Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Enough of this whiny Texan fan crap get ready for the Titans

spurstexanstros

Texans Rising
I am so sick and tired of having to apologize and make excuses for my team. I am so tired of you Texan fan feeling sorry for yourself and questioning your team. I'm sick of it. You guys are whining about how our running game isnt working. How Kubiak is making the right calls. Mario is a bust. Our offense sucks. Blah blah ... NOT THIS WEEK!

I do not know if you guys recall who is coming to town, can you tell me?
I can't really tell because all I see on this board is a bunch of whining people who are shattered because their team isnt rolling over the competition. Get over it . Get over your own opinions of what the Texans are doing wrong and what you think they can do better. SAVE IT FOR NEXT WEEK.

Who am I to tell you this?
Well, I will tell you. I am a former Oiler fan who remebers watching Oilers games with my father. The Oilers of my time were the greatest football players, to a then preteen kid . Oilers like...Warren Moon, Haywood Jefferies, Ernest Givens, Sean Jones, Bubba McDowell, and Bruce Matthews. I remeber the run and shoot and the theme song after every touchdown. I remeber every great win and every heartbreaking loss. I still hurt really bad when the Bills game is shown on ESPN classic. That loss was nothing compared to what I felt the day the Oilers left Houston. The city I never lived in gave up on a team that I cheered my heart for year in and year out. Choke after choke. I came back to them. I now understand it wasn't the team you gave up on it was the man that owned the team, Bud Adams.

Now that man who moved our team is coming back into your town like a victorious robber baron made wealthy by moochers. Moochers who embraced our rising team like they were theirs. Stole our tradition, our Hall of fame players and acted like they were the ones who shared in their greatest glories and hung in with them with their agonizing defeats. Earl Campbell is not their legend. Warren Moon did not play one down in the armpit of America, but yet he is in the Titan ring of Honor. That team is an abomination of our glorious Oilers. That team is coming to town and you want to whine and complain about the team you have now???????

NOT THIS WEEK!!!! NOT ON THIS BOARD OR THE OTHER. HELL NO!!!!! NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR OUR SUPPORT OF THIS TEAM TO WAIVER. NOW IS THE TIME FOR US TO RALLY TOGETHER AND BE DEFIANT AT RELIANT TO A MAN AND CITY AND STATE THAT HAVE STOLEN WHAT WAS OURS.

I plan to put aside my being a gracious host to those who come from the Titan board and try to rip my team. I will not be afraid to defend them from any who rip them, foreign or domestic. I swear to give those wearing VY jersies a hard time at any time I see them this week. I plan to rag on any Texan fans I see cheering for him.(I have a DVR and a pen). But most of all I plan on yelling and screaming... THIS IS RELIANT ... AND I AM A TEXAN.... BATTLE RED %$^&%$^&

(yes I posted this on both boards. yes its true on both sites.)

I am so sick and tired of having to apologize and make excuses for my team. I am so tired of you Texan fan feeling sorry for yourself and questioning your team. I'm sick of it. You guys are whining about how our running game isnt working. How Kubiak is making the right calls. Mario is a bust. Our offense sucks. Blah blah ... NOT THIS WEEK!

I can't really tell because all I see on this board is a bunch of whining people who are shattered because their team isnt rolling over the competition. Get over it . Get over your own opinions of what the Texans are doing wrong and what you think they can do better. SAVE IT FOR NEXT WEEK.

Well, I will tell you. I am a former Oiler fan who remebers watching Oilers games with my father. The Oilers of my time were the greatest football players, to a then preteen kid . Oilers like...Warren Moon, Haywood Jefferies, Ernest Givens, Sean Jones, Bubba McDowell, and Bruce Matthews. I remeber the run and shoot and the theme song after every touchdown. I remeber every great win and every heartbreaking loss. I still hurt really bad when the Bills game is shown on ESPN classic. That loss was nothing compared to what I felt the day the Oilers left Houston. The city I never lived in gave up on a team that I cheered my heart for year in and year out. Choke after choke. I came back to them. I now understand it wasn't the team you gave up on it was the man that owned the team, Bud Adams.

Now that man who moved our team is coming back into your town like a victorious robber baron made wealthy by moochers. Moochers who embraced our rising team like they were theirs. Stole our tradition, our Hall of fame players and acted like they were the ones who shared in their greatest glories and hung in with them with their agonizing defeats. Earl Campbell is not their legend. Warren Moon did not play one down in the armpit of America, but yet he is in the Titan ring of Honor. That team is an abomination of our glorious Oilers. That team is coming to town and you want to whine and complain about the team you have now???????

NOT THIS WEEK!!!! NOT ON THIS BOARD OR THE OTHER. HELL NO!!!!! NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR OUR SUPPORT OF THIS TEAM TO WAIVER. NOW IS THE TIME FOR US TO RALLY TOGETHER AND BE DEFIANT AT RELIANT TO A MAN AND CITY AND STATE THAT HAVE STOLEN WHAT WAS OURS.

I plan to put aside my being a gracious host to those who come from the Titan board and try to rip my team. I will not be afraid to defend them from any who rip them, foreign or domestic. I swear to give those wearing VY jersies a hard time at any time I see them this week. I plan to rag on any Texan fans I see cheering for him.(I have a DVR and a pen). But most of all I plan on yelling and screaming... THIS IS RELIANT ... AND I AM A TEXAN.... BATTLE RED %$^&%$^&

So tell me, what is wrong with analyzing what we see on the field?

Mike

So tell me, what is wrong with analyzing what we see on the field?

Mike

I don't think he meant analyzing, I think what he is seeing is DWELLING. Time to move forward theres alot of football left this season. Lets go win some more games and try to get a play off spot.

You said it best here man.

No forget beating the Titans by 3 points or 6, screw that. Just like how Jag fans felt like we've ripped their hearts out for too many seasons, they wanted a blowout for revenge...its that time we have the talent to blow these guys out and rip their hearts out about their season and I HOPE Vince Young is playing, I WISH he plays We have to rally around this game, this team has to respond after that embarrassing loss, and the Titans come at a perfect time...

I can't take it man, I can't take a loss to Tennesse at home again, especially with how we lost that last game...Our guys should be disgusted.

Forget the Jaguars, they are not our biggest rival, maybe we are to them, but our biggest rival is the Titans.

All the formalities of pre-game discussion should be thrown out the window. We shall sip the kool-aid all week long, I am going to blindly forget about talking smart football with those guys(as that doesn't work) and blindly predict a massive blowout. Screw what's realistic, we should blow these guys out just for being owned by Bud Adams.

:texflag:
Let's go right now!
Let's get it off now and let's go!

As Andrew6 just said, man there's a lot of football to be played. I see some people saying "7-9" Why should we settle for that right now...why? lets take this one game at a time, and if the Titans feel they can win 9 games this year I don't see why we can't. A lot of things can happen, just like how we were 2-0 Andre gets hurt and now we are 1-3...

Wow man. Rep for you from me. I'm with you on this. Reliant is Texan country and any VY supporters who don the Steel Blue jersey deserve to get some sort of crap. I'm sorry but he's no longer wearing burnt orange and as a Texas Ex, I won't bow down to him when he's wearing Bud's colors. I stopped cheering for him when he declared for the draft. End of story. I don't care how many Longhorns Bud wants to draft, he won't ever win me over. I'm a supporter of our team, reguardless. I'll smack someone in the face if they question my fanhood.

Come on boys, take down those tacs!

You said it best here man.

No forget beating the Titans by 3 points or 6, screw that. Just like how Jag fans felt like we've ripped their hearts out for too many seasons, they wanted a blowout for revenge...its that time we have the talent to blow these guys out and rip their hearts out about their season and I HOPE Vince Young is playing, I WISH he plays We have to rally around this game, this team has to respond after that embarrassing loss, and the Titans come at a perfect time...

I can't take it man, I can't take a loss to Tennesse at home again, especially with how we lost that last game...Our guys should be disgusted.

Forget the Jaguars, they are not our biggest rival, maybe we are to them, but our biggest rival is the Titans.

All the formalities of pre-game discussion should be thrown out the window. We shall sip the kool-aid all week long, I am going to blindly forget about talking smart football with those guys(as that doesn't work) and blindly predict a massive blowout. Screw what's realistic, we should blow these guys out just for being owned by Bud Adams.

Let's go right now!
Let's get it off now and let's go!

As Andrew6 just said, man there's a lot of football to be played. I see some people saying "7-9" Why should we settle for that right now...why? lets take this one game at a time, and if the Titans feel they can win 9 games this year I don't see why we can't. A lot of things can happen, just like how we were 2-0 Andre gets hurt and now we are 1-3...

Bring on the tacks baby, we're gonna be fired up! Time for a good ole butt whoopin'...
:bat:

*stands and applauds*

So we're not allowed to dwell on the past game, yet you dwell on the 80s Oilers?

This is a Texans message board, not a Oilers fan board. Expect people to talk about the Texans, and that includes the last game played.

I'll just kick you out again if you go off...probably not a good plan. No sense getting yourself kicked out over trolls.

Yes, sir no problem. Im gonna toe the line but defend it with vigor. I meant by my lack of hospitality would be I would offer no congrats or support for THAT organization. Like saying welcome and let them wack on our team with no response.

I would never directly insult Titan fan because I dont think they would understand. Im surprised they can use a computer. The baisc point of my post was yeah dont dwell upon the loss and rag on our team or each other but to unite against Titan fan and bud Adams.

So we're not allowed to dwell on the past game, yet you dwell on the 80s Oilers?

This is a Texans message board, not a Oilers fan board. Expect people to talk about the Texans, and that includes the last game played.

Ususally i would agree with you its ok to be pissed off that the Texans lost but, not to the extent it has been going on round here and there. I may usually post there but I read here alot. I like it here becuase it is usually hidden from outside influences.

Dwell on the oilers of the 80s and 90's?? what fan here doesnt still get pissed about the Bills game. And that they lost the team. I have even seen people hope the organization gets relocated. I do not want to see that happen. too much negativity by Texans fans recently. I just got tired of reading that crap.. so I came up with some crap of my own.

Im just curious what you expect to see on a message board about the Texans?

After we get SMOKED by a division rival in embarassing fashion, you don't think its appropriate to analyze and complain about how horrible the team looked?

Would you rather see this?
Topic #1 - Texans running game will be back!
Topic #2 - Texans defense is great!
Topic #3 - Titans will get beat!
etc?

reality check:

we have lost to the jags and colts, two of the top 10 teams in the league based on current records. with our injuries and overall youth, thats nothing to be down about at all.

Im just curious what you expect to see on a message board about the Texans?

After we get SMOKED by a division rival in embarassing fashion, you don't think its appropriate to analyze and complain about how horrible the team looked?

Would you rather see this?
Topic #1 - Texans running game will be back!
Topic #2 - Texans defense is great!
Topic #3 - Titans will get beat!
etc?

That is fine and great but, the wholesale jumping of ship world ending talk. Im sure you have seen it. The start sage threads, the Kubiak is leaving threads, stuff like that was what pissed me off.

Ironically, that game is being retelevised tonight.

8:00, ESPN2. NFL's Greatest Games. 1992: The Comeback - Oilers @ Bills.

I agree with the sentiment behind the original post :fans:

In Genesis Chapter 1 the skies rolled back, the wind picked up, and then a bright light shined down on earth and God said........................................

LET THERE BE VINCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vince_young1024x768.jpg

And after God let down his mighty wrath all the other inferior species ran for shelter.........

Williams,Mario.jpg

Why???.....................Why You Ask????............................

Because God sent him down to punish all those who doubted him.

Houston-Texans--C10141375.jpeg

Repent now or you shall forever dwell in damnation!!!!

Amen sir...

reality check:

we have lost to the jags and colts, two of the top 10 teams in the league based on current records. with our injuries and overall youth, thats nothing to be down about at all.

We also lost to a winless ATL and barely squeaked out a victory against a winless MIA.

It's not losing, per say, but how they are losing. They got owned by the Jaguars, and at no point in the game did we see our team impose their will on the opponent. No matter how you slice and dice it, we look like we are regressing after the first three games.

Obviously the Titans game is huge. The difference between 4-3 and 3-4, the idea that Vince Young left Reliant saying it was his house, the feeling that the Titans just wanted to win more than we did that day. Will our team dig deep and find the will and the heart to stand up and punch back? Will we see a team that demands that "we must protect this house"? That remains to be seen, and to be honest, I cannot say with 100% conviction that they will be that team next Sunday. The best I can do is hope for it.

If you look at the Titans logo, the "T" looks like a thumbtack. Hence the "tacs" or "flaming thumbtacks."

Now does someone want to point out what a "Titan" is according to Greek mythology.

I am still proud of that thread. That nickname got me a 20% warning increase at GoTitans.

:fans:

I don't think he meant analyzing, I think what he is seeing is DWELLING. Time to move forward theres alot of football left this season. Lets go win some more games and try to get a play off spot.

WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED VINCE YOUNG!

:stirpot

You don't get it, do you? The only reason he brought up the Oilers was because they are this week's opponent and he was trying to explain his distaste for what bud did and why he thought we should be focusing on this week, not last week or what's happened in past weeks.

Back