Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2007   #61
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY Status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
God I love the way you think. Reps Reps

Didn't I tell U and Texans chick to mind your own business once already concerning other peoples tickets?
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #62
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Vince plays because I go to the games to see the best play the best. I wish we would have the Patriots, Colts twice, and all of the toughest teams in the NFL I wish the NFL would load us up with killer teams every year.
Old 10-16-2007   #63
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
I hope Vince plays because I go to the games to see the best play the best. I wish we would have the Patriots, Colts twice, and all of the toughest teams in the NFL I wish the NFL would load us up with killer teams every year.

so you can make more money off the team ??
Old 10-16-2007   #64
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
so you can make more money off the team ??
If I had to scalp Texans tickets for a living I would be broke. I don't know why its so hard for u to understand that when people do that, its none of your business. I just like good compitition so yes I want the tough teams coming to town. Thats how you become the best...by beating the best.
Old 10-16-2007   #65
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If I had to scalp Texans tickets for a living I would be broke. I don't know why its so hard for u to understand that when people do that, its none of your business. I just like good compitition so yes I want the tough teams coming to town. Thats how you become the best...by beating the best.
or the fact that most folks are going to pay more to see the best play anyone?
Old 10-16-2007   #66
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
or the fact that most folks are going to pay more to see the best play anyone?
Andrew don't you have seasons tickets? I think you do so, just don't worry about what others are doing with their tickets. I am a football fan first and would rather see Tom Brady, Manning, VY, rather than Boller, Griese and the lower rung. When you see Ubeool on Ebay scalping tickets..get back with me.
Old 10-16-2007   #67
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
so did the loss. The Titans had a 5 game road winning streak end yesterday.
beat me to it.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2007   #68
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
blame him all you want...I didn't say Collins lost the game...he sure didn't win it with a key play in a critical situation....not saying that he is a Vince Young or anything like that.
The titans scored the tying TD when Collins was in. What more could he have done? He had all of 5 seconds left after the Bucs got the go-ahead FG.

I was so sure VY was going to will his team to victory from the sidelines.
Old 10-16-2007   #69
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Didn't I tell U and Texans chick to mind your own business once already concerning other peoples tickets?
Sorry pal but you can't tell me to do jack sh*t. I will do and say what ever I want and yes I do not want VY playing in this game just for that reason and that reason alone. I think it would be the funniest thing in the freakin world.
Old 10-16-2007   #70
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
The titans scored the tying TD when Collins was in. What more could he have done? He had all of 5 seconds left after the Bucs got the go-ahead FG.

I was so sure VY was going to will his team to victory from the sidelines
If Collins was better for the Titans than Vince then you wouldn't have posters around here hoping that Collins plays.....you people just to give the guy his props and it makes you seem like the biggest cry babies who don't know the "basics" of football...................the Titans were HORRIBLE last year when Collins started, but when VY came in it turned their entire season around and they almost made the playoffs.....it's as simple as that....if you can't respect that then your whole perspective is wack.
Old 10-16-2007   #71
real

What if he doesn't play and they win anyways ?

That wouldn't be too funny...
Old 10-16-2007   #72
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That wouldn't be too funny...
Texans wouldn't be a .500 team if they let that happen.
Old 10-16-2007   #73
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

VY update story that confirms the medical stuff I linked to earlier:

Quote:
Dr. Mike Pagnini, orthopedic consultant to the Miami Dolphins and formerly head physician for the Nashville Predators, is not familiar with the specifics of Young's injury but saw the play on which he was hurt.

His advice to Young and the Titans: Be careful.

"Any time you have a muscle strain anywhere in the body, the sooner you rush back the greater the risk you could re-injure it or pull it worse, just like with a hamstring,'' said Pagnini, who also has served as team physician for the Pittsburgh Pirates and Chicago White Sox. "The longer you wait, the greater the likelihood that you won't re-injure it or pull it again.''

Pagnini said that as long as Young's injury doesn't involve the tendon Fisher said it doesn't it's not inconceivable that Young could come back as soon as Sunday.

"It can nag you. It can get better and then you pull it again and it can slow you down,'' Pagnini said. "It can be a cycle where you start to get better and you irritate it, and an injury like that can nag you for several weeks or the season.''
Old 10-16-2007   #74
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't sound too good for Vince, and a concern I had pre-draft with a player who makes plays on his feet.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #75
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigpaki View Post
Can anyone Say Madden Curse. Ha finally got him! When he was told by a reporter about the madden curse he said "I am not scared. Bring it on". Here you go vince!
Its only going to get worse I tells ya.

They are going to rush him back, then he's going to tear it and be out of for the season.

We have to make sure our guys stay off the cover of that game if we start winning.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #76
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

More medical info from a sports injury perspective:

Quote:
Injury mechanisms
The rectus femoris is mostly commonly injured in the acceleration phase of sprinting, explosive jumping (eg, long jump), kicking (especially long kicking), or when contracting and meeting a resistance (such as two players kicking a ball at the same time). Unlike other muscle pathologies such as the hamstrings, it is possible for an athlete to 'mask' a rectus femoris injury. Minor grade tears/strains tend only to become functionally limiting when at close to top-end speed sprinting (implications of this will be highlighted in rehabilitation) and when attempting to kick on the run or to kick for distance. Any activity below this, and athletes may be able to continue to compete.

Rehabilitation running
In previous articles in this series, I highlighted the aggressive accelerated rehabilitation of hamstring injuries through use of 'rehab running'. Rehab running for rectus injuries differs from hamstrings in a number of key areas. These are outlined as follows:

1.Don't start too soon. Rectus [femoris] injuries tend to do poorly if running is started too early. Delay running until quads stretch and contraction (both knee extension and hip flexion) is normal. This differs from hamstrings, whereby running is encouraged early in the rehabilitation process to accelerate the recovery process.

The most important element of this running is to educate the athlete to run BELOW the point of pain and/or restriction. As long as the quadriceps feel good, the speed can be increased. The key difference with rehab running the quads as opposed to the hamstrings is the danger of re-injury at close to top-end speed. Athletes generally have a better appreciation of small percentage increases in speed with hamstrings. This awareness is not so acute with quads. That is, the athlete's perception of the difference between 90% speed versus 95% may be way off. This has important clinical implications when the athlete tells you he/she can run 100% speed pain-free.
Old 10-16-2007   #77
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

TC that injury doesn't sound too good for VY playing this week.

Sounds like if they try to rush him back they risk re-injury, and if he does play he won't run much and we know he is very limited if he is forced to pass. Sounds like he will either be forced to pass more than they/he would like to, or that he won't be able to play.

I want him to play though, he has a beating due
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #78
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
TC that injury doesn't sound too good for VY playing this week.

Sounds like if they try to rush him back they risk re-injury, and if he does play he won't run much and we know he is very limited if he is forced to pass. Sounds like he will either be forced to pass more than they/he would like to, or that he won't be able to play.

I want him to play though, he has a beating due
Steve McNair playing for Fischer played through a lot of things he probably shouldn't have.

I think it will be interesting if he practices much this week.
Old 10-17-2007   #79
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Anyone think they'll announce his status in the days before the game? I think its a gametime decision myself.
Old 10-17-2007   #80
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Anyone think they'll announce his status in the days before the game? I think its a gametime decision myself.
If you follow Fisher's history with McNair....no way he discloses it since he will want the Texans to have to practice defending two styles of QB....effectively cutting down the reps to in practice for either QB.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read