Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Who's the real 'once in a lifetime' running back?
Reggie Bush 2 4.44%
Adrian Peterson 39 86.67%
Darren McFadden 4 8.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2007   #1
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who's your 'once in a lifetime back'? Bush,Peterson,or McFadden

Well there sure was all this hype surrounding Reggie Bush and him being a once in decade/lifetime runningback. Then came, Adrian Peterson the very next year. He's even better and the real once in a decade RB. Now there's Darren McFadden- is he even better!?

This was posted on another site and the results of over 200 votes were very surprising to me. I fully expect this one to me much different but the basis remains the same. It seems every year there are the sexy guys that are going to be the best players in the world...etc. Lots of hype.

So who is the best running back?

Reggie Bush- 2006
Adrian Peterson-2007
Darren McFAdden-2008
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who's your 'once in a lifetime back'? Bush,Peterson,or McFadden

For me the answer to the question who is the once in 'my' lifetime will always be Barry Sanders.

Of the selection provided, AD has the best chance for greatness.
Old 10-16-2007   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

McFadden.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I've experienced my 'once in a lifetime back'... His name was Earl...
Old 10-16-2007   #5
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't vote in the poll, because there was not a "none of the above" choice. The press is idiotic for trying to label a player as a "once in a lifetime back' before they have played for 5++ years.
Old 10-16-2007   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

then just vote who you think will be the best of the 3. not that hard.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

For over two years I have said it was AP and not Bush. He is as good as the profile gets for a NFL Running Back. The question will be can he sustain his performance without injury.
Old 10-16-2007   #8
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I've experienced my 'once in a lifetime back'... His name was Earl...
I'm with ya.
Old 10-16-2007   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently people don't seem to understand the question. This is not a "who was the greatest running back ever" poll, it was a poll designed to have you guess who will be that "once in a lifetime back" coming out of college. Just like MW was labeled a "once in a lifetime" pass rusher when he came out

Its not hard people
Old 10-16-2007   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

PS: I think RB's + Peterson's injuries caused him to drop as far as he did. I think McFadden goes top 2
Old 10-16-2007   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Apparently people don't seem to understand the question. This is not a "who was the greatest running back ever" poll, it was a poll designed to have you guess who will be that "once in a lifetime back" coming out of college. Just like MW was labeled a "once in a lifetime" pass rusher when he came out

Its not hard people
I understood the question perfectly.... My ONCE (as in there is ONLY one) in a lifetime running back has already played and retired...
Old 10-16-2007   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Its not hard people
I thought he was labeled as the "perfectly made body with no motor and who took plays off and needed to be motivated." I never heard your explanation..oh well

I got ya...since we have no clue how McFadden will be used and you listed those 3, I'd got AP with no injuries.
Old 10-16-2007   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

How this question can even be posed after peterson's performance this past sunday is beyond me....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I find some of these responses really funny.

The whole point is that espn/media hypes up certain players so much as in Bush. We all heard the 'there's only one player like this that comes around every X# of years. Then the next year is Adrian Peterson who I, as well as many, think is head and shoulders above Bush. Then the next year comes Darren McFadden who is an incredible athlete/running back that COULD be better than Peterson!

And about Mario...I remember him being portrayed as a physical speciman, etc and being the best DE since Julius Peppers if not better. We as fans were told that he was coming to Houston for his Pass Rush to get to Peyton. He's a monster against the run but his pass rushing still needs work.

Maybe another debate shall be Mario Williams, Gaines Adams, or Calais Cambell!?
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #15
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Well there sure was all this hype surrounding Reggie Bush and him being a once in decade/lifetime runningback. Then came, Adrian Peterson the very next year. He's even better and the real once in a decade RB. Now there's Darren McFadden- is he even better!?

This was posted on another site and the results of over 200 votes were very surprising to me. I fully expect this one to me much different but the basis remains the same. It seems every year there are the sexy guys that are going to be the best players in the world...etc. Lots of hype.

So who is the best running back?

Reggie Bush- 2006
Adrian Peterson-2007
Darren McFAdden-2008
My once in decade is adrian Peterson, my once in a lifetime back is OJ Simpson, he is still my idol.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #16
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
My once in decade is adrian Peterson, my once in a lifetime back is OJ Simpson, he is still my idol.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #17
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98612 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush has the pure potential out of the 3 backs to put up the most total yards, while AD is the best pure runner. McFadden reminds me of MJD, a guy that can do the inside run almost as good as Peterson and the passing game almost as well as Bush.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

the tyler rose disapproves of this thread.
Old 10-16-2007   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
the tyler rose disapproves of this thread.
Add to that list with the Tyler Rose:
Powerfuldragon
Silver Oak
Hervoyel
Texan_Bill

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 10-16-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Add to that list with the Tyler Rose:
Powerfuldragon
Silver Oak
Hervoyel
Texan_Bill
Um..you can definetely add me to the list. No one will ever compare to the 36 inch thighed, "pinch between yer cheek and gum" Earl Christian Campbell.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read