Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-12-2007   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 201352 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TRAVIS HENRY: I Inhaled.....Just Not My Weed

This is Henry's last ditch effort to avoid a 1 year suspension>>>>>>>>My pee contains someone else's weed. I guess if that fails he could say>>>>>>>>The guy at the next urinal splashed some of his urine into my cup............

Quote:
Travis Henry's lawsuit against the NFL is being closely watched across the country. Many believe it can be a landmark case if Henry wins.

There are many who believe the Broncos' star running back might be innocent since his case likely will revolve around low levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in his urine sample. Henry's case is expected to revolve around the possibility of secondhand marijuana smoke and his willingness to submit to a lie detector test and give hair samples. Those moves could make his case viable.

Still, many in the league don't expect him to win, but his victory would change the way positive drug tests are approached by players and their representatives and could have an effect on how the substance abuse program is operated. The NFL is very difficult to beat legally, especially in the case of drug testing. Thus, the consensus is Henry eventually will be suspended, and it could be November before such a move is finalized after the appeal process.................
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TRAVIS HENRY: I Inhaled.....Just Not My Weed

He's Toast.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #3
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess Travis Henry is innocent.
(Pause)
NOT!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Well if that is the case, it should be pretty easy to figure out. I believe this happened to a Canadian snowboarder in the Olympics several years ago. Second hand smoke should have a lower concentration in his urine (unless it was a lot of second hand smoke)
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Well if that is the case, it should be pretty easy to figure out. I believe this happened to a Canadian snowboarder in the Olympics several years ago. Second hand smoke should have a lower concentration in his urine (unless it was a lot of second hand smoke)
Was Ricky Williams in Canada yet?

That would explain some things.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

it's certainly plausible. he seems pretty confident. but i hope he gets suspended regardless because i need Ronnie Brown to get that rushing title thx
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #7
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93054 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Suspending a guy for a year for weed

Leonard Little kills somebody and he only gets a couple of games.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2007   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post

Weed is illegal like it or not....that's on the public who is idiotic enough to have a "war on drugs" and include pot moreso than the NFL is a demon for making illegal activities punishable. The NFL didn't make pot illegal...we did. Little got drunk and drove...just like thousands and thousands of NFL fans do each Sunday....so its hard for me to equate his bad decision to murder. I've seen hundreds of people who post here at games drunk as hell...and none of them took the bus to the game.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

it's not hard for me. his actions resulted in someone dying. Travis Henry's actions resulted in the local Circle K being low on Funions.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
it's not hard for me. his actions resulted in someone dying. Travis Henry's actions resulted in the local Circle K being low on Funions.
I just don't do this kind of kindergarten logic. That's how kids work their parents when they get into trouble. Henry had no accident...he violates a drug policy rule not once, not twice, but 3 times and the rule clearly states that you can't play for X amount of games if you are a 3 time loser. He knew the punishment and I don't feel sorry for him. Like it or not, our society has declared marijuana use illegal and as long as it is illegal I don't have a problem with the NFL policy of suspending him for knowingly using the illegal drug. Breaking the law is breaking the law...I don't condone it and I think it is not something the NFL should condone if illegal. The alternative is societal anarchy.

Old 10-13-2007   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I just don't do this kind of kindergarten logic. That's how kids work their parents when they get into trouble. Henry had no accident...he violates a drug policy rule not once, not twice, but 3 times and the rule clearly states that you can't play for X amount of games if you are a 3 time loser. He knew the punishment and I don't feel sorry for him. Like it or not, our society has declared marijuana use illegal and as long as it is illegal I don't have a problem with the NFL policy of suspending him for knowingly using the illegal drug. Breaking the law is breaking the law...I don't condone it and I think it is not something the NFL should condone if illegal. The alternative is societal anarchy.
Your logic is flawed as Funions do not lead to anarchy.
Old 10-13-2007   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Is this your defense for every damn case? You used it in the Vick case and now Travis Henry.

Besides if you are dumb enough to be around others committing illegal activities you deserve to get suspended. My job does drug testing, so I keep my ass as far away from Pot. If I see someone smoking it I leave, if I hear about people talking about doing it I tell them not around me. I have friends who smoke and they understand my lively hood dictates I not be around it. How much freakin brians does that take? If you worked at Miller, would you walk into work wearing a Budweiser shirt?

Oh and one more thing this would not be his first offense it would be his third.

1. On the first offense of violating the leagues substance abuse policy you are placed in madatory testing and monitoring.

2. A second positive test you have (generally) a four game suspension

3. Your next positive test you are (usually) suspended a year.

Now I do not have a copy of the rule book but this has been the case for decades. I am sure someone can come up with the actual by-laws.

First time I by the whole opps it was not mine Bull crap. Second, ok ya know ya did not think you would get caught syndrome, but a third. You have to either need to check your ass into the betty ford clinic or your one dumb SOB who does not deserve to be in the NFL.
Old 10-13-2007   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
You are right, every time a player breaks a rule on a habitual, ongoing basis and gets the punishment that they agreed to when they signed their contracts they need to point and cry and say how unfair the rules are after they cash their game checks.

Old 10-13-2007   #14
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93054 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Got to LOL at Weed being illegal but booze being ok. I've known people that ruined their lives on booze (I damn near did myself) but I have yet to meet a person whose life was destroyed by weed.

Like I said in the other thread, booze, nicotice, and weed are all drugs, and if you use any one of those, you are a drug user.
Old 10-13-2007   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
No but the disregard of laws does.
Old 10-13-2007   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
You are right, every time a player breaks a rule on a habitual, ongoing basis and gets the punishment that they agreed to when they signed their contracts they need to point and cry and say how unfair the rules are after they cash their game checks.
......and buy Funions
Old 10-13-2007   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Got to LOL at Weed being illegal but booze being ok. I've known people that ruined their lives on booze (I damn near did myself) but I have yet to meet a person whose life was destroyed by weed.

Like I said in the other thread, booze, nicotice, and weed are all drugs, and if you use any one of those, you are a drug user.
Ricky Williams!!
Old 10-13-2007   #18
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Getting drunk and killing somebody is less a crime than smoking weed?
Old 10-13-2007   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Got to LOL at Weed being illegal but booze being ok.
That's not on the NFL pards...that's on you and me and everyone you know. The NFL didn't make pot illegal, we did. If you don't like it you should try to force change in society.

Old 10-13-2007   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
This does not apply when one is enjoying Funions.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read