Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2007   #1
jaxfan21
Rookie

Default DC was the Jag Killer

Looks like DC was the Jag Killer!!! I guess with all the great news of getting rid of DC and getting Schuab you lost your only leverage against the Jags. I guess this might be answered when Carolina plays the Jaguars later this year. Oh and for all the fans making excuses it was the refs fault that Schuab is not a Jags killer. I guess someone in the Texans front office forgot to tell Schuab he needed to take over that roll.
jaxfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DC was the Jag Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfan21 View Post
Looks like DC was the Jag Killer!!! I guess with all the great news of getting rid of DC and getting Schuab you lost your only leverage against the Jags. I guess this might be answered when Carolina plays the Jaguars later this year. Oh and for all the fans making excuses it was the refs fault that Schuab is not a Jags killer. I guess someone in the Texans front office forgot to tell Schuab he needed to take over that roll.

blah blah blah...
Old 10-15-2007   #3
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Testaverde (the amazing 92 year old QB) will be playing, not Carr, when the Panthers play the Jags
Old 10-15-2007   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe the Jags finally played with some cojones....

PS. I never use injuries or refs as an excuse, but honestly, the officials must have gotten their rides to the stadium on the short bus...
Old 10-15-2007   #5
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe Buyone Leftnut was the Jag Killer...
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Poor Leftnut:

He leaves and the Jag-offs actually win a game....
Old 10-15-2007   #7
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Our QB was inconsequential in this game. The loss falls squarely on the shoulders of the defense. Had they been able to force a punt and get off the field the results would have been different.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2007   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

There was and is no "Jags Killer", at least not in the form of one particular player. Yesterdays game was completely in keeping with the way the series has gone.

Lost in all the talk about how the Texans always seem to play the Jaguars tough is the fact that sprinkled throughout the series are games where one team positively kills the other.

The first three games these teams played were decided by 2, 3, and 4 points respectively. There's your "play them close" games.

Then the Jaguars blanked us and won 27-0

The next season the Texans beat them twice by scores of 20-6 and 21-0.

In 2005 they returned the favor of the sweep by beating us 21-14 and 38-20.

In 2006 we swept them (back and forth we seem to go) 27-7 and 13-10.

Now we lose to them in the first game of the series in 2007. If the pattern of the past 3 years holds they'll beat us again in Houston later this year.
Old 10-15-2007   #9
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather lose to you guys twice a year then.
Old 10-15-2007   #10
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

*Role

You forgot to mention how wonderful Davey has looked as the starting Panthers QB...oh wait...nevermind.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Looks like DC was the Jag Killer!!! I guess with all the great news of getting rid of DC and getting Schuab you lost your only leverage against the Jags.
yeah, yesterday's win had nothing to do with your team getting better. It's all about our former QB.

Way to not give yourself props!
Old 10-15-2007   #12
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 60 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

Have fun with the Panthers.
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #13
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get the whole "the Jags are our b*tches" thing. The David Carr era Texans were 6-4 against the Jags. How is that domination? How does that make them our b*tches? It's one loss away from being .500. 8-2, 9-1, 10-0 - THAT would be domination.

Anyway.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read