Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2007   #21
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Schaub/Roseflels

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Game was over. No point in getting your #1 hurt. That's why Sage was in there. Probably get him some game time as well.
Period, end of story. No more Sage threads.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #22
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub/Roseflels

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Oh, man, I don't know.

All I know is that Schaub can't throw a ball 40 yards. And Rosenfels can.
While Schaub may not have the strongest arm around it is strong enough to get the ball downfield for big plays.

In the first 6 games of this year, we've had more long pass plays than in the last couple of years of the strong armed Mr Carr.
Old 10-14-2007   #23
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
While Schaub may not have the strongest arm around it is strong enough to get the ball downfield for big plays.

In the first 6 games of this year, we've had more long pass plays than in the last couple of years of the strong armed Mr Carr.
Yup. A lot more goes into big plays than just arm strength.
RTP2110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #24
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

This is is just ridiculous.. Shaub played OK.. Not great but OK.. he would have had a TD if not for the boneheaded play by Davis.. Anyway, This is on the Defense, the defense stunk it up.. 3rd and 17 and the pussycats get a first, inexcusable.. The D has been letting us down not the O.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #25
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
well thats kind of what got me why not atleast let Schaub pad his stats.
Pad his stats??

I think they should have a new rule on football message boards, to where members must say whether or not they play fantasy football, and if they do, put an asterisk by their login name.

That way, I can just put all the asterisks on ignore.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #26
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
This is is just ridiculous.. Shaub played OK.. Not great but OK.. he would have had a TD if not for the boneheaded play by Davis..
After 6 games the Texans have a mode of one offensive touchdown per game. That is a simple formula for repeated losses. I wouldn't grade a QB "OK" just because he should have led his team to one TD except for a dropped ball.

There are plenty of reasons and a great number of excuses for that pathetic stat, but the blame falls on everyone. Only a truly outstanding performance (such as Kevin Walter's or Kris Brown's career days) should raise anyone to an "OK until that stat is fixed.
Old 10-14-2007   #27
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
After 6 games the Texans have a mode of one offensive touchdown per game. That is a simple formula for repeated losses. I wouldn't grade a QB "OK" just because he should have led his team to one TD except for a dropped ball.

There are plenty of reasons and a great number of excuses for that pathetic stat, but the blame falls on everyone. Only a truly outstanding performance (such as Kevin Walter's or Kris Brown's career days) should raise anyone to an "OK until that stat is fixed.
They have one of the best Recievers in the league hurt and "probably" their number two reciever hurt also. I am not saying that Shaub has been great, but he really hasn't hurt this team, this team just doesn't really have an offensive punch right now.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2007   #28
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is a good QB you can tell. I have faith in him, but he does seem to be good for almost a turnover a game. I do think though that he's one that learns from his mistakes. He threw those two bad interceptions in the red zone the first two games and hasn't since. He's had a couple of fumbles, but I think he'll figure something out to protect the ball better. When they showed him on the sideline with his hand over his face, I actually liked that. He has been pretty stoic in the games and it was good to see some emotion from him.

In the past we all hated when Carr was smiling on the sidelines while the Texans were getting killed. Schaub seems to take the game seriously. We have to remember he's essentially a rookie. This is his first year as a starter. There will be growing pains. He's already shown a lot of good things that Carr never did.

OK I'm starting to ramble a little bit, but you get the picture. I'm going to finish this 1554 and hit the sack. Hopefully I'll wake up to news that the Texans signed Michael Turner and André Johnson's twin brother. (wait I must have fallen asleep and started dreaming)
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #29
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
Schaub is a good QB you can tell. I have faith in him, but he does seem to be good for almost a turnover a game. I do think though that he's one that learns from his mistakes. He threw those two bad interceptions in the red zone the first two games and hasn't since. He's had a couple of fumbles, but I think he'll figure something out to protect the ball better. When they showed him on the sideline with his hand over his face, I actually liked that. He has been pretty stoic in the games and it was good to see some emotion from him.

In the past we all hated when Carr was smiling on the sidelines while the Texans were getting killed. Schaub seems to take the game seriously. We have to remember he's essentially a rookie. This is his first year as a starter. There will be growing pains. He's already shown a lot of good things that Carr never did.

OK I'm starting to ramble a little bit, but you get the picture. I'm going to finish this 1554 and hit the sack. Hopefully I'll wake up to news that the Texans signed Michael Turner and André Johnson's twin brother. (wait I must have fallen asleep and started dreaming)

Good point.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #30
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub played fine. There were a couple of throws I would have preferred he not over/under throw but you can say that of almost any QB. I really didn't like that intentional grounding and I didn't like the fumble. But he's playing well.

We need better play-calling in the red zone.

But... even though we only put up 60 yards rushing on the Jags D, we were moving the ball pretty easily on one of the best defenses in the league. We just need to get it into the endzone. That fumble by Andre really, really hurt.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #31
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
Not to say anything about the water works from his eyes.
I want a QB that cares about the game.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #32
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I want a QB that cares about the game.
Well, caddy wants a QB with bangin' hair and nancy-boy gloves!
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #33
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

my thought is, if we had not gotten so screwed at the begining and got forced into throwing so much we could have settled down more and ran the ball. A team that has to fight from behind will have to throw more making them more suceptible to interceptions. Schaub did the best he could do. We do need to work more on the play calling in the red zone and in the draft next year pick up a RB that will be here for a while. I beleive our secondary is really starting to look alot better. There aren't alot of teams breaking 70 yard pass plays on us. Generally Houstons been great at stopping a teams run. I think the reason MJD had such a good day is the defense was just completely wore down. They never had to punt the ball. I think alot of that had to do on piss poor calls by the officals. JMHO
Old 10-15-2007   #34
jaxfan21
Rookie

Actually if you get any inside info you will know that Schuab was pulled due to him being "dinged" as a Houston coach quoted after the game. You will hear more about this after his test results come back probably on Tuesday.
jaxfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #35
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Another post, by you...not about football...
Hey caddy, just how do you expect people to react to your agenda driven posts? You bang on the Carr critics, while at the same time, you had nothing good to say about Schaub???

You made your bed. Sleep in it.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #36
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Gee, could it have been carrying the ball like a loaf of bread and getting his 6th. fumble returend, for a touchdown and got benched. Not to say anything about the water works from his eyes.

Isn't there a "davidcarrtalk.com" message board somewhere wondering where you are right now?

Just curious.
Old 10-15-2007   #37
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Period, end of story. No more Sage threads.
BS... I'm starting a 'Start Sage' thread right now... Afterall, he was responsible for our only TD yesterday......

Old 10-15-2007   #38
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I'm curious too, about getting our butts hand to us and you want to bring David Carr in to this.... Weak, but go ahead and put your head in the sand.
We got our butts handed to us and niether Matt Schaub nor David Carr could have prevented that from happening. You can dance around the guys name all you want (leaving it to someone else to mention "David Carr" first) but there's not a single poster on this board who doesn't understand that your agenda is as much about knocking his replacement (and defending ol' DC after the fact) as it ever is about the Texans and the win/loss column.

There are a handful of posters still here who have been waiting for a truly bad Schaub game.The "Fresno Mafia" has moved on for the most part but there are still people who want to see the next guy fail because in their minds it makes the first guy look better.

You're one of them. It's hard to miss really.
Old 10-15-2007   #39
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
There are a handful of posters still here who have been waiting for a truly bad Schaub game.The "Fresno Mafia" has moved on for the most part but there are still people who want to see the next guy fail because in their minds it makes the first guy look better.

You're one of them. It's hard to miss really.
Schaub's worse game so far has still looked better than Carr's best in my opinion.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #40
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, yeah, another great post. Same thing as the rest of your stuff. BOO-Hoo it's all David's fault. Grow-up, he's gone.
Please take your own advice as well.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read