Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2007   #21
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubes to coach A&M next year?

I would say Sherman would go way before Kubiak even considers.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #22
amazingandre
All Pro

if it happens promote kyle shanahan!!!!
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #23
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I could see Sherman leaving the Texans to take the A&M job, and I wouldn't mind that at all. That would put the play calling in Kubiaks hands for sure.
Old 10-15-2007   #24
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
I don't think we should be unhappy with Kubes yet. I mean...he is the reason we CARED about yesterdays loss as much as we did.

Remember a time where by this point we were 2-4 or 1-5 and you know another loss really didn't matter to you. You just went on with your day. For how many of you did you find that after yesterdays loss lingering?...it just lingered on for the day. It didn't screw up my day...it was just always in the back of my mind that we lost a game we should have won and everytime I saw a highlight or heard about the sports news...sure enough I thought about the Texans getting blown out...it just hurt more I am usually used to losing by now and giving up on the season by now.

I am completely over it now, but I couldn't even enjoy the games after yesterday because of that loss. When we didn't have Kubes a loss was just another loss. The only thing we hoped for was to show something in the loss. Now we are thinking about winning and caring more about the games.

leah does have a great point there. the losses do hurt now. not as much as good ole Oilers' days but they hurt unlike in the past when they were expected.

my point is that if Kubes is going to leave, he should leave this year and not later.
Old 10-15-2007   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 221176 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
I don't think we should be unhappy with Kubes yet. I mean...he is the reason we CARED about yesterdays loss as much as we did.

Yep, I agree. Even with the horrid time management and bad red zone play calling, I'm still all for giving Kubes a chance. Besides, another regime change? Then we're looking at someone else to come in rebuild the team the way they want it while all the players get used to constant change and losing.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans View Post
I could see Sherman leaving the Texans to take the A&M job, and I wouldn't mind that at all. That would put the play calling in Kubiaks hands for sure.
Sherman was an assistant coach at A&M.....
Old 10-15-2007   #27
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

This would be the absolute worst thing that could happen to this team, let's hope it is not even close to being a real possibility! Kubiak is the man as far as I'm concerned. I think his playcalling is a little suspect, but I'm willing to believe that it will get better (he is still not that experienced as a head coach yet). As far as clock management - I blame that mostly on a rookie QB, he is the leader on the field that's his territory and responsibility.
Old 10-15-2007   #28
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak would probably be public enemey #1 if he left. I'd have total disrespect for the man if he left a pro team on the rise to go to a college team on the fall.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #29
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me.

A lot of it probably depends on his contract. If the Aggies can talk to him about the position, and he listens, there will probably be a lot of money involved.

The pro and college game are so different though.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #30
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I seriously doubt that will happen . He has a dream job now , why would he leave ? As long as he stays away from Andy and Roger we'll be fine .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #31
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Sherman was an assistant coach at A&M.....
Yep, that's where he and Kubiak first met. Kubiak coached RB's one year under Slocum after he retired from Denver, and I believe Sherman was the OL coach at the time.
Old 10-15-2007   #32
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

He has waited forever to be a NFL head coach, he's not going to leave after 2 years.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #33
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Kubiak would probably be public enemey #1 if he left. I'd have total disrespect for the man if he left a pro team on the rise to go to a college team on the fall.

I think that would probably be an issue because Kubiak would (in theory, again let me stress that I don't believe this will happen) be coaching in the exact same part of the country where the pro team he just left is located. A&M would in effect be ticking off football fans in their own back yard. Imagine if Saban had dumped the Dolphins to become the coach of the Hurricanes for a moment. He would be asking the same group of fans that he just screwed to fork over money for tickets and come see his college team.

I doubt the powers that be at A&M or Gary Kubiak are stupid enough to do something like that, particularly when you consider the ramifications this would have on recruiting in SE Texas.
Old 10-15-2007   #34
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

He Can leave along with sherman and lets bring on Mike Martz
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #35
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

If we go 7-9 or better this year and in 2008 can correct the LT, RB, CB, Center and FS issues, we could have a very solid season in 08. Kubes would be a hero. I think our scoring avg is up this season and scoring plus wins creates mucho excitement. I can't see him leaving unless the bottom falls out this year.

Repeat this mantra

Bennett to start in 08. $30 million shopping $ for FA. 1st, 3rd and 4th rounds should bring starters (LT, RB and center). 5th and 6th quality back ups.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #36
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

1000% F-A-L-S-E. This thread should be locked up and tucked away forever.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #37
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
You are correct sir.

My brother goes to A&M and just since the disaster against Tech he has heard different rumors that these guys are definite locks to be the coach next year:

Gary Kubiak
Mike Sherman
Greg Davis (Texas off. coordinator & QB coach)
Tommy Tuberville (Auburn head coach)
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #38
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
I like the word asinine, myself. Kubiak is staying put, he can get the A&M job anytime he wants.
Old 10-15-2007   #39
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh boy; if he left for A&M I would......keep watching the Texans.

After the Dom era, it could only get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #40
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 221176 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Oh boy; if he left for A&M I would......keep watching the Texans.
Exactly. My mood might switch from hopeful to depression, but I would keep watching.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read