Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2007   #61
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A.J.next week?

During the game, they mentioned that AJ was sprinting, but still wasn't cutting, or in other words, he hasn't been able to plant his foot yet.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #62
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ isn't going to play next week. We will be lucky if he plays again this year. The Texans lie big time when it comes to injuries.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #63
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
AJ isn't going to play next week. We will be lucky if he plays again this year. The Texans lie big time when it comes to injuries.
I don't think his injury is season ending.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #64
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
A lot of teams lie about injuries, I know we would all like to know the real status of each player but that would also give the opposing teams the knowledge and they would be able to game plan better.

As long as the team knows the full extent of an injury and are not misdiagnosing said injuries, while it bothers me it does not upset me.

Old 10-15-2007   #65
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

John McLame was on 610 this morning saying that AJ would be lucky to make it back by the Charger game. He said he'd likely make it back by the Raider game.

Either way, AJ's absence isn't the problem right now. The lack of a running game and poor defense should be the main objective in practice.

And for the love of Paul, take the defense out of Richard Smith's hands and start being aggressive on play calls.
Old 10-15-2007   #66
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Fingers crossed.............sounds like he might play this week?
Old 10-15-2007   #67
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
John McLame was on 610 this morning saying that AJ would be lucky to make it back by the Charger game. He said he'd likely make it back by the Raider game.

Either way, AJ's absence isn't the problem right now. The lack of a running game and poor defense should be the main objective in practice.

And for the love of Paul, take the defense out of Richard Smith's hands and start being aggressive on play calls.
I'm very curious as to why the Chronicle keeps telling the fans that we should expect such a late date when the Texans seem to be telling us the exact opposite? John McClain and Dale Robertson both have mentioned that we should not expect AJ to return till later in the last few days.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2007   #68
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'm very curious as to why the Chronicle keeps telling the fans that we should expect such a late date when the Texans seem to be telling us the exact opposite? John McClain and Dale Robertson both have mentioned that we should not expect AJ to return till later in the last few days.
I hope the press isn't getting independent and reporting the truth rather than what the Texans want them to report. I want Andre on the field this week!

It couldn't be that the coaches have rose colored glasses on, could it? For instance, did they really believe that Spencer might be ready for camp even when casual observers didn't see that having any chance of happening at all? Same with Davis and now Johnson. I can't make myself believe that.

Injury reports have been weird since Kubiak arrived.
Old 10-16-2007   #69
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is a 3rd Chronicle reporter stating the same thing per KFFL...

Quote:
Texans | A. Johnson OUT for Week 7
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:03:35 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans WR Andre Johnson (knee) is not going to play Week 7. He could be another two weeks away from returning.
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #70
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Here is a 3rd Chronicle reporter stating the same thing per KFFL...

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl
Man WTF?

Where are they getting this from...did the Texans practice at night or something?

How could Kubiak tell us that he's hopeful he's going to play the next game, and even say they were going to try him out tommorrow(today) and that we will know more WEDNESDAY and yet the Chron is so set on him being out for another 2 weeks. What the hell is going on?
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #71
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Man WTF?

Where are they getting this from...did the Texans practice at night or something?

How could Kubiak tell us that he's hopeful he's going to play the next game, and even say they were going to try him out tommorrow(today) and that we will know more WEDNESDAY and yet the Chron is so set on him being out for another 2 weeks. What the hell is going on?
Well, it is the Chron...
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #72
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ not back for another month?

Megan Manfull is a terrible reporter. She must get most of her stuff off the internet, or from John, Dale, or Richards waste basket. Most of the stuff she writes is old news, except when she writes about a personal interview.

I just wish someone would make up their mind about AJ. He's killing my FF team right now!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #73
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post

I just wish someone would make up their mind about AJ. He's killing my FF team right now!!
Oh, you poor baby!
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #74
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Megan Manfull is a terrible reporter. She must get most of her stuff off the internet, or from John, Dale, or Richards waste basket. Most of the stuff she writes is old news, except when she writes about a personal interview.

Thank God I have Moss and Welker on mine as well as AJ so I am not doing so bad.
Old 10-16-2007   #75
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Well whenever Andre comes back someone has to pay for this. I saw him on the sideline, no one was near him, he held his towel tight around his neck and it looked like he was thinking. "Man if I was in this game..."
I mean he looked like he was calm in the other games, but his face looked intense lol. He looked mad because he couldn't do anything to help those guys out
I dunno, but if you can glean all of that from AJs facial expession, I gotta say you have an amazingly active imagination because AJ is about the least animated player I've ever seen.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #76
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

this really blows................get well soon Andre.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #77
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

They keep moving his return back. Am I almost to the point where they say he is done for the season and get it over with. Getting tired of getting my hopes up for his return every week. (and on the glass half full side, the less he plays the better our pick in the draft will be.)
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #78
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno, but if you can glean all of that from AJs facial expession, I gotta say you have an amazingly active imagination because AJ is about the least animated player I've ever seen.
Yeah I call him a robot.

But he looked mad on the sideline for that game, either that or severely disappointed. Those guys were embarrassed out there.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #79
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thats it?! He is killing ALL 3 of my FF teams right now!!!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #80
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Thats it?! He is killing ALL 3 of my FF teams right now!!!

Well, luckily, I've got Brian Westbrook and Adrian Peterson picking up the slack.

My Ahman Green pick has been hurting me, though.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read