Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-12-2007   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Colt Brennan

I'm watching him for the first time tonight and he looks like a total badass. Dude's a lot of fun to watch.

Then I thought about who his coach is.

Is this another run-n-shoot pretender that flops as a pro?
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colt Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I'm watching him for the first time tonight and he looks like a total badass. Dude's a lot of fun to watch.

Then I thought about who his coach is.

Is this another run-n-shoot pretender that flops as a pro?
Exactly.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Just threw his third interception. Cue up "The Pretender" by Jackson Browne.

If you have the CD, then it's track 8 from the album with the same name.

If there are ladies around, then you'll surely score sometime while that song is playing. More than we can say for Colt tonight.

Last edited by Mr. White; 10-12-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

The kid got his shot to show what he can do on national TV & his Heisman campaign is taking a big hit right now.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

has tons of pro potential as a pure passer and athlete, obviously needs some help in his overall decision-making. clutch as hell though.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
has tons of pro potential as a pure passer and athlete, obviously needs some help in his overall decision-making. clutch as hell though.
He's thrown 4 picks & all of them looked like mental mistakes.

He can make all the throws from what I've seen, but he will need some help on the mental part of his game.

Dwight Lowery has looked impressive too. A INT return & a punt return for TDs.
Old 10-13-2007   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not really all that concerned with his picks though. I don't believe Brennan is hesiman worthy and never thought he'd even come close to it. I'm sorry but he plays in a gimmicky offense that just piles up some gaudy numbers. 4 picks? Fine but he also has 72 freaking pass attempts in this game alone. It's also not even over yet.
Old 10-13-2007   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

I like how Hawaii owns the crowd even tho the game is being played in San Jose.

Nice home-field advantage.
Old 10-13-2007   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Final numbers were 44/75 for 545 yds, 4 TDs, & 4 INTs.

15 carries, 0 yds, 1 TD. Sacked 5 times.
Old 10-13-2007   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

holy cow! I know they run a gimmicky offense at Hawaii, but still? 75 passes??? Sheesh

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #11
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

One major negative for Colt is his age. He is already 24 now and would be 25 for the first game of next season. Most of the other top Qbs int he draft will likely be 2-3 years younger. Theoretically 2-3 years younger can mean 2-3 more serviceable years at the position. Also keep in mind that it is not common for a rookie QB to come in and start right away, and is usually a better idea for them to sit a year. If that is the case, Colt might be 26 before he starts.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he is overrated myself...I'd like to see him in a conventional offense. He is around 190 and is a bit thin...donno how he is going to hold up to a NFL pounding. This is the College offense that made Klingler and Ware look like Marino and Elway.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #13
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I'm not really all that concerned with his picks though. I don't believe Brennan is hesiman worthy and never thought he'd even come close to it. I'm sorry but he plays in a gimmicky offense that just piles up some gaudy numbers. 4 picks? Fine but he also has 72 freaking pass attempts in this game alone. It's also not even over yet.
If the media wants to annoint a system QB as the Heisman winner then they should be looking at Graham Harrell, not Colt Brennan.

They have each played six games (Brennan did not play vs Charleston Southern) & Harrell has better numbers against better (barely) teams.

Harrell:

228/310 (74%)
2726 yds
28-3 TD:INT
2 rushing TD

Brennan:

196/282 (70%)
2395 yds
20-10 TD:INT
6 rushing TD

Last edited by bah007; 10-13-2007 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-13-2007   #14
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Of all the run and gun players, he has the best chance to suceed. Should of left last year though. I would not take him in the top 50.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
that Bernie Cosar delivery is what kills me about him. He's going to have a ton of balls batted down at the line of srimmage when they get him out of the shot gun. Speaking of gun, he isn't Farve. He's on time and on target...looks like a Montana guy to me without the experence under center. Someone is in for a lot of work with him.
Old 10-13-2007   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Of all the run and gun players, he has the best chance to suceed. Should of left last year though. I would not take him in the top 50.
apparently a bunch of west coast fans who get to watch him play more than we do think he is overrated too.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
If the media wants to annoint a system QB as the Heisman winner then they should be looking at Graham Harrell, not Colt Brennan.

They have each played six games (Brennan did not play vs Charleston Southern) & Harrell has better numbers against better (barely) teams.

Harrell:

228/310 (74%)
2726 yds
2 rushing TD

Brennan:

196/282 (70%)
2395 yds
6 rushing TD
I love Graham Harrell. I own Graham Harrell and have owned him for three years on my NCAA fantasy football team. Graham Harrell is my guaranteed 60+ points for my FF team. Graham is worlds improved this season especially with the addition of Crabtree but he still plays inside a gimmicky offense. He's just a system QB although he's looking pretty darn good against the Aggies right now. Just tossed his second. He does not deserve the Heisman either although Texas Tech does have a stronger schedule than Hawaii so I'd definitely put Graham above Brennan in the Heisman race but neither one of them belong in the running. Being a system player shouldn't garner a vote in which the award honors the most outstanding college football player. Being able to put up gaudy numbers means nothing to me. Play 'em. Beat 'em soundly and then put the football on the ground and run that clock down. Not the Hawaii or Texas Tech systems. They keep airing it out even though they're up 50 points. It's like how I'd play Madden. Keep throwing the long bombs all day long. Call time outs when there is two seconds remaining on the clock even though I'm winning 200-0. Neither one belongs in the heisman race.

Last edited by NitroGSXR; 10-13-2007 at 04:54 PM.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post

Harrell:

228/310 (74%)
2726 yds
2 rushing TD

Brennan:

196/282 (70%)
2395 yds
6 rushing TD
Through 7 games:

258/347 (74%)
3151 yds
31-3 TD:INT
3 rushing TDs
Old 10-13-2007   #19
real

I think he's overrated...

Watched him last night and I was not at all impressed....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read