Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-11-2007   #1
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Doomed because of VY again!

So I am driving home and I switch to 1530 ESPN radio local show here around 4:30 and all they are talking about is the ratings war between the Texans and the Titans. Then it gets worse, they start talking about how the Texans screwed up not picking VY, yadda yadda. Then they go on and talk about how KEYE is screwing the Texans fans by showing the Titans games but no one seems to care anyway. So they take some calls and they were all VY homers who say they dont give a rats ass about the Texans, and then some even called and said they would watch the Titans over the Texans because VY is so exciting to watch and and they are not homers, because they dont follow any other UT alum in the NFL.
It will never end here in the ATX, we cant win for losing ifin ya know whadda mean vern!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doomed because of VY again!

All Houston has to do is win. If they become a team that competes for the playoffs year in and year out (beating Tenn.) then Keye won't have any choice, but to air Texan games.

I'm a UT fan, but with the way all this crap is turning out, I'm seriously considering rooting for the Aggs (as painful as that is) just so some of these dumba** UT homers can be knocked back to earth.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #3
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I would comment but what I would say would upset some people.
Old 10-11-2007   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I would comment but what I would say would upset some people.
won't bother me unless you start calling me a jocksniffer again. Keep it real, but attack the message.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #5
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
won't bother me unless you start calling me a jocksniffer again. Keep it real, but attack the message.
My comment before was not at you, it was at Dream.

Just tired of people here in Austin acting like they are VY's girlfriend and or want to have him t-bag their wife.
Old 10-11-2007   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My comment before was not at you, it was at Dream.

Just tired of people here in Austin acting like they are VY's girlfriend and or want to have him t-bag their wife.
see, it's crap like that I don't really think much of...I wish you guys would stay away from that. Most of the fans here are professionals or successful people and we have real live adults who post here and not just a bunch of kids. We work hard to attract a more mature crowd....help us.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
see, it's crap like that I don't really think much of...I wish you guys would stay away from that. Most of the fans here are professionals or successful people and we have real live adults who post here and not just a bunch of kids. We work hard to attract a more mature crowd....help us.
In regards to this subject ido let my emotions get the better of me.
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2007   #8
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
All Houston has to do is win. If they become a team that competes for the playoffs year in and year out (beating Tenn.) then Keye won't have any choice, but to air Texan games.

I'm a UT fan, but with the way all this crap is turning out, I'm seriously considering rooting for the Aggs (as painful as that is) just so some of these dumba** UT homers can be knocked back to earth.
Well then, I would say your really are not a UT fan then. And I would say the same thing if reservsed and an Aggie fan.

For whatever reason, people don't cross the line that I know of. Especially for something as trivial as the VY thing that UT nor VY had anything to do with in the first place.

The Texans made their choice. Why should I root for a different college team because of their decision and where VY ended up? Not to mention the Texans don't have the ratings in the first place. Hint guys, this TV thing is about money!

It's funny how things are different in other places. I live in LA and UCLA grads actually root against their team for USC to win against their own team so USC can win the PAC-10 and play in the national championship game. How many Aggies do you think rooted for Texas a few years ago on the championship run. Probably zero!
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

^^There were actually a few shirts that I saw that said:

"For one year only...Gig' Em Horns!"

Quote:
In regards to this subject ido let my emotions get the better of me.
Do it!

By the way, what happened to Dream?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
How many Aggies do you think rooted for Texas a few years ago on the championship run. Probably zero!
A lot actually. I would cheer for any team in the state of Texas to beat USC, & I know A LOT of Aggies who were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
^^There were actually a few shirts that I saw that said:

"For one year only...Gig' Em Horns!"
I saw a few of those to, but I think it said "For one game only."
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #11
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, that's what it said.
Old 10-11-2007   #12
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Think Dream and Johnsonfan went home to Titansville.
Old 10-11-2007   #13
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Even with him not being here in three weeks (JohnsonFan) that boy is still racking up almost 17 posts a day:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11469
Old 10-11-2007   #14
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5747 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell, I love to watch VY too, he just makes stuff happen. I'm a Texans fan, but that doesn't mean that I also don't like watching VY do his thing. It's about understanding talent and the ability to appreciate it when you see it.

Let the Texans do their talking in the win column and the rest will follow.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #15
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's ironic because UT fans are easily some of the most whiny fairweather fans ever, but Vince is infallible strictly due to the Rose Bowl. UT fans know Mack Brown will never bring another championship to Austin so they're never going to let go of Vince. It's pathetic.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #16
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Hell, I love to watch VY too, he just makes stuff happen. I'm a Texans fan, but that doesn't mean that I also don't like watching VY do his thing. It's about understanding talent and the ability to appreciate it when you see it.

That's funny...that's the same reason I don't like watching VY.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post

I do not have a problem with this what so ever. My problem with those who ride his coat tail like there is no tomorrow. Hell I am not a Green Bay Packer fan but I can appreciate the talent level of a player. also those that are not Pro Football fans who can not get over that VY is no longer at UT.
Old 10-12-2007   #18
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 935 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

At one of the Texans Watch parites at 3rd base someone said I love Vince and what he did for UT and Austin, but he is no longer our QB. Saturdays are for UT not Sundays, sundays are for our Texans. Yes I appreciate what he did and always will. I also love to see former UT players like Roy or Cedric do good as well. I just dont think its right for a local TV station to show a out of state game i place of a local team no matter how bad they are or have done. Yes I understand its all about money and for that I dont blame them. On a side note, I also said this when Vince got drafted, I personally dont think he has what it takes to be a Superbowl QB. Yes he can be a superstar in college, but come on how many guys have been and not succeeded in the pros. Am I glad we passed on Vince and Reggie....YES. Am I gad we got Mario.......only tie will tell on that one.
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Then it gets worse, they start talking about how the Texans screwed up not picking VY, yadda yadda. Then they go on and talk about how KEYE is screwing the Texans fans by showing the Titans games but no one seems to care anyway. So they take some calls and they were all VY homers who say they dont give a rats ass about the Texans, and then some even called and said they would watch the Titans over the Texans because VY is so exciting to watch and and they are not homers,
Passing
20 of 33 for 157 yards - 0 TD's and 3 picks
Rushing
8 for 27 yards

Somehow, my definition of 'exciting' is different then theirs is... Color me 'un-impressed'....
Old 10-12-2007   #20
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Even with him not being here in three weeks (JohnsonFan) that boy is still racking up almost 17 posts a day:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11469
That was the guy who couldn't type correctly, right? Where did he go? Did he get banned or just leave?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read