Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-14-2004   #1
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer
Default David Carr Is Better

Joey is trash, come serve me crow, this loser will not be in town next year.

David Carr > Me
Old 11-14-2004   #2
Henderson98
Rookie

I think Harrington ended up with something like a 25 passer rating and the only TD's on punt returns... it was not pretty on Jacksonville's side either... but we pulled it out in OT.
Henderson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #3
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

I have been surprised at how many Lion fans absolutely hate Joey. Carr had a terrible game today and we don't hear any talk of him being terrible. From what I see in his stats Joey is having a better year and still fans want to run him out of town. What gives?
Old 11-15-2004   #4
USNinc
Rookie

Being a Lions fan I think it's sick how Joey gets heat because we have a **** team. I see David Carr get support from the fans because they understand that Rome wasn't built in one day (season) and it takes time to make it work.
We have a history of bad QB draft picks and so he gets blame for not being better then he should be. It's un fair for any QB to play under those types of circumstances.

Oh yeah...I'm new to this forum and I hope you don't mind a rival fan dropping by to say hi.
USNinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #5
BullPenner
waterboy

Joey is going to be fine in time. The Lions are getting better and they've got a lot of negative history to overcome. Yes, the fans here in Houston are more patient, and they should be, but Carr needs to stop making steps backwards like he did Sunday. His year started out good but he's been slipping lately. I'm seeing very little emotion from him and he almost looks detached from the game, especially as he walks on and off the field - no enthusiasm whatsoever. Dave's got the tools but he needs an offensive line that is going to help him a bit. We've certainly regressed in the last few weeks and it shows.
BullPenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Ive never been impressed with Joey. He doesnt seem to be growing into an NFL quarterback. Hes been in an established team for 3 years now. Carr has been in an expansion team for three years, and is starting to flourish.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #7
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Hey DC, I've never been able to figure this out. Are you a Cowboy fan or Texan fan?

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2004   #8
USNinc
Rookie

I would agree with you DC but the Lions history had nothing to do with the team play.
Millen came in and took apart a team of 9-7 ability and turned them into a 2-14 and then 3-13 team. We had a bogus coach and now under Mooch....I'm really not that impressed.
5-11 with a hope of going .500 in a 4th year isn't what I call glory.

This team under Joey will never be what it could be because the team/fans will always doubt him instead of trying to support him.
USNinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #9
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
Hey DC, I've never been able to figure this out. Are you a Cowboy fan or Texan fan?
I am most definitely a Texans fan. Nothing against you, as I can see you are a great board member, but I wouldnt be a Cowboy fan if they were the only team in America.
Old 11-15-2004   #10
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNinc
I would agree with you DC but the Lions history had nothing to do with the team play.
Millen came in and took apart a team of 9-7 ability and turned them into a 2-14 and then 3-13 team. We had a bogus coach and now under Mooch....I'm really not that impressed.
5-11 with a hope of going .500 in a 4th year isn't what I call glory.

This team under Joey will never be what it could be because the team/fans will always doubt him instead of trying to support him.
That is understandable. Players need their fans to back them. But eventually he is going to have to step up and play like what he is being paid, or step aside and let someone else take the reins.
Old 11-15-2004   #11
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

He's got 7 more TDs than INTs and he's working with a rookie WR and a rookie RB.

But go ahead and cut/trade him. I'm sure the next guy will do much better.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #12
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
I am most definitely a Texans fan. Nothing against you, as I can see you are a great board member, but I wouldnt be a Cowboy fan if they were the only team in America.
lol ok, the DC part of your name threw me off

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #13
chicagotexan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
He's got 7 more TDs than INTs and he's working with a rookie WR and a rookie RB.

But go ahead and cut/trade him. I'm sure the next guy will do much better.

I agree. Come on now, he hasn't lit up the league, but he sure isn't bust like either. That's the problem with the league now, too many teams have too little patience. Owners change coaches, coahes change QB's, and around around it goes.
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read