Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2007   #101
amazingandre
All Pro

Default Re: It's the RUNNING BACK, STUPID.

i think we need a running back bad but we should get one through the draft in the 1st round IMO.....get a guy who has loads of talent and is very quick and strong.....not a big slow back...a one cut go and he hits the hole real fast....with all the talent at the rb position we should be able to get great talent in the middle of round one
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #102
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
i think we need a running back bad but we should get one through the draft in the 1st round IMO.....get a guy who has loads of talent and is very quick and strong.....not a big slow back...a one cut go and he hits the hole real fast....with all the talent at the rb position we should be able to get great talent in the middle of round one
Not gonna happen with Kubiak, we won't draft a RB in the first round. With Kubiak and Rick Smith's luck and finding talent in later rounds I dang sure don't want to trade away those picks period, especially for a below average RB back at best. We are already in a hole by not having a second round pick this year, we don't need to lose anymore. I felt like an eternity in the draft between our 1st two picks - it sucked. What's the old saying - don't mortgage the future for the present. I am just glad we didn't give up any picks for Boulware.
Old 10-20-2007   #103
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieb View Post
Not gonna happen with Kubiak, we won't draft a RB in the first round. With Kubiak and Rick Smith's luck and finding talent in later rounds I dang sure don't want to trade away those picks period, especially for a below average RB back at best. We are already in a hole by not having a second round pick this year, we don't need to lose anymore. I felt like an eternity in the draft between our 1st two picks - it sucked. What's the old saying - don't mortgage the future for the present. I am just glad we didn't give up any picks for Boulware.
Kubiak tried to trade up in the first round for DeAngelo Williams so I don't think that argument holds water.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read