Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2007   #1
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anthony Weaver

I did a quick google search but came up empty handed; could someone post up Anthony Weaver's contract information? I am curious to see what he makes per year for the remainder of his contract and what it would cost to cut him after the season. I like Weaver and think he is good at RDE, but after signing Weaver drafting Mario was a bit redundant and if one has to go it is Weaver.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #2
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anthony Weaver

Try poking around over at HPF ... I know they do write-ups on cap stuff over there.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #3
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Contract Information for Anthony Weaver

3/11/2006: Signed a five-year, $26.5 million contract. The deal included a $12.5 million signing bonus. 2007: $2.5 million, 2008-2009: $3.5 million, 2010: $4 million, 2011: Free Agent
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #4
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK View Post

3/11/2006: Signed a five-year, $26.5 million contract. The deal included a $12.5 million signing bonus. 2007: $2.5 million, 2008-2009: $3.5 million, 2010: $4 million, 2011: Free Agent
I saw that but those numbers are a bit confusing. Are those figures his bonus spread out through his contract? If so, does "2008-2009: $3.5 million" mean he gets $3.5M in '08 and $3.5M in '09 or does it mean he gets $3.5M over both years? I'd assume it means the latter and that he got $2.5M of his bonus last season. And if this is true, does it mean that it would cost us $7.5M to cut him?
Old 10-16-2007   #5
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
why would we cut weaver?
Because we are paying him $26M to do the same thing that Mario does.
Old 10-16-2007   #6
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
i suppose we have the personnel to replace him too? who are we going to put in his place? i don't like his contract either, but he's better than the alternatives...
That'd obviously be addressed in the offseason but I'd be curious to see Orr lined up at LDE and Mario at RDE.
Old 10-16-2007   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Orr is too small to play full-time DE in the 4-3.
He's only brought in as an edge pass rusher mostly on passing downs.

The fact that he doesn't suit up for every game should tell us that much.

Kubiak likes Weaver in the last game.
I think he's solid with upside potential.
I don't know if he ever become a force.

But we have committed a lot of money in him.
I don't see him going anywhere, unless something drastic happens.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2007   #8
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK View Post

Holy @#$%.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read