Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2007   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool My Anger

Officiating - WTF?
-two times we went OOB's and they failed to stop the clock
-the "turnover by #11"
-the non-call on the delay of game against Jax
-other bad/missed calls

Schaub's inability to throw a TD pass

Us letting MJD make us his ******

Sigh.

/rant
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #2
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Anger

When will Kubes make the call to throw the ball in the redzone? This is the most perplexing thing to me. We can't run the ball worth a crap in short yardage situations. I don't want a QB draw, let's THROW THE BALL to OD!!!!
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
When will Kubes make the call to throw the ball in the redzone? This is the most perplexing thing to me. We can't run the ball worth a crap in short yardage situations. I don't want a QB draw, let's THROW THE BALL to OD!!!!
Hmmm, that throw to Davis that was called a TD, but reversed, was not a throw in the red zone??

You need to go rewatch the tape.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Hmmm, that throw to Davis that was called a TD, but reversed, was not a throw in the red zone??

OMFG! One RZ throw!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #5
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Officiating - WTF?
-two times we went OOB's and they failed to stop the clock
-the "turnover by #11"
-the non-call on the delay of game against Jax
-other bad/missed calls

Schaub's inability to throw a TD pass

Us letting MJD make us his ******

Sigh.

/rant
Yep, we left a fresh pattie in the Litterbox today.
The Refs sucked as bad as the announcers....but we lost this one our own badselves.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #6
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah, we threw one time in the RZ and it would've been successful if not for a terrible decision by Davis. I guess we should just hammer RD into the mouth of the DL and get a TD from here on out?

Do you agree with the offensive playcalling in the RZ?
Old 10-14-2007   #7
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

What happened to Owen Daniels in the RZ? Seems like he would be an ideal option when we get down there...
Old 10-14-2007   #8
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
What happened to Owen Daniels in the RZ? Seems like he would be an ideal option when we get down there...
I agree but apparently that is not an option. We have to grind it out with 1/2-1 yard carries in the RZ. I guess the opponent will be expecting us to throw the ball in RZ situations since we do it 1/18 times.
Old 10-14-2007   #9
RamRod
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
I agree but apparently that is not an option. We have to grind it out with 1/2-1 yard carries in the RZ. I guess the opponent will be expecting us to throw the ball in RZ situations since we do it 1/18 times.
what happened to our misdirection plays?naked bootleg?...etc.
RamRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #10
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Kubiak wants the Texans to build the reputation as a power running team, but they just don't have the right guys up front to be a power running team. He wants them to be able to pound the ball on short yardage situations, but with the guys the Texans have up front, it's not going to happen, especially when the other team knows that you are going to try and force it up the middle. Someone needs to slap Kubiak up side the head to knock some sense into him.
Old 10-14-2007   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: My Anger

Someone give me a stat - Schaub's redzone pass attempts v. other plays and red zone completions/interceptions.

Seems like every time he tossed it INTO THE ENDZONE there's reason to cringe.

What's the stat? When Schaub is playing Kris has 40 some of or last 36ish points?
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-14-2007   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I said it all last week, and I will say it again:

"We look great between the 20s, and then the playcalling gets goofy near the goal line."

Salaam usually does something foolish to drop us out of range of a TD or first down, and if THAT doesn't happen...we call a draw or a jump ball to the back of the end zone that goes nowhere.

We need to use some quick slants with Davis/Daniels/Anderson/Walter.

Those guys are very good when they get the ball in their hands, but Kubiak makes sure Schaub takes a 45-foot drop-step in the red zone, the D rushes and gets past Salaam or bulldozes Flanagan, and they are at Schaub's grill before the play develops. Result: Sack or a hurry that causes an incomplete.

And out trots Kris Brown...again.
Old 10-14-2007   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Cool Re: My Anger

Oh -TOTAL kudos for Del Rio calling the onside kick. we looked as surpirsed as a teen necking with his girl on the roadside in the country and her dad knocks on the window.

Kick in the groin when a KICKER recovers an onside.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-14-2007   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
Playcalling has been good.
Quote:

"We look great between the 20s, and then the playcalling gets goofy near the goal line."
Well, you're consistant, I'll give ya that much.
Old 10-14-2007   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, you're consistant, I'll give ya that much.
Prove me wrong.

We move the ball between the 20s, and then it looks like Congress is in session when we get in the RZ: A lot of commotion and hustling, and very little actual "good" getting accomplished.

I know they say "The field gets smaller in the RZ, making it easier on the D.." but give me a break! We look night-and-day between the 20s and in the RZ.

That's not some fluke or anything, it's just what's going on with the team.

If I see one of our WRs or TEs catch a pass and then get tackled at the friggin' 2 yard line again...I just sit back and giggle at how our playcallers(Kubiak and Sherman) figure out FOUR consecutive ways to screw up the entire drive.

"Let's see here...we could do the HB dive where the defense wraps up our running back's legs at the line of scrimmage. Or, here's a good one we could use: empty backfield! They'll never blitz and get Matt on that one. (Sigh) OK, OK...I think I found a winner here. Let's do a naked bootleg. Wait. We do that one a lot. Hmmmmm....What? Mike...are you serious? You think we should do the Green Bay fake pitch to the right with a little flippy thing to the left? Well, the defense just might have forgotten about THAT. Geez! Why is this so easy when we're not trying to score points?"

Well, Gary...it might just be that teams are letting you get to the 2-yard line on purpose. That would be MY strategy. Get you to the 2 as quickly as possible so we can let you screw it up somehow.
Old 10-14-2007   #16
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:

Salaam usually does something foolish to drop us out of range of a TD or first down, and if THAT doesn't happen...we call a draw or a jump ball to the back of the end zone that goes nowhere.

We need to use some quick slants with Davis/Daniels/Anderson/Walter.

Those guys are very good when they get the ball in their hands, but Kubiak makes sure Schaub takes a 45-foot drop-step in the red zone, the D rushes and gets past Salaam or bulldozes Flanagan, and they are at Schaub's grill before the play develops. Result: Sack or a hurry that causes an incomplete.

And out trots Kris Brown...again.
Kris is the only player I like on the Texans today.
Old 10-14-2007   #17
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Prove me wrong.

We move the ball between the 20s, and then it looks like Congress is in session when we get in the RZ: A lot of commotion and hustling, and very little actual "good" getting accomplished.

I know they say "The field gets smaller in the RZ, making it easier on the D.." but give me a break! We look night-and-day between the 20s and in the RZ.

That's not some fluke or anything, it's just what's going on with the team.

If I see one of our WRs or TEs catch a pass and then get tackled at the friggin' 2 yard line again...I just sit back and giggle at how our playcallers(Kubiak and Sherman) figure out FOUR consecutive ways to screw up the entire drive.

"Let's see here...we could do the HB dive where the defense wraps up our running back's legs at the line of scrimmage. Or, here's a good one we could use: empty backfield! They'll never blitz and get Matt on that one. (Sigh) OK, OK...I think I found a winner here. Let's do a naked bootleg. Wait. We do that one a lot. Hmmmmm....What? Mike...are you serious? You think we should do the Green Bay fake pitch to the right with a little flippy thing to the left? Well, the defense just might have forgotten about THAT. Geez! Why is this so easy when we're not trying to score points?"

Well, Gary...it might just be that teams are letting you get to the 2-yard line on purpose. That would be MY strategy. Get you to the 2 as quickly as possible so we can let you screw it up somehow.
What exactly is that you want me to prove, GP?

Do you want me to prove that I think you're blaming the inabilty to score when close to the goal line, totally on Sherman and Kubiak shoulders, as if they don't know anything at all about the game of football? Do you want me to prove that you're putting none, and I mean NONE of the responsibilty to score on the players at all, as if they're not even required to try to execute the play that's being sent in, even if it's only two yards. I mean TWO yards. You don't halfway expect the players to be able move the ball TWO YARDS, NO MATTER WHAT play is called?

I don't have to prove that. All I have to do is reasonably conclude, from reading your posts, that you're totally unfair in your criticism of the coaching, and that you have no desire to be objective, due to whatever agenda that you have.

And I guess the obvous sarcasm in my previous post flew right over your head. I'm not surprised.
Old 10-14-2007   #18
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank GOD my kids had a birthday party to go to and I missed the last hour of the game. I was softened watching the TiVo when I got home.

In addition to the crap Ryan pointed out already, wtf was with that "interception"? They REVIEWED the damn play and STILL got it wrong. How does that happen? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a "dual possession" always go to the receiver as opposed to the defensive back? Kind of like a "tie goes to the runner" in baseball? That was horrendous. They got the Davis fumble right; but I still think that's a horrible rule in football. Of course, had the roles been reversed, we would have all been applauding it.

I thought the worst calls of the day were the "interception" and the pick that got thrown on Danny Clark. What a horrible reversal of the call. If it wasn't a pick, it was a hold. How the f can a block run 10 yards back and move sideways with the defender?

My last gripe is with Richard Smith. Why the crap are there no blitz packages? EVER? Somebody told me in an interview with Kubiak, he said they ran 26 blitzes against the Falcons. WHAT? Apparently Kubes' definition of a blitz is a WHOLE lot different than mine. BRING THE HEAT. We desperately need the 46 defense here. We have the personnel for it; let's get the coaching. There's gotta be some Fisher protege out there ready to move into a defensive coordinator's role.

Four first-rounders on the defensive line, and practically NO pressure on any quarterbacks in the last 5 weeks. Pathetic.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #19
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, and the one GOOD thing about today? The cowboys got SPANKED!!!!
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #20
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
My last gripe is with Richard Smith. Why the crap are there no blitz packages? EVER? Somebody told me in an interview with Kubiak, he said they ran 26 blitzes against the Falcons. WHAT? Apparently Kubes' definition of a blitz is a WHOLE lot different than mine. BRING THE HEAT. We desperately need the 46 defense here. We have the personnel for it; let's get the coaching. There's gotta be some Fisher protege out there ready to move into a defensive coordinator's role.

Four first-rounders on the defensive line, and practically NO pressure on any quarterbacks in the last 5 weeks. Pathetic.
At the beginning of the game we showed a new look. We had five on the line. I believe the fifth was Clark. It got good results if I remember correctly and then it was gone. Back to 4 guys sort of kinda getting some semi pressure.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read