Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2007   #1
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81206 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubes to coach A&M next year?

Got no link, but my cousin is highly connected into the A&M alumni and higher ups, and the big rumor floating around is that they plan on throwing a ton of money at Kubes next season. It wouldn't be the first time a Pro Coach left to coach at his old school, and Kubiak was very interested in going there before he got the Houston job.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I think its a long shot myself, but who knows.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #2
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Kubes to coach A&M next year?

He better not pull a Saban on us.

I think he is a really good coach, besides how he manages the clock in close games, he has turned this team around.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #3
real

I heard about it on the radio a while back...

I don't think Kubiak would leave, but I wouldn't put anything past anyone...
Old 10-15-2007   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

If it happens (and I don't think it will) we transition to Mike Sherman in an instant. I don't think that's necessarily a good thing but I bet that's how it (hypothetically) goes down.
Old 10-15-2007   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

The radio guys love to talk about this too. It's not going to happen - yet. When he's done with the Texans, he'll go there if the timing is right (which it will be because the Aggies will always suck).

I'm pretty sure McNair will just give him more money to keep him here.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Apple's buddy was the same guy that called 610 last week... J/K!!

It's not gonna happen. PERIOD.

Kubiak hasn't coached at the college level in 20 years. Why would he want to be the next Charlie Weis??
Old 10-15-2007   #7
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
If it happens (and I don't think it will) we transition to Mike Sherman in an instant. I don't think that's necessarily a good thing but I bet that's how it (hypothetically) goes down.
I have heard that Sherman is at the top of the list for the Aggie job.

Fire Fran
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2007   #8
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I think Apple's buddy was the same guy that called 610 last week... J/K!!

It's not gonna happen. PERIOD.

Kubiak hasn't coached at the college level in 20 years. Why would he want to be the next Charlie Weis??
I am confident it isn't going to happen because he seems dedicated to this team.

But man a coaching change can set us back if it were to happen.
Old 10-15-2007   #9
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81206 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I would like to see us get away from the Packers/Broncos crap if Kubes leaves.

Al Saunders would be nice. Hell, he probably would have been the HC in 2006 if he wasn't a Carr hater.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

He's already an NFL head coach, in his own home town.

Why would he move away to take a demotion?

STOOPID!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think that he'd take a job coaching college. At least not at this point.

Coaching college requires a different skill set that I don't really think that he has...and I don't think that's a bad thing. He seems to be more of an introvert that is good at cracking defenses, but not good at going into a stranger's living room and selling him and his family on why he should go to University of X instead of University of Y or Z. He just doesn't strike me as much of a people person. If you listen to his show on 610, then you know what I'm talking about.

I think the Aggies should pay top dollar to try and get Greg Davis off of Mack Brown's staff. That's just the kind of coach the Aggies need.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #12
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

If Kubiak leaves, he needs to leave this year. There are some decent alternatives at this point in time namely Cowher, Carroll, and maybe even Jimmah. I haven't been unhappy with Kubiak but I would rather lose Kubiak and keep Rick Smith.
Old 10-15-2007   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be surprised if Kubiak leaves after this season. I just don't see it happening, but I suppose anything is possible.
Old 10-15-2007   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Paul "Bear" Bryant or Jackie Sherrill have a better chance of coaching at A&M next year than Kubiak does.
Old 10-15-2007   #15
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like a good idea to me. Let us get someone who knows how to game plan, and has some BALLS!! My grandson corrected me yesterday when I was screaming at my TV for Kubes to have some BALLS, that they are called "cookies" or "bells!" LOL Out of the mouth of an 8 y/o! Never heard um called that!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #16
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

If, and that is a big if, it does happen nobody from the current staff deserves a promotion.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #17
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i doubt it'll happen
Old 10-15-2007   #18
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

That's all over Texags.com to. A lot of Aggie fans want Kubes, but they didn't call him to get his interest in the job before they hired Fran, and I don't think Kubes called them either. I don't see Kubiak being interested in coaching college right now. If college coaching was where he wanted to be then he would have left Denver a long time ago.
Old 10-15-2007   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sherman does have a better chance of taking that job than Kubiak. And quite frankly I wouldn't be that upset if Sherman left. I think he's been good to have at the start but feel that he and Kubiak both managing the offense can be confusing at times.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #20
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

I don't think we should be unhappy with Kubes yet. I mean...he is the reason we CARED about yesterdays loss as much as we did.

Remember a time where by this point we were 2-4 or 1-5 and you know another loss really didn't matter to you. You just went on with your day. For how many of you did you find that after yesterdays loss lingering?...it just lingered on for the day. It didn't screw up my day...it was just always in the back of my mind that we lost a game we should have won and everytime I saw a highlight or heard about the sports news...sure enough I thought about the Texans getting blown out...it just hurt more I am usually used to losing by now and giving up on the season by now.

I am completely over it now, but I couldn't even enjoy the games after yesterday because of that loss. When we didn't have Kubes a loss was just another loss. The only thing we hoped for was to show something in the loss. Now we are thinking about winning and caring more about the games.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read