Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-10-2007   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Who to start

Got a tough one:

Tony Romo against New England
Matt Schaub against Jacksonville

I'm worried that if the Bills D can confuse Romo the way they did, then New England would be ten times worse.

Matt going against Jacksonville is uncharted territory given our track record.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who to start

I would go with Schaub just because I think Romo is going to get schooled by the Pats and our QB play has historically been decent vs Jax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

hey start some guys in our league this week 84!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Id go with Romo unless we get Jacoby or AJ back. If the Dolphins, who allowed 200 yards a game on the ground, shut our running game down, I fully expect us to gain about 4 yards from scrimmage against Jax

Mathis is probably the best CB we've gone up against so far too
Old 10-10-2007   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Id go with Romo unless we get Jacoby or AJ back. If the Dolphins, who allowed 200 yards a game on the ground, shut our running game down, I fully expect us to gain about 4 yards from scrimmage against Jax
Which means the Texans will have to pass to move the ball. Without AJ or Jacoby he has put up over 600 yds in the last two weeks.

Quote:
Mathis is probably the best CB we've gone up against so far too
Ken Lucas and DeAngello Hall are hardly scrubs. Neither is Asante Samuels, but yes Mathis is very good.
Old 10-10-2007   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it is a toss up. I don't buy the whole "Romo was confused by the Bills." Aikman threw 5 ints before. People said the end of last season defenses figured him out yet they didn't do anything about him to start this season. He threw alot of bad balls that sailed or were forced. It happens.

With all that said I think we are going to have to score and to do this we have to throw. Schaub has put up numbers no matter who he has faced.

It comes down to a guy with a better offense and weapons or a guy who has played consistently no matter the defense.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 10-10-2007 at 12:25 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

QB's have bad days....great WR's drop balls....great backs fumble twice in a game sometimes...stuff happens.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2007   #8
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
QB's have bad days....great WR's drop balls....great backs fumble twice in a game sometimes...stuff happens.
If your David Carr you have "Good Days".

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #9
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
If your David Carr you have "Good Days".
No you have good hiar days and bad hair days.
Old 10-10-2007   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I'd be very tempted to start Schaub. Romo didn't seem to respond very well to quick pressure, and I'm sure the Pats will try to force him to make some mistakes early & often. They may also take the approach they do with the Colts & keep the Cowboys offense off the field, and let's face it the Cowboys defense will likely be dominated by the Patriots offense. That could mean fewer chances for Romo to find TO or Witten.

With Schaub facing a much improved Jaguars pass defense I'm a little worried how he'll do on the road with little to no run game. However, we always play the Jaguars tough & if JJ does get back into action Schaub could have a pretty good day spreading the ball around to Daniels, JJ, Davis, & Mr. First Down. To sum up if JJ is playing against the Jags I'd start Schaub. If he's not I'd play it safe & start Romo.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #11
real

I think Romo and Schaub are both good young QB's (Doesn't it feel good to not have that constant worry about your QB position), but I think Schaub is going to out pass him this week.
Old 10-11-2007   #12
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I'm still up in arms. Two very, very tough decisions.

Vinny-players added.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read