Buchanon's only problem is that he has no heart...

Other than that he's a good football player...
Old 10-18-2007   #49
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post

I hear what you're saying.

But this trade, I don't think will have much significance.
Babin is a good player, but most likely won't make the pro-bowl.
He's not playing right now anyway.

BTW, Buchanon is playing pretty decent for the Bucs.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #50
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

yep just found this thread. Boulware laid some wood on a play today , just sadly it was on ST and not at starting safety.I guess I had my hopes that he'd be somewhat of an upgrade with what we have, but ....like Vinny said .earlier what we have seen in coverage wasn't pretty.

Babin still hasn't done anything in seattle, I am not sure if he is playing but his stats are nothing

so this trade is pretty even so far
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #51
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Dude.

Whatever.

You're not talking about difference makers. Babin wouldn't have given us that much more than what Boulware has given us so far and Boulware still has the possibility of giving us more. We would have had to cut Cochran or Anderson (or both), both of which have been OK in spot duty, and we still would have had to find someone to play strong safety behind CC.

The Boulware trade was good.
We got more than a six pack and a ham sandwich out of the deal. We got to sniff someone who was high on our board at one time. There is no dening that he is a great athlete. Babins hit his peak. We don't run the 3-4. And he was a train wreck standing up at linebacker. The fact that the hawks let you have a peek at all at a prospect means we owe them. Not visa versa. It was a great trade.
Old 10-21-2007   #52
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

double post

Last edited by threetoedpete; 10-21-2007 at 11:11 PM. Reason: double post
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read