Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2007   #21
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blue Crew: Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
is it to be prepared in the parking lot or can we pre prepare
You are allowed to do the prep work at home (chopping/etc), but it must be cooked at the tailgate.

Also - If you plan on using the grill to cook your chili, you will need an all-metal pot. No plastic handles on the pot or lid.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #22
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we use a kevlar pot with a metal handle?

What about seasons?

I am not sure weather I should winter it I will be fall ing down just to spring back into summer.
Old 10-16-2007   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What about seasons?

I am not sure weather I should winter it I will be fall ing down just to spring back into summer.
Ted....?? Yo Ted....???!? Translation please.
Old 10-16-2007   #24
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What about seasons?

What about seasonings?

(Joe began to realize that "seasonings" makes him think of "seasons" of the year so he decides to make a play on words using them all.
Old 10-17-2007   #25
Yvette
Veteran

Rep Power: 36736 Yvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respected

Stopping in for a minute to let you all know I'm not going to make it this year and I'm bummed about it. I have a relative who needs me and I'm heading out west this Friday. I'm going to miss hanging out with you good people
Old 10-17-2007   #26
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
Stopping in for a minute to let you all know I'm not going to make it this year and I'm bummed about it. I have a relative who needs me and I'm heading out west this Friday. I'm going to miss hanging out with you good people
Yvette! That's truly a bummer, and I mean that! Always fun to entertain you at our tailgate. Hope your relative is ok, family should always come first. Keep in touch!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #27
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Blue Crew: Titans

We can brown meat ahead of time, right? Stef is making our corners'.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2007   #28
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Just dont beat it to early.

Old 10-18-2007   #29
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I brown mine at home so I can rinse the grease off. Hard to do that at the tailgate I can't stand greasy chili!! YUK!!! All the rest I will do there.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #30
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 45762 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't wait to see y'all again on Sunday! It will be the last home game for us until December. Keep the chili away from Dante.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #31
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
Can't wait to see y'all again on Sunday! It will be the last home game for us until December. Keep the chili away from Dante.
My beef smell goooooooood

Last edited by TEXANS84; 10-18-2007 at 05:54 PM.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #32
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 45762 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey nerd -- it's:

"My beef strong."
"Your beef wrong!"
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #33
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Lauren it is quite disturbing with your comments and avatar

Dante the motor home is back
Old 10-19-2007   #34
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dante the motor home is back
I got Kimberly's pass again for the Titans game and will be parking in the usual location.
Old 10-20-2007   #35
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Got my supplies for the chili, about to get to chopping & dicing.....Made the cornbread last night...... Sure wish it was gameday!
Old 10-20-2007   #36
TEXANS84

Just got word that someone that is going with us (manager of Buffalo Wild Wings) is letting us take a fryer and a boatload of wings and fries to the game.
Old 10-20-2007   #37
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Just got word that someone that is going with us (manager of Buffalo Wild Wings) is letting us take a fryer and a boatload of wings and fries to the game.
Awesome - I was actually thinking about doing wings for one of these tailgates......Don't forget the sauce! MMMMMMmmm.

Between the Chili and the wings - the phantom farter might have a little competition......
Old 10-20-2007   #38
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Alright all you chiliateers, Here is the deal. I will be judging the competition and will secure the panel of judges along with the collector of the samples. The collector will not be a judge as the Judges will not have to oppurtunity to witness any collection.

Meat can be cooked before arrival but all ingrediants must be mixed and cooked on site.

Mind all you so called secret chefs this is a Texan Chili contest and if it don't wear the boot it will have no kick. (hint, memories of last year)

I Will not be judging for beans or no beans, ( seeing as we have some Yankees involved, and that is not a poke at you Yankee)
The judging will be done and taste, texture, and the right amount of Kick will probably get you a trophy.

Speaking of trophy, seems that we gave out trophies last year and they were supposed to be returned for this years winners. If that does not happen then we will have something else.

All in All it is a Chili cookoff and that is that Anyone can enter but they must have registered by 8:30 and the Collector will be making the rounds at 10
The results should be posted at around 10:45

Good Luck Texan and Titan fans
Old 10-20-2007   #39
TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
Between the Chili and the wings - the phantom farter might have a little competition......
Oh, it's going to be bad. I think we may be able to pin-point the phantom farter now.
Old 10-20-2007   #40
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Speaking of trophy, seems that we gave out trophies last year and they were supposed to be returned for this years winners. If that does not happen then we will have something else.
I have been a very busy boy today (well Kathryn helped) and there will be a new trophy for the best chili (OK maybe not that one). I am bringing it Sunday. Last year's winners will keep theirs at home where they belong. There is no second place this year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read