Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-18-2007   #101
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ not back for another month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
How could it hurt ticket sales in a sale out?
The Texans make a lot of money off of concessions. You and I both know that paid attendance does not equal actual attendance. If people are not showing up, then money is not being made from those unused seats. If the fickle fans of Houston do not think we have a chance to win, then many will not show up at the game.

It always cracks me up when they flash Paid Attendance 70,972 across the big screen, but you look around and at least a third of the seats stay empty all game.
Old 10-18-2007   #102
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I'm not sounding negative but this is the type of thing where, depending on how the team is doing, they could shut him down for a while. It just sounds like unless he lets it completely rest it will give him fits throughout the year. I'd hate to see him turn into the receiver that is always week to week and who plays a half and has to take himself out. Disappointing. Again, depending how the team is doing, I can see them saying he is out for alot longer.

Thanks for the report TC

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 10-18-2007 at 11:16 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #103
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Well, that about seals the book. No risk returning him this soon if the injury is bothering him that bad.

Give him the bye week and lets see him fresh against NO.
Yep pretty much..I wonder why Kubiak said earlier in the week though that he was hopeful he was going to be able to play, yet now AJ sounds like he doesn't know when he can come back.

By the time he comes back, i'm sorry it may be too late. We are probably a 6-7 win team without him it sucks that we finally have a QB to throw him the ball and now he's hurt...sounds like our luck.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #104
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
so, is it sad that the Chronicle reported this right the whole time while the Texans just kind of told us what we wanted to hear? The Chronicle reporters were pretty much point blank telling us he wouldn't be back as soon as the Texans were inferring.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #105
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

my question is why did the Texans keep telling us that they think he will play when their Doctor pretty much told Johnson that he would miss nearly half the season?
Quote:
Johnson said he was told by Dr. Walter Lowe that rehabilitation on an injury as serious as his takes about six weeks. Johnson just completed four weeks, which means Johnson will likely miss at least two more weeks.

Old 10-18-2007   #106
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Continue to step up please Mr. Walter.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #107
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The Texans make a lot of money off of concessions. You and I both know that paid attendance does not equal actual attendance. If people are not showing up, then money is not being made from those unused seats. If the fickle fans of Houston do not think we have a chance to win, then many will not show up at the game.

It always cracks me up when they flash Paid Attendance 70,972 across the big screen, but you look around and at least a third of the seats stay empty all game.
You need to drink more during the tailgate. By the time I get to my seats, the Stadium looks like there is about 140,000 people....
Old 10-18-2007   #108
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Yep pretty much..I wonder why Kubiak said earlier in the week though that he was hopeful he was going to be able to play, yet now AJ sounds like he doesn't know when he can come back.

By the time he comes back, i'm sorry it may be too late. We are probably a 6-7 win team without him it sucks that we finally have a QB to throw him the ball and now he's hurt...sounds like our luck.
And that is my fear or concern or however you want to put it. I was hoping for .500 with maybe a leap, after seeing Week 1 and 2 to 9-7. It was best case scenario. I am not saying the other receivers can't make strides and get it done but it is purely a talent thing. If we hit a point and aren't hitting the above marks or are having troubles, why not let him rehab out the year?There is part of me that thinks it might be in the back of their head since they haven't been forthright so far.
Old 10-18-2007   #109
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You need to drink more during the tailgate. By the time I get to my seats, the Stadium looks like there is about 140,000 people....
Now THAT is funny!!
Old 10-18-2007   #110
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

If we had a better running game, and our D steps up, then AJ being gone would hurt us so much. Two bad those two things I mentioned hasn't happened for us yet.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #111
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Texans TV has the same thing in an interview with AJ that they put up today. Basically he was saying that the Doc says 4-6 weeks, and that means two more weeks. But as of right now he's just taking it day by day. (After he talked to the doc last Sat.)

It could be a cat and mouse game, and we just can know for sure.???
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #112
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

It's the responsibility of those receivers to help make touchdowns, though. The Texans are clearly moving the ball down the field. They do it with Schaub hitting his receivers. That the receivers clam up in the red zone is not the fault of the defense.

Walter and Davis are doing really well, better than I ever anticipated. I used to think that without AJ, the team was totally screwed. But that was when you had one-target Carr. Schaub does a great job of getting the ball to these guys, and they are making some outstanding plays. Given some time, I think the scores will start to come. It's something that just has to click, and it hasn't clicked yet. Once it does, the Texans will become very competitive.

Last edited by Texans Horror; 10-18-2007 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Removed S from Walters
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #113
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
my question is why did the Texans keep telling us that they think he will play when their Doctor pretty much told Johnson that he would miss nearly half the season?
I think what the Texans told us is what they were being told in the locker room. At least given what was said by Pittman in his HP articles.
Old 10-18-2007   #114
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who/when said they thought Andre would play? I know Kubiak said he was hopeful that Andre would play, but did anyone say that he was ready to go?
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #115
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
so, is it sad that the Chronicle reported this right the whole time while the Texans just kind of told us what we wanted to hear? The Chronicle reporters were pretty much point blank telling us he wouldn't be back as soon as the Texans were inferring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Who/when said they thought Andre would play? I know Kubiak said he was hopeful that Andre would play, but did anyone say that he was ready to go?
just about every week we heard that Andre may be ready to go but the Chronicle kept saying...no, he isn't ready.

Old 10-18-2007   #116
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans and the fans hope every week that he'll be ready to go. He was DTD two weeks ago, and he'll be DTD until he gets over this. Predicting when he gets the strength back in his leg and is ready to go is pretty hit or miss.
Old 10-18-2007   #117
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
I think the Texans and the fans hope every week that he'll be ready to go. He was DTD two weeks ago, and he'll be DTD until he gets over this. Predicting when he gets the strength back in his leg and is ready to go is pretty hit or miss.
How can you be day to day two weeks ago when the doctor said he would miss around 4-6 weeks? It's not a huge issue...I just would rather the team tell us the truth than telling us what we want to hear and finding out the people who report on the team are more credible than the Texans PR department.

Old 10-18-2007   #118
Fox
All Pro

Quote:
How can you be day to day two weeks ago when the doctor said he would miss around 4-6 weeks? It's not a huge issue...I just would rather the team tell us the truth than telling us what we want to hear and finding out the people who report on the team are more credible than the Texans PR department.
The Texans have been saying they're hopeful for him to return each week..... well, they are hopeful he'll return each week. It's day-to-day because no one knows exactly when it's going to be strong enough for him to get on the field again. The Dr. told him 6 weeks was the recovery time at the outset, but that doesn't mean it will actually take 6 weeks. As long as there's a chance Andre could get better sooner, which there always is, I think you'll continue to see Kubiak saying he's hopeful Andre will return ASAP.

As far as the Chronicle having the story better than the Texans so far, I'm not quite sure how that works out but I don't really care either. We're hearing the story straight from the horses mouth from interviews with Andre, and he hasn't written himself off for the next two weeks.
Old 10-18-2007   #119
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"Johnson said he was told by Dr. Walter Lowe that rehabilitation on an injury as serious as his takes about six weeks."

So, if Dr. Lowe told A.J. that, then he told the team that. And if he told the team that, why didn't they just tell us that instead of blowing all this smoke up our asses every single week?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #120
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
"Johnson said he was told by Dr. Walter Lowe that rehabilitation on an injury as serious as his takes about six weeks."

So, if Dr. Lowe told A.J. that, then he told the team that. And if he told the team that, why didn't they just tell us that instead of blowing all this smoke up our asses every single week?
Yeah, a few days ago Kubes was saying "Everything is looking very very good, I am hopeful he'll practice this week and hopefully play."

Now I think everytime he says "I think he's on track." Kubes is basically saying the 6 weeks.

We just need to win the Tenn game without him. We play Tenn and if I am not mistaken San Diego(which may be a loss) so hopefully we can go to week nine 4-4 and not 3-5 going to week nine with a 4-4 than maybe we can beat the Raiders and AJ can come back in time...who knows our team could win the rest of our games with him, I think he has a HUGE impact on the team.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read