Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2007   #41
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: Vince Limps, Mario Hurts More

Cant disagree with the article at all. i actually hope VY Sits ill take a win anyway i can get one. i dont want him schooling mario again.

Last edited by Napa Auto Parts; 10-17-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #42
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts View Post
Cant disagree with the article at all i acutally hope VY ill take a win anyway i can get one. i dont want thim schooling mario again.
VY didnt really school Mario last year. If I recall, Mario made a great play to get a sack on a screen. Vince schooled the D on a play where his lineman tackled peple who had a chance to make the play.
Old 10-17-2007   #43
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't Mario sack vy in Nashville last year?

I like his chances for more of same this Sunday.
Old 10-17-2007   #44
real

I don't disagree with the article as far as Mario's play is concerned, but I just think it's a little pre-mature...

It's almost as if he as seen the rest of Mario's seson in advance...
Old 10-17-2007   #45
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
VY didnt really school Mario last year. If I recall, Mario made a great play to get a sack on a screen. Vince schooled the D on a play where his lineman tackled peple who had a chance to make the play.
If only Richard Smith hadn't called a blitz on third and long!...
Old 10-17-2007   #46
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Didn't Mario sack vy in Nashville last year?

I like his chances for more of same this Sunday.
yep, and it's a good thing he didn't get any penetration or VY wouldn't have run into him as he was flushed out of the pocket trying to get away from someone who was creating pressure.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #47
real

lol
Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2007   #48
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
yep, and it's a good thing he didn't get any penetration or VY wouldn't have run into him as he was flushed out of the pocket trying to get away from someone who was creating pressure.

You cloaked your reply in too much b.s. Vinny.

Are you saying Mario didn't earn and deserve a sack?
Old 10-17-2007   #49
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81178 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Isn't that the sack for a half yard loss where Mario ankle tackled VY on the line of scrimage?
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #50
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Thats one thing about our homers they are Loyal even the most depressed mario homer we got would say Mario has done more in the NFL than VY. im a texan fan im just not Blind.
Old 10-18-2007   #51
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

I wonder if R.Smith would of been the GM of the texans with he's own Scouts. if he would of picked Mario Personally i think he would of traded Down but who knows sometime's i just feel Mario was the Last Stick it up your Arse Gift From Charlie Casserly.

We all knew he was getting fired he's house had been on the market for about 5 months prior to him leaving.
Old 10-18-2007   #52
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I didn't cloak it and it wasn't bs....look at the play. He deserved the sack, but it was only because VY was running from the pressure. Mario wasn't applying the pressure, he was at the line of scrimmage getting whipped by his man. Young was flushed to him and running with the ball by then...it was a sack only because it was a one yard loss. Whomever flushed VY to Mario deserves the bulk of the praise for that play.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #53
TexasOutlaw
TexasOutlaw

To think we could have had the leagues 26th rated passer. That 68.00 passer rating is the envy of the 34 QB rated below him. And that 140 yards per game has my head spinning.

I hope he starts we have a better chance with him in the game.
TexasOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #54
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts View Post
Thats one thing about our homers they are Loyal even the most depressed mario homer we got would say Mario has done more in the NFL than VY. im a texan fan im just not Blind.
You are also ignoring the people that blindly hate on Mario because he got in the way of us getting either Reggie Bush or VY. So to them Mario has to have 5 sacks a game to prove his worth, he can't make no mistakes, and he has to be the best DE in the NFL by year two. Yet they hop on Mario's inconsistencies and ignore Bush's or Young's and every other young player in the NFL.

I don't know about that whole Mario hasn't done more in the NFL than VY.
VY won ROY i'll give him that, but hasn't our defense as a whole IMPROVED with Mario? Isn't Mario one of the reasons our defense improved? I keep hearing from the media when they talk about our young and potentially good front seven I hear three names everytime. Amobi, Demeco, and Mario.

Its funny because at the start of the season people were all hyped about Mario, so he's had about 3 bad games and it almost feels like people are ready to put the bust label back on him and go back to comparing him to Bush and VY.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #55
brickman
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 brickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVP

Quote:
Julius Peppers just got his first sack of the season this past week, and yet it barely makes news.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, and in my eyes, what Mario is enduring with this b.s., is going to make him a hell of a tough player.

I agree! We've gota couple of young studs on the d-line that are going to grow into monsters. Give them time. We're just starting the climb up the ladder. Enjoy the flashes of brilliance the whole team gives us this year and get ready for steady improvement, year after year. Kubes and the boys are doing it the right way.... give them time.
brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #56
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Young scolded reporters for hyping a regular season game too much.

"That's in the past now. That game happened last year. That's what everybody wanted to see. There's a whole different team over there. ... It's not all about Vince Young going against the Texans. I'm just tired of hearing that right now," Young said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
Old 10-18-2007   #57
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Young scolded reporters for hyping a regular season game too much.

"That's in the past now. That game happened last year. That's what everybody wanted to see. There's a whole different team over there. ... It's not all about Vince Young going against the Texans. I'm just tired of hearing that right now," Young said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
Sorry to say Uncle Rico, the moment you ripped off your helmet and begin yelling that Reliant was your "house" at the top of your lungs...well, this game to me will never be just a regular season game.
Old 10-18-2007   #58
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

VY versus Mario discussions are lame. It's like comparing a goalies stats to a center's stats in hockey. It just doesn't fit. Very few D-lineman have come in and made 10+ sacks in their rookie year - which seems to be what Mario is judged upon. Newsflash: Reggie White and Julius Peppers are the exceptions, not the rules.

Peppers recorded 12 sacks his rookie year, but only recorded 35 tackles (28 solo). Mario recorded 47 tackles (35 solo).

Conversely, Bruce Smith only had 2 more sacks in his rookie year and about the same amount of tackles.

But the blinded VY homers will continue to cry over spilled milk. Some are so blinded that they refuse to beleive Rob Baronis and Pac-man Jones had a little say in some of those wins last year. VY's stats are mediocre at best.

Was their 8-8 better than our 6-10 last year - sure, but again that 8-8 included and inprobable 60 yard field goal and a couple of returns by jack-ass.

However, I would much rather entertain VY v. Mario discussions - than Bush v. Mario discussions. At the very least I will admit that VY is a threat.

Our Defense is young.
Dunta - 25
Demeco - 23
Mario - 22
Amobi - 20
Tell me there's no upside to that......
Old 10-18-2007   #59
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Isn't that the sack for a half yard loss where Mario ankle tackled VY on the line of scrimage?
No, its the one where Mario prevented the flare and still made the sack anyway. That was a pretty good play, if I remember correctly.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read