Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2007   #41
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A.J.next week?

Uh, when about did you hear this? When the game was close and towards the end? I think most of us zoned out sometime in the 3rd/early 4th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #42
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamRod View Post
during the game steve tasker said he talked to andre.take it for whats it worth but he said he felt a lot better then he did wednsday and he will try to start running routes this week.did anybody else notice this?
I know I heard him say something about talking with Andre and that he's running but just not making any cuts yet. I think I also heard him say that he was playing next week. Not sure about that, but I guess we'll see.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #43
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think A.J. will be 100% for the Titans game, and therefore, he shouldn't play.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #44
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
I noticed one thing...Andre was all alone on the sideline and he looked pissed.

Titans are going to have to pay for this...someone does, too bad it isn't that Lucas guy.
Lucas was not the DB that injured Andre, it was Chris Harris, the same guy who injured Carnell Williams.
Old 10-14-2007   #45
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

I know one thing...

A.J. or no A.J., if the Texans do not play better than they did today, next weeks game will be a lot like this one today.

Anyone who doesn't think the Titans are going to come in and play smash-mouth, physical football is nuts.
Old 10-14-2007   #46
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 289 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

How bad is Vince's leg injury? Would be nice not to see him on the field next week. He's interception prone which is good, but he's also their leader who gets things done. We'll need all the help we can get if we're going to play like we did today.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #47
RamRod
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Uh, when about did you hear this? When the game was close and towards the end? I think most of us zoned out sometime in the 3rd/early 4th.
i dont know.and im not gonna watch it again.this one falls into the delete now category.
RamRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2007   #48
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 413 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I don't think A.J. will be 100% for the Titans game, and therefore, he shouldn't play.
How often do you think any football player is truly 100% when they step on the field during the course of a 16 game season?
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #49
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Lucas was not the DB that injured Andre, it was Chris Harris, the same guy who injured Carnell Williams.
Well whenever Andre comes back someone has to pay for this. I saw him on the sideline, no one was near him, he held his towel tight around his neck and it looked like he was thinking. "Man if I was in this game..."

I mean he looked like he was calm in the other games, but his face looked intense lol. He looked mad because he couldn't do anything to help those guys out, and I remember watching a interview before the season and he was talking about losing so much and he said something like "Sometimes I wonder if its ever going to change." or something like that.

Next week we have to bring it. You saw those guys faces during this loss?

That one TD Dunta gave up in the corner he was pissed, Matt Schaub didn't want to show himself...these guys have to know next week that if you lose this game next week... it will be horrible.

Because first of all...you'll be losing the game to VY and then secondly you'll be below .500 again looking to get out. We are still very much in it, but I feel like the momentum of the season can be grabbed again if he comes back next week and we win.

*EDIT*

I was actually glad to see Schaub so hard on himself today after the loss. Because we had a previous QB who always had a smile on his face win or lose, its good to see down on himself after getting embarrassed like that.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #50
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

The announcers mentioned multiple times during the game that Andre "should" be ready for the game next week.
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #51
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well whenever Andre comes back someone has to pay for this. I saw him on the sideline, no one was near him, he held his towel tight around his neck and it looked like he was thinking. "Man if I was in this game..."

I mean he looked like he was calm in the other games, but his face looked intense lol. He looked mad because he couldn't do anything to help those guys out, and I remember watching a interview before the season and he was talking about losing so much and he said something like "Sometimes I wonder if its ever going to change." or something like that.

Next week we have to bring it. You saw those guys faces during this loss?

That one TD Dunta gave up in the corner he was pissed, Matt Schaub didn't want to show himself...these guys have to know next week that if you lose this game next week... it will be horrible.

Because first of all...you'll be losing the game to VY and then secondly you'll be below .500 again looking to get out. We are still very much in it, but I feel like the momentum of the season can be grabbed again if he comes back next week and we win.
Good post, and I agree, our leaders on the team looked really pissed about losing.

We're still 10 games away from being 13-3.
Old 10-14-2007   #52
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Good post, and I agree, our leaders on the team looked really pissed about losing.

We're still 10 games away from being 13-3.
Oh we are still very much in it man I still have hope

You think about it... We beat the Titans and they are 3-3 and we move ahead of them 4-3.

I just want to see how much things change when Andre is in there...because this looked like a completely different team with him in there.

I am not even going to blame the Defense too much...they kept us in it for as long as they could. Too bad the offense couldn't put points on the board to make it easier for them. I mean they forced Turnovers, and they hung in there. If it wasn't for a few penalties that kept their offense on the field, maybe we would have had a better chance.
Old 10-14-2007   #53
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am not even going to blame the Defense too much...they kept us in it for as long as they could. Too bad the offense couldn't put points on the board to make it easier for them. I mean they forced Turnovers, and they hung in there. If it wasn't for a few penalties that kept their offense on the field, maybe we would have had a better chance.
I can't blame the Defense too much either. The Defense gave the Offense lots of opportunities to score a TD and the Offense choked once again. The only good from that is that I have Brown on my FF team, but I would rather have the TD. They were on the field way too long today.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #54
Brandon420tx
Flounder

I'd rather Kris Brown get me 9 points off of XPs then field goals on my fantasy team.
Old 10-14-2007   #55
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'd rather Kris Brown get me 9 points off of XPs then field goals on my fantasy team.
I'd rather my Fantasy team lose every week if it meant the Texans would win. I know some people...some loyal fans who cheer for their fantasy guys first over their team...that's never me.

I have a hard time starting guys playing against the Texans and I RARELY do it no matter how bad we suck.
Old 10-14-2007   #56
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:
I'd rather my Fantasy team lose every week if it meant the Texans would win. I know some people...some loyal fans who cheer for their fantasy guys first over their team...that's never me.

I have a hard time starting guys playing against the Texans and I RARELY do it no matter how bad we suck.
Do what I do, NEVER draft or pick up division rivals, and play the waiver wire FA really well so you never have to have that decision, also, study the schedule before you draft, pick big time players from teams we won't be playing this year (Like Moss, Fitzgerald, Gore, etc)I have yet to play a player facing the texans this year (Except Ronnie Brown). I need to quit my homerism and bench the Texans Defense for once

and, I'm looking forward to starting AJ again next week.

Last edited by Brandon420tx; 10-14-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #57
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Do what I do, NEVER draft or pick up division rivals, and play the waiver wire FA really well so you never have to have that decision, I have yet to play a player facing the texans this year. I need to quit my homerism and bench the Texans Defense for once

and, I'm looking forward to starting AJ again next week.
I don't have many division rivals...outside of Harrison...none. Harrison and the Jags defense alongside the Texans defense. Its the other guys, like I have L.T
and other guys from other teams, sometimes I am forced to play them because another guy might have a bye, but I still hope he does horrible.

Also its easier to make that decision when you are 1-5 or something. Lol I also play the Texans Defense every week...at the start of the season I looked like a genius because they were producing and of course no one picked them up.

I just know some really loyal fans who cheer for fantasy first. They don't care if Tomlinson is against their team, as long as he has a big day first and their team finds a way to win, I always laugh at them and get on some of the guys I know that are like that.
Old 10-14-2007   #58
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I know there has been a lot of talk about the receivers stepping up in Andre's absence and for the most part they have, but the only stat that matters since AJ's injury is 1-3. I can't wait for him to come back, got a feeling all those FGs are going to start turning into TDs! Not only does he score himself, he frees others in the red zone as well.
Old 10-14-2007   #59
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Like D-Rek said, the announcers mentioned 2 or 3 times during the game that AJ would likely play next week. How much do they really know? I don't know, but that is what they said.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #60
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh we are still very much in it man I still have hope

You think about it... We beat the Titans and they are 3-3 and we move ahead of them 4-3.

I just want to see how much things change when Andre is in there...because this looked like a completely different team with him in there.

yeah

Last edited by Andrew6; 10-14-2007 at 09:55 PM. Reason: miss read
Andrew6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read