Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2007   #1
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AJ not back for another month?

Now they're projecting Nov. 18th against NO? I think everyone was assuming he'd be back next week, but that is apparently not the case. Was his injury more than just a sprain?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5210648.html
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ not back for another month?

This seems to be the way the Texans treat all their players injuries as how it pertains to disclosure to the fans...they don't come across as honest. One instance or two really bad projections seem to be an honest mistake, but this is really becoming a trend.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #3
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Another month? That is disheartening. I guess I would rather take our time and make sure he is completely healed for down the stretch.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Cant say im not suprised. The only thing that I can count on since this team's inception is the lack of truth in the injury reports.

It all started with Boselli and it appears to be continuing now with the AJ and Mathis situations.
Old 10-13-2007   #5
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

If true, that is pretty frustrating. I don't see the sense in hiding the severity of these injuries. It isn't like they are keeping the week's opponent "off guard."
Old 10-13-2007   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
If true, that is pretty frustrating. I don't see the sense in hiding the severity of these injuries. It isn't like they are keeping the week's opponent "off guard."
All it does is make them look like they don't know what the hell they're doing (especially with how Mathis' injury went) and incompetent.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
I am more scared that is misreading severity than lack of truthfulness.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2007   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans are looking like they aren't going to make the playoffs they might as well just go ahead and IR him. I don't want anything leaking over into next season.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

This may be a good time to review my posts (#44, 49, 69 and 70) in the thread ANDRE JOHNSON EXPECTED TO BE OUT 5 WEEKS
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I will not be shocked to learn in another two weeks that AJ will need season-ending knee surgery or something along those lines. The Texans front office just unnecessarily lies to us every single time a player is injured. I find it frustrating and distasteful that they do this.
Old 10-13-2007   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This may be a good time to review my posts (#44, 49, 69 and 70) in the thread ANDRE JOHNSON EXPECTED TO BE OUT 5 WEEKS
astute as usual Cloak.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #12
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, that sucks. Couldn't Matt Schaub just have gotten sacked on that play where he threw it to AJ and AJ got injured?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #13
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Cant say im not suprised. The only thing that I can count on since this team's inception is the lack of truth in the injury reports.

It all started with Boselli and it appears to be continuing now with the AJ and Mathis situations.
Don't forget DD/W and maybe Spencer.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #14
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

How similar are AJ's and DW's injuries?
Old 10-13-2007   #15
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
How similar are AJ's and DW's injuries?
IIRC, DW had a degenerative knee condition and he refused to have any more operations done that really might have prolonged his career.

AJ just has a sprain/strain. The Texans are saying that he's running now but that might just be smoke and mirrors as well.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #16
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
Don't forget DD/W and maybe Spencer.
I left out all the stuff in between so I wouldn't have to type a book
Old 10-13-2007   #17
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I would just like to know what were the results of the MRI, that's all. A radiologist examines the scans, and types a report based upon his findings. I've had an MRI with contrast done recently. That is the procedure.

MRI results are pretty cut and dried, one way or the other. The Texans are not revealing what the results were.

Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Other than satisfying your curiosity, what good is it going to do for them to tell us to what degree the ligament was strained and other medical minutia?
What good would it do to not to? Why not just release the info, and allow us to have a better idea of what is going on? Why give the 'perception' that you're stringing people along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Yea I'm aware of the situation with Boselli and Domanick Williams. Then again, coaches and PR rep's aren't exactly doctors so you have to take their medical prognoses with a grain of salt. I'm not saying don't be skeptical about the date of Andre's return, I'm asking why be so critical of the Texans organization for not faxing us all a copy of Andre's MRI?
I dunno . . . maybe because I feel a little insulted that they feel I can't handle the truth.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #18
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
What good would it do to not to? Why not just release the info, and allow us to have a better idea of what is going on? Why give the 'perception' that you're stringing people along?

I dunno . . . maybe because I feel a little insulted that they feel I can't handle the truth.
Maybe they're not trying to string the fans along but more of trying to string opposing teams along? Every team has to prepare for Andre Johnson and the Houston Texans. With Andre out, they just have to prepare just for the Houston Texans.

Then again, if it were to be an option of purchasing tickets, I'd want to try and purchase the Texans game with Andre in it rather than the one where he's injured.

I guess I can see both scenarios to be feastible ones. They know what they're doing.
Old 10-13-2007   #19
GuerillaBlack
Money!

I just hope that hit wasn't season ending.
Old 10-13-2007   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not looking very good is it folks? Anyone want to wager the odds that some sort of surgery is in AJs near term future? If he isn't back by game 8 and it's still a problem, I suspect that they will be more aggresive about getting him ready for next year as early as possible. If that all goes down, it will suck big time.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read