Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2007   #41
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubes to coach A&M next year?

Kubiak is the only Aggie I like.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #42
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts View Post
He Can leave along with sherman and lets bring on Mike Martz
Martz was an awful head coach. Totally not what ewe want here. Though, he does hate the running game, so maybe we wont run so much. But then you build for ANOTHER different offense and set us back 2 more years. Not worth it.
Old 10-15-2007   #43
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

The next head coach at Texas A&M will be one of these guys:
Bo Pelini
Major Applewhite
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #44
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Martz was an awful head coach. Totally not what ewe want here.
Martz took the Rams to the Super Bowl and the playoffs five times in 7 years....that would be awful.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #45
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Kubiak is NOT going to leave his dream job to go back to college. He's been an NFL coach forever. This isn't like a long-time college coach (i.e. Spurrier, Saban) trying out an NFL head-coaching career only to find out that coaching in the NFL is 1) a ridiculous time commitment that keeps you off the golf course, 2) joyless and thankless, and 3) replaces bright-eyed, adoring kids with grown men with their own opinions and agendas.

I would buy the Sherman theory except that I think Sherman is going to get another shot at being an NFL coach this year. He was thisclose last year.

Greg Davis? That's just hilarious for so many reasons.
Old 10-15-2007   #46
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
The radio guys love to talk about this too. It's not going to happen - yet. When he's done with the Texans, he'll go there if the timing is right (which it will be because the Aggies will always suck).
Dang, Chris. So it's like that?

Rickyb
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 1990

PS: The Ags will probably continue to fight the headwinds of being flanked by Texas, LSU, and Oklahoma. I cannot really point to the day that A&M lost its stranglehold on Houston recruiting, but I know that in order for A&M to get their house in order, Houston is the key.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #47
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it'll happen, BUT if it does happen can we get the Chin? (Bill Cowher)
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2007   #48
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

If it did happen i wonder what it would take to get Dom Capers Back.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #49
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If it did happen i wonder what it would take to get Dom Capers Back.

Hmm probably a complete loss of season ticket holders, fans, etc. . .
Old 10-15-2007   #50
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

We all deserve second chance. i miss seing he's idiotic look when we were getting owned.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #51
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
We all deserve second chance. i miss seing he's idiotic look when we were getting owned.
well hell lets bring back charly casserly then too. Might as well bring back david carr
Everyone deserves a second chance right?
Old 10-16-2007   #52
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
Dang, Chris. So it's like that?

Rickyb
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 1990

PS: The Ags will probably continue to fight the headwinds of being flanked by Texas, LSU, and Oklahoma. I cannot really point to the day that A&M lost its stranglehold on Houston recruiting, but I know that in order for A&M to get their house in order, Houston is the key.

Hahaha - I say it with love, as a Longhorn fan. While I hate OU, I can never bring myself to 'hate' the Aggies.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #53
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1965 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not going to read all of the post so I am sorry if this has been said earlier. Kubiak left A&M for a pro job because he did not like to recruit. The college game is all about the recruiting, and Kubiak does not like the stuff that goes along with that.

In the pro game it is more about coaching the system, and developing stars. I for one would be very shocked if Kubiak left the NFL to go back to coaching at a college, any college.

My understanding of Kubiaks interest in the TAMU job a few years ago was to get him the HC experience he lacked on any level so he could get a HC job in the NFL in the future. Kubiak dream job is in the NFL, Houston, I would bet his 2nd choice is Denver, and or SF.

Sherman has a better chance of being the HC at A&M. I would like to see them go after an offensive minded coach, like Chris Petersen Boise State. Or a person with Texas connections like Todd Graham Tulsa (former Rice HC), but that might create the same problem they had in recruiting under Coach Fran (when a coach is always auditioning for the next higher job, he is easy to recruit against).

I would not be opposed to them hiring a longhorn, Applewhite, or maybe a current coach of theirs like Greg Davis or Duane Akina. If you take a Texas coach you hurt UT in many ways.

There are many options out there, and I see the Aggie's not going after Kubiak, or at least him not listening for long.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #54
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Kubiak is the only Aggie I like.
I'm deeply hurt.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #55
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kubes leaves(which I highly doubt), I say we go after Marty Schottenheimer.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read