Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2007   #21
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Maurice Jones-Drew and the Jags beat us

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Yea, without the help of the ref. It was a fair game, unlike today's. You jags fans really are idiots if you think this game wasn't rigged. It was good for the first 12 minutes before the ref got scared of us sticking it to you guys.
Come on, you make us look like fools when you use terms such as "rigged." It is one thing to say the officiating stunk - quite another to say/think that the game was fixed. We got rolled - let's get over it and hope for a better game against the Titans.
Old 10-14-2007   #22
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I notice that it's hard to find a "What are we going to name our defense?" thread on the front page these days. Wonder why that is?
Well, I know one thing you can't call it, the "no name" defense.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #23
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Yea, without the help of the ref. It was a fair game, unlike today's. You jags fans really are idiots if you think this game wasn't rigged. It was good for the first 12 minutes before the ref got scared of us sticking it to you guys.
Rigged??

Oh yeah, another conspiracy theory. They got the refs from the grassy knoll.

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #24
Bungster
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Rigged??

Oh yeah, another conspiracy theory. They got the refs from the grassy knoll.
LMAO, good one!!!
Bungster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #25
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I notice that it's hard to find a "What are we going to name our defense?" thread on the front page these days. Wonder why that is?
I forgot we had a defense
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #26
Evilzorac
Rookie

To those of you who accept you were beaten by the better team today I salute and respect you. To those of you whining about the refs you are weak and an embarrsement to your team. When I first read your post I thought I was reading a Colts board. Go find your nuts, quit whinning and go back and get ready for next week. Here is to both teams putting the f-ing colts out of the playoffs.
Evilzorac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #27
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilzorac View Post
To those of you who accept you were beaten by the better team today I salute and respect you. To those of you whining about the refs you are weak and an embarrsement to your team. When I first read your post I thought I was reading a Colts board. Go find your nuts, quit whinning and go back and get ready for next week. Here is to both teams putting the f-ing colts out of the playoffs.
The jags kicked our azz.

The refs were atrocious.

These two statements are not mutually exclusive.
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2007   #28
Evilzorac
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSon View Post
The jags kicked our azz.

The refs were atrocious.

These two statements are not mutually exclusive.
But make your fans look like twink fans. When you start complaining about refs in a game where you were beat by 20 points it just makes them look like complete wusses. Believe me the tin horns aren't the only ones with this problem. I will smack Jag fans for the same thing. It just bothers me because for the most part tinhorns are classy fans who know what time it is. So please nut up and walk away from twinkopolis.
Old 10-14-2007   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Maurice Jones-Drew and the Jags beat us

Quote:
You're kidding, right?

Go home and fix dinner for your wife, the one who was reffing the game today and gave you the game.

That was an awful game. This wasn't about plays or turnovers. This was about TWO of your TDs coming as a result of two bad ref no-calls: The no-call against Reggie Williams who was blatantly separating from our player, and the blatant no-call when the play clock ran out...whicvh would have pushed you back 5 yards and possibly altered the next play.

Our guys on defense just got tired of getting mugged and hijacked all game long. At some point, you just end up giving up. I would. You would, too.

It was absolutely futile to try and even compete today due to the embarassing ref job. It was awful.

I don't complain about ref jobs...it usually is 50-50 throughout a game...but this was flat out wrong, IMO.

For you to sit there and act like your team really won the game, it's equally as foolish as the job done by the refs today.

All I have to say is that our guys will be so mad during our home game vs. Jags...there'll be a reckoning for this garabage that happened today. Our guys will take it out on them next time. Well, unless we take it out on the Titans first--Which can happen, I can see us taking out our frustrations on the Titans and spending all this emotional capital on the Titans first and foremost.

What a sham of a game.

Please stop acting as if you accomplished something today. You had the gift of all gifts today.
Old 10-14-2007   #30
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
But make your fans look like twink fans. When you start complaining about refs in a game where you were beat by 20 points it just makes them look like complete wusses. Believe me the tin horns aren't the only ones with this problem. I will smack Jag fans for the same thing. It just bothers me because for the most part tinhorns are classy fans who know what time it is. So please nut up and walk away from twinkopolis.
Posting like that you are not going to find much sympathy especially with 5 posts it kinda looks like you are here to stir trouble...

A lot of those calls were inexcusable, no matter how you cut it. Texanmike wrote a good review on it that I finished reading, he mentioned how much those calls hurt.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #31
Evilzorac
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
You're kidding, right?

Go home and fix dinner for your wife, the one who was reffing the game today and gave you the game.

That was an awful game. This wasn't about plays or turnovers. This was about TWO of your TDs coming as a result of two bad ref no-calls: The no-call against Reggie Williams who was blatantly separating from our player, and the blatant no-call when the play clock ran out...whicvh would have pushed you back 5 yards and possibly altered the next play.

Our guys on defense just got tired of getting mugged and hijacked all game long. At some point, you just end up giving up. I would. You would, too.

It was absolutely futile to try and even compete today due to the embarassing ref job. It was awful.

I don't complain about ref jobs...it usually is 50-50 throughout a game...but this was flat out wrong, IMO.

For you to sit there and act like your team really won the game, it's equally as foolish as the job done by the refs today.

All I have to say is that our guys will be so mad during our home game vs. Jags...there'll be a reckoning for this garabage that happened today. Our guys will take it out on them next time. Well, unless we take it out on the Titans first--Which can happen, I can see us taking out our frustrations on the Titans and spending all this emotional capital on the Titans first and foremost.

What a sham of a game.

Please stop acting as if you accomplished something today. You had the gift of all gifts today.
Thanks for making my point twink wannabe. As to a wife I am sure if you keep wearing this skirt someone will make you a honest receptacle soon. But please keep crying I am sure if you keep it up the twinks will recruit you soon.

As to the game in Houston can't wait to hear your girly squeak come up with a new excuse.
Old 10-14-2007   #32
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 52 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

The only call that really made me mad was the ridiculous upholding of the interception. What's the point of having replay? Other than that, our lousy red zone play and inability to get the ball back on 3rd down are the same problems we have week after week.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #33
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for making my point twink wannabe. As to a wife I am sure if you keep wearing this skirt someone will make you a honest receptacle soon. But please keep crying I am sure if you keep it up the twinks will recruit you soon.

As to the game in Houston can't wait to hear your girly squeak come up with a new excuse.
What you have to say is inconsequential...fact is this: You got two scores the cheap way.

Blown calls by the refs do not matter when it does not affect the game in major ways. But you guys were STOPPED on 3rd down until the ref said our guy held, when it was the other way around. Without that call, you punt and have one less TD. AND...we possibly score, which closes the gap even more.

And then the mega-obvious playclock no-call...you have to be KIDDING me. How is it that a ref misses it by 3 seconds? I can see a bang-bang situation, but 3 seconds? Even Houston Hater, Steve Tasker, was forced to admit that it was a severely blown call.

You go ahead and gloat. Go ahead and act as if we're crying.

We're not crying, but we're not going to let you stroll through here and act as if you truly 100% dominated us today. Without the bad calls, this game goes down to the end with anybody being able to win it.

No such luck, though, as we saw the refs make two very important no-calls when anybody with two working eyes could see Williams pushing off and could see the play clock dead for 3 seconds.

Had those plays come in moments where Jacksonville eventually punts or kicks a field goal, then I could see where you would say we "cry," but it was deflating to our defense to sit there and watch you guys get handed everything on a silver platter all game long.

LOL. Now we're at the point of this dialogue where you should know that everything comes full circle at some point--So enjoy your gift. Ride it around the block a few times and smile at all the kids on your block.

And watch your gift get its tires slashed and the handlebars tied in a knot when you come to Houston.
Old 10-14-2007   #34
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What you have to say is inconsequential...fact is this: You got two scores the cheap way.

Blown calls by the refs do not matter when it does not affect the game in major ways. But you guys were STOPPED on 3rd down until the ref said our guy held, when it was the other way around. Without that call, you punt and have one less TD. AND...we possibly score, which closes the gap even more.

And then the mega-obvious playclock no-call...you have to be KIDDING me. How is it that a ref misses it by 3 seconds? I can see a bang-bang situation, but 3 seconds? Even Houston Hater, Steve Tasker, was forced to admit that it was a severely blown call.

We're not crying, but we're not going to let you stroll through here and act as if you truly 100% dominated us today. Without the bad calls, this game goes down to the end with anybody being able to win it.

No such luck, though, as we saw the refs make two very important no-calls when anybody with two working eyes could see Williams pushing off and could see the play clock dead for 3 seconds.

Had those plays come in moments where Jacksonville eventually punts or kicks a field goal, then I could see where you would say we "cry," but it was deflating to our defense to sit there and watch you guys get handed everything on a silver platter all game long.

LOL. Now we're at the point of this dialogue where you should know that everything comes full circle at some point--So enjoy your gift. Ride it around the block a few times and smile at all the kids on your block.

And watch your gift get its tires slashed and the handlebars tied in a knot when you come to Houston.
WOW, Just a little bitter...face the facts, Your defense could NOT stop the Jags..end of story...Other Texan fans are embarassed for this post. VERY TWINKIE LIKE!!!
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #35
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Now I see why every AFC South team's boards hates Jags fans. They're not only classless but clueless as well.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #36
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh, we didn't show up today, at least not for 4 quarters and we got outplayed.

the jags cry every time we spank them that "we were playing dirty" (that's from the jax's players and coaches) and blah blah blah.....happens everytime, they and their fans cry like babies. But nice of you to swoop in and correct all of the pissed off fans; at least we have legitimate case against BS referees, just take your W for what it was and leave it at that.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 10-15-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #37
Jagrams
Rookie

Sorry you guys lost but after the way the game started I thought the Texans might be on their way to handing it to the Jags again. Fortunately for us it didn't end up that way. It may be a little different when you face the Jags again in your battle red.....or not.

Good luck the rest of the season, except against the Jags of course. The AFC South is a division to be reckoned with. When you get all your guys back you will be rockin' once again.
Jagrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #38
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're kidding, right?

What a sham of a game.

They really did win the game. They won by 4 TDs. 4!

They did accomplish something today. They beat our ass. Bad. MJD killed us & now the league knows he is for real, not just some rookie wonderboy.

Quote:

In the second half, they did. They beat us in all aspects of the game (including BS calls by the refs), but to sit there & say that they didnt beat us fair & square is ridiculous.

I'm pissed off too. The refs were terrible. But we lost this game because the Jags strolled into that stadium & hit us in the mouth and we took it.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #39
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No one here calls Colts fans 'twinks'. That is the name FBT gave 'em over at Litterbox Central. They are Colt fans here, leave the local lingo on your homey board.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #40
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagrams View Post
Sorry you guys lost but after the way the game started I thought the Texans might be on their way to handing it to the Jags again. Fortunately for us it didn't end up that way. It may be a little different when you face the Jags again in your battle red.....or not.

Good luck the rest of the season, except against the Jags of course. The AFC South is a division to be reckoned with. When you get all your guys back you will be rockin' once again.
Thanks Jagrams! Been awhile since I saw a post from you, on either board.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read