Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2007   #21
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Terrible Officiating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Maybe their trying to build the Jaguars portfolio to sell to Mexico City .

Jags vs Colts monday night football ... the winner is in 1st .

NFL meets the NBA .
Funny thing about it, before the NBA ref was caught a lot of people started seeing these phantom calls. NBA ignored it as a conspiracy theory and it really wasn't.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #22
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

The refs didn't cost us the game, but they didn't help either....

We lost the game when we failed to score touchdowns on our first two drives, and the onside kick really hurt us as well. The onside kick, and Jacksonville playing smash-mouth football, wore the defense out.
Old 10-14-2007   #23
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2 View Post

We lost the game when we failed to score touchdowns on our first two drives, and the onside kick really hurt us as well. The onside kick, and Jacksonville playing smash-mouth football, wore the defense out.
As well as the refs giving us bad calls, keeping the defense on the field longer.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #24
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
If I had to listen to that *$%king "body punches" analogy one more time I was going to vomit.
I'd like to body punch him and the officials.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #25
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I disagree. There were several times when we had them stopped on 3rd downs when they got 1st downs and were allowed to continue drives because of bad calls. They also stopped some of our drives with bad calls.

A few bad calls here and there are OK because normally they even out.

This time, they didn't even out.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #26
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I disagree. There were several times when we had them stopped on 3rd downs when they got 1st downs and were allowed to continue drives because of bad calls. They also stopped some of our drives with bad calls.

A few bad calls here and there are OK because normally they even out.

This time, they didn't even out.

What is the difference? The penalty difference any one has that stat?
Old 10-14-2007   #27
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
What is the difference? The penalty difference any one has that stat?
8-58 vs. 3-28.
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2007   #28
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Quote:
8-58 vs. 3-28.
Not as bad as expected. But just besides the penalty.

We went Out of bounds a few times, and they didn't stop the clock. The ignored the delay of game...you know what I seriously get tired of typing all the refs miscues. They played a big part in this game today.
Old 10-14-2007   #29
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
8-58 vs. 3-28.
And really the problem isn't that penalties are called it's that a judgment is made incorrectly.

Just off the top of my head:

1. The pass interference call on Bennett that gave them a first down when it was obviously on the offense. That was a 3rd down play where they got the first and shouldn't have.
2. The illegal contact flag that was picked up on their TD.
3. The call on Schaub's "interception". Which should have been a reception and down by contact.
4. The 3rd down play where Faggins knocked the ball down but Mario was called offsides. Mario had gotten back. He wasn't in the neutral zone when that ball was snapped. That doesn't mean they don't go for it on 4th and get the TD, but I think it was a bad call.
5. On a first and ten, Demeco was called for an interference call that was bogus.
Old 10-14-2007   #30
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:

We went Out of bounds a few times, and they didn't stop the clock. The ignored the delay of game...you know what I seriously get tired of typing all the refs miscues. They played a big part in this game today.
I forgot about that delay of game they didn't call.
Old 10-14-2007   #31
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I gotta agree with this.

Our inability to stop Jones-Drew is why we lost. Our inability to run the football, again, is why we lost. Andre Davis fumble is why we lost.

The refs are not why we lost, even with the bad calls. Good teams overcome bad calls.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #32
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And really the problem isn't that penalties are called it's that a judgment is made incorrectly.

Just off the top of my head:

1. The pass interference call on Bennett that gave them a first down when it was obviously on the offense. That was a 3rd down play where they got the first and shouldn't have.
2. The illegal contact flag that was picked up on their TD.
3. The call on Schaub's "interception". Which should have been a reception and down by contact.
4. The 3rd down play where Faggins knocked the ball down but Mario was called offsides. Mario had gotten back. He wasn't in the neutral zone when that ball was snapped. That doesn't mean they don't go for it on 4th and get the TD, but I think it was a bad call.
5. On a first and ten, Demeco was called for an interference call that was bogus.
6. Bennett was litterally headlocked on a play by Williams, yet he got the holding call.

7. Mathis held Walters on a incomplete pass, even the commentator mentioned "Mathis got away with that hold." yet no call.

It just amazes me how much went in their favor. Someone else mentioned how late the flags were, also it just BUGS and IRKS the hell outta me when they take away the Jags first TD...15 mintues later decide they were wrong and give it back. Late flags just bug me, I think either the refs see it or they don't otherwise its like saying "Well it kinda looked like a hold...(5 seconds later flag comes out)" it just bugs me.
Old 10-14-2007   #33
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:

Copy and paste.

And paste.

And paste.

And paste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #34
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Just have to post so I can vent before my head explodes. I'm sure Jag fans will think we're just making excuses, but I'm not posting it as an excuse, we did a lot to lose the game ourselves as well. The refs were unbelievably bad. I want to see some of their medical records because I'm convinced the NFL hired some that are legally blind.

The one where Bennett was in a headlock and got flagged was ridiculous. I almost had a coronary. I'm about to have another thinking about it again.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #35
Bungster
Rookie

Waaaahhhhhhhhh, more crying about the refs, you people are losers, just like your team today!
Bungster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #36
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungster View Post
Waaaahhhhhhhhh, more crying about the refs, you people are losers, just like your team today!
Wow, big man to decide to post for the first time AFTER your team wins.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #37
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Quote:
We are losers...says the guy that came here to troll.
Old 10-14-2007   #38
Fargin
Rookie

I know some of you are looking for excuses but bad calls are part of the game. We've had them too. Remember Carr's game winning "TD" where he failed to get even close to the goal line. You lost, deal with it as we had to in that case.
Fargin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #39
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We'll see you in our house soon enough. I don't think anyone is saying the refs are the reason we lost, but if you think the refs did a good job you're as blind as they were.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #40
Bungster
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
We'll see you in our house soon enough. I don't think anyone is saying the refs are the reason we lost, but if you think the refs did a good job you're as blind as they were.
I can't wait until the Jags get to houston and cram another loss down your throats.

And yes, as a matter of fact I think they did a GREAT job officiating today!!!
Bungster is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read