Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2007   #41
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Terrible Officiating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
We are losers...says the guy that came here to troll.
+1 Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #42
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargin View Post
I know some of you are looking for excuses but bad calls are part of the game. We've had them too. Remember Carr's game winning "TD" where he failed to get even close to the goal line. You lost, deal with it as we had to in that case.
We have to deal with it, but we have every right to complain when the Refs just completely ignored calls.

Deal with it...I guess, David Stern told Cuban that and later found out his refs were gambling. Not saying this is the same, but there were too many FLAT OUT HORRIBLE calls for some of us to deal with it this time. Sorry if you think it takes away some of the credit for your win. I'm serious not sarcastic on that. I am not trying to take away credit from your win, but I find it hard to ignore when the refs just ignore a delay of game, fail to stop the clock when we go out of bounds, and all the various other miscues.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #43
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for proving my point. Your last answer let me know what you are and that I no longer need posts wasted on you.

Where is the one Jag fan that actually has football knowledge. If 1stdown still around?

*I tried to quote the troll but it didn't stick. Now I don't see him. Was he deleted?*
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #44
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargin View Post
I know some of you are looking for excuses but bad calls are part of the game. We've had them too. Remember Carr's game winning "TD" where he failed to get even close to the goal line. You lost, deal with it as we had to in that case.
You all whooped our azz. No debate there.
But seriously, this was the worst job by the officials I have ever seen. It wasn't just 1 or 2 bad calls, it was literally 7 or 8 WTF type calls.
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #45
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
+1 Rep
Thanks for that.

I don't mean to take away credit for the Jags. I think most of them know the better team won and they probably would have won without all the BS calls, but we are not going to ignore them on OUR board.

On OUR board we can say things like "Do you think we would have won this game with Andre in?" we are not going to your boards whining about the refs or injuries. We are here just discussing how horrible they were(the refs). Seriously, they were bad beyond bad and if it was one or two bad calls I could just ignore it.

Yet it was 7-8 WTF moments in the game.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #46
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, Bad calls on both sides of the ball...take away the TD the Jags got...Jag still would have won.
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #47
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

See my sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2007   #48
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
Yes, Bad calls on both sides of the ball...take away the TD the Jags got...Jag still would have won.
How about that "interception"?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #49
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

No doubt the refs didn't help one bit, but the jags took it to us today. We had many opportunities to seal the deal on the jags in the first half, but we just couldn't. A fumble by davis at the one yard line, an overthrown pass to KW in the endzone, fumbles by the jags in their own territory. We didn't execute and Jacksonville finally took advantage of it. In my opinion, Kubiak was completely outcoached today on all cylinders. Good ST play on the surprise onside kick, taking chances on 4th down and converting them, and taking advantage of the Texan's defensive weaknesses. I was as mad at the refs as the next guy, but it didn't affect the outcome.
Old 10-14-2007   #50
Bungster
Rookie

Funny thing, I just read the recaps of the game, watched the highlights on NFL network and ESPN. I don't see or hear anyone saying anything about the officiating except you guys.

It's tough to lose isn't it? Gotta blame someone don't ya'???
Bungster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #51
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
Well I know of 14 points the jags got by bad calls and 7 taken away from houston, yes bad call on both sides of the ball. Houston Offense and Houston Defense, both sides of the ball.

I am not saying that the refs were the sole reason for the game but holy crap how about calling it down the freakin middle.
Old 10-14-2007   #52
Evilzorac
Rookie

Real tinhorn fans must be totally ashamed by the skirts making these post. I hvae always respected the Tinhorns even when they ripped our hearts out. Please stop trying to be the colts.
Evilzorac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #53
Bungster
Rookie

I take it back, someone is writing about the "questionable calls"....

Jack Del Rio credited his teamís ability to overcome adversity. In contrast, one controversial officialís call seemed to cause the Houston Texans to fall apart.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=6396

Basically he's saying that one call caused your team to fall apart. How funny is that???
Bungster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #54
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilzorac View Post
Real tinhorn fans must be totally ashamed by the skirts making these post. I hvae always respected the Tinhorns even when they ripped our hearts out. Please stop trying to be the colts.
You're right, we're babies for complaining about our CB getting called for a penalty when your receiver has him in a headlock, when our receiver catches a pass and is down yet the CB who takes the ball from him once he's down gets an "interception", when they DON'T call delay of game after the play clock was at 0 for several seconds, when we go out of bounds and the clock keeps running........you're right not one thing we should be complaining about.

If we were here saying that the reason we lost was because of those calls it would be different. We aren't whining we're stating blatant missed calls. Which part of that does not compute?
Old 10-14-2007   #55
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
If we were here saying that the reason we lost was because of those calls it would be different. We aren't whining we're stating blatant missed calls. Which part of that does not compute?
Probably all of it because his sorry butt is a jags fan pretending to be a tarp.
Old 10-14-2007   #56
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're right, we're babies for complaining about our CB getting called for a penalty when your receiver has him in a headlock, when our receiver catches a pass and is down yet the CB who takes the ball from him once he's down gets an "interception", when they DON'T call delay of game after the play clock was at 0 for several seconds, when we go out of bounds and the clock keeps running........you're right not one thing we should be complaining about.

And yet do you really think it would have made a difference today? Cause I don't.

As much as I hate to say it, we got out played today...bad. Jackosnville came out and was just much more physical, executed much better, and generally wanted the game more then we did.

But I could have used less crowd shots...I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #57
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You're forgetting the first JAX TD that the ref originally called holding on the WR correctly but was for some retarded reason decided to be a TD for JAX.

People can say what they want that we sucked and whatever. We did. But if we held the Jaguars to just a FG on that play who knows what would've happened. The refs really sucked big time today there's no doubt about it. If it was an even playing field I don't think we lose today, honestly. Idiotic calls constantly favoring JAX on 3rd and whatever would've turned to punts had they been called correctly, putting the ball in JJ's hands and our offense.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #58
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't bother Twitch, they can't possible know what we're talking about considering they couldn't watch the game.

Quote:

BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #59
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
And yet do you really think it would have made a difference today? Cause I don't.

As much as I hate to say it, we got out played today...bad. Jackosnville came out and was just much more physical, executed much better, and generally wanted the game more then we did.

But I could have used less crowd shots...I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying.
I'm just pointing out blown calls, not saying we would have won had they been called correctly. Everyone complains about refs when the call is against them, I usually let it go after a game. This case was different because of how bad it was. The argument could be made for momentum however. A lot of blown calls kept the Jags alive. Who knows what happens when JJ gets his hands on it.

One more thing, I believe they scored on a running play on the play that should have been delay of game.
Old 10-14-2007   #60
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly canít remember the last time I saw a game so horribly officiated. Yeah, it cost us. But so did not being able to run the ball or stop the Jags from running on us.

Not to mention our performance in the red zone.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read