Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2007   #21
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ not back for another month?

This sucks hard. He was injured on an insignificant play during garbage time and now we have to go another month without our best weapon.

At least Davis has stepped up nicely, Walter is playing well also, and hopefully Jacoby really does make it back.

What's going on with Mathis and his injury?
Old 10-13-2007   #22
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Mathis is OUT for the rest of the season.
Old 10-13-2007   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Dude.

I hate to break it to you but Mathis is IR'd.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #24
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Someone hasn't been doing his homework.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #25
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This sucks hard. He was injured on an insignificant play during garbage time and now we have to go another month without our best weapon.

At least Davis has stepped up nicely, Walter is playing well also, and hopefully Jacoby really does make it back.

Man, I thought you were a Hardcore Texan?!?!?
Old 10-13-2007   #26
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Davis has definitely eased the pain a little since the loss of Johnson. Wish we could say the same for the Dayne Train. I dedicate this next beer to keeping Ahman healthy and productive tomorrow!
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #27
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
What good would it do to not to? Why not just release the info, and allow us to have a better idea of what is going on? Why give the 'perception' that you're stringing people along?

I dunno . . . maybe because I feel a little insulted that they feel I can't handle the truth.
I bet you feel a little insulted that the US faked the moon landing as well. And that we're still hiding all of those UFO's at area 51.

Just because Dale Robertson is speculating an additional month of recovery with absolutely no evidence provided to back it up doesn't mean it's true if that's not obvious enough. Where did he get his MD again?

Seriously, all the conspiracy theorists are laughable. Here's a newsflash, even knowing Andre's exact diagnosis, reviewed by Dr. Andrews himself, would not give you an exact timetable for a return. Everyone's injury will be slightly different, and everyone's body is going to respond differently to said injury. Add to that some people will play with more discomfort than others and you shouldn't have too much of a problem seeing why it's very difficult to predict how long it will take a player to return from a serious injury. Not only would 99% of Texans fans not be able to decipher a highly specific diagnosis, or care for that matter, but it wouldn't allow them to put any different timetable on his return than we've already been given even if they could understand it.

As of Wednesday Coach Kubiak, who is not a doctor but talks to the team trainers and Andre daily, said:
(on the status of WR Andre Johnson) “You know, Andre (Johnson) ran today. He was out here right before practice and did a bunch of running. He’s made a lot of progress. I think we’re very, very encouraged in what we are seeing. I think as far as this week goes, he would still be very, very doubtful, but I think we were right on schedule with what we were thinking. Hopefully, next week we’re looking at getting him back.”

I feel Kubes has been very honest and upfront with Andre's status and has given us no reason to doubt him. Why throw out a "smokescreen"? So opposing teams a few weeks down the road can start preparing for his comeback? He said they expected it to take 2-5 weeks at the onset of the injury, this is the fourth week. If he's off a week or two and it takes Andre 6 weeks instead of 5 you can crucify him for not having a crystal ball.

If they do more tests and update Andre's status to having a torn ligament and being out for the season, I'll eat my crow on this and not be very happy with the Texans medical staff but I think it's ridiculous to assert that Coach Kubiak and even Andre himself are feeding us a line. The Texans aren't stringing us along, Andre's recovery is stringing us along.

Last edited by Fox; 10-13-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2007   #28
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe they are just being very cautious & protecting their investment

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #29
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
I feel Kubes has been very honest and upfront with Andre's status and has given us no reason to doubt him. Why throw out a "smokescreen"? So opposing teams a few weeks down the road can start preparing for his comeback? He said they expected it to take 2-5 weeks at the onset of the injury, this is the fourth week. If he's off a week or two and it takes Andre 6 weeks instead of 5 you can crucify him for not having a crystal ball.

If they do more tests and update Andre's status to having a torn ligament and being out for the season, I'll eat my crow on this and not be very happy with the Texans medical staff but I think it's ridiculous to assert that Coach Kubiak and even Andre himself are feeding us a line. The Texans aren't stringing us along, Andre's recovery is stringing us along.
Well, I hope you're right, Fox. I want AJ back on the field more than anything. But I can't hide my suspicion that they're not telling us everything.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #30
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Sounds like speculation from the Article and not fact. A Knee Sprain is a Knee Sprain and this shouldn't be major, unless our doctors didn't do a good job of diagnosing the problem than maybe its time to get new ones. I hope he returns for the Tennesse game so we can blow dem suckas out of the water.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #31
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it bad that I want to put out a hit on Ken Lucas after reading that article?
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #32
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Well, I hope you're right, Fox. I want AJ back on the field more than anything. But I can't hide my suspicion that they're not telling us everything.
Well. You know... personally... I don't care if they're flat out lying to us or not. Why should they tell us exactly when people are going to be healthy and exactly what their injuries are? I kinda prefer them lying to us.

I hope AJ is fine. And I hope he's back soon.

But... I'm not going to listen to anything anyone says about how good he feels or how healthy he thinks he is. I'll believe he's back when I seem him lining up and running at full speed and taking hits and playing like he always has.

I mean, can you imagine going into battle and before the battle telling the enemy where your forces are and how strong they are? I don't even really understand the point of the press asking the questions to begin with.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #33
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This just seems strange...

If AJ needs surgery, you get it done as soon as possible due to recovery time. What is the point in waiting around?

It just amazes me the road blocks put in front of our Franchise.

Sometimes, you just gotta let it go...

We are so due to have things go our way...

Oh well, I am going to drink another beer....

At least my 800 didn't crap out tonight, been having problems with it for the last month or so.

Good night everyone...
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #34
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Well. You know... personally... I don't care if they're flat out lying to us or not. Why should they tell us exactly when people are going to be healthy and exactly what their injuries are? I kinda prefer them lying to us.

I hope AJ is fine. And I hope he's back soon.

But... I'm not going to listen to anything anyone says about how good he feels or how healthy he thinks he is. I'll believe he's back when I seem him lining up and running at full speed and taking hits and playing like he always has.

I mean, can you imagine going into battle and before the battle telling the enemy where your forces are and how strong they are? I don't even really understand the point of the press asking the questions to begin with.
He'll be ready when he is, as for the article it sounds like mere speculation.

As another poster mentioned earlier, the last official word from Kubes was that things were looking very very good. The article quoted no one, and just said don't be suprised if he's not back next week.

Also there are many coaches who play around with their injury report for the reason you mentioned above.
Old 10-14-2007   #35
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

I couldn't find the link, but didn't Kubiak report that AJ was looking better and was out running and didn't he intimate that he may be ready next week? Not sure how Robertson got his information but he didn't quote anyone.
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #36
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209570 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
I bet you feel a little insulted that the US faked the moon landing as well. And that we're still hiding all of those UFO's at area 51.
Don't you watch Star Trek? Where do you think we got velcro from?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #37
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

We need him back. We are a under .500 team without him and I bet we leave with more than 6 points after 4 trips to the redzone with him just in there.

Walter showed up and played today, but Andre is just a plain weapon man, and when he had a actual QB throwing to him he was a top 5 receiver and finally he was being mentioned with the other elite WRs.
Old 10-14-2007   #38
RamRod
Rookie

Default A.J.next week?

during the game steve tasker said he talked to andre.take it for whats it worth but he said he felt a lot better then he did wednsday and he will try to start running routes this week.did anybody else notice this?
RamRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #39
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A.J.next week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamRod View Post
during the game steve tasker said he talked to andre.take it for whats it worth but he said he felt a lot better then he did wednsday and he will try to start running routes this week.did anybody else notice this?
no.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #40
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Default Re: A.J.next week?

I noticed one thing...Andre was all alone on the sideline and he looked pissed.

Titans are going to have to pay for this...someone does, too bad it isn't that Lucas guy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read