Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Will the Pats go undefeated?
Yes, they will go undefeated and win the Super Bowl 8 19.51%
Yes, they will go undefeated but lose in the playoffs 0 0%
No, they will not go undefeated, but will win the SB 20 48.78%
No, they will not go undefeated, nor will they win the SB 13 31.71%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2007   #1
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Will the Patriots go undefeated this year?

The Patriots are off to an excellent start this year. They have looked dominant on both sides of the football. Can they keep it up all year?

5-0 so far...

Upcoming Schedule:

@ Dallas Cowboys
@ Miami Dolphins
Washington Redskins
@ Indianapolis Colts
BYE WEEK
@ Buffalo Bills
Philadelphia Eagles
@ Baltimore Ravens
Pittsburgh Steelers
New York Jets
Miami Dolphins
@ New York Giants

I highlighted the games that I think will be the biggest test for them. The next three games that they might struggle at are Redskins, @ Ravens and @ Miami (the Dolphins always play hard against the Pats). Maybe Philly.

From the games I have watched, they look better than the Colts, and twice as far ahead of any NFC team.

I think they will go undefeated, including post-season. What do you think?
Old 10-11-2007   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will the Patriots go undefeated this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
The Patriots are off to an excellent start this year. They have looked dominant on both sides of the football. Can they keep it up all year?

5-0 so far...

Upcoming Schedule:

@ Dallas Cowboys
@ Miami Dolphins
Washington Redskins
@ Indianapolis Colts
BYE WEEK
@ Buffalo Bills
Philadelphia Eagles
@ Baltimore Ravens
Pittsburgh Steelers
New York Jets
Miami Dolphins
@ New York Giants

I highlighted the games that I think will be the biggest test for them. The next three games that they might struggle at are Redskins, @ Ravens and @ Miami (the Dolphins always play hard against the Pats). Maybe Philly.

From the games I have watched, they look better than the Colts, and twice as far ahead of any NFC team.

I think they will go undefeated, including post-season. What do you think?

It's too hard. Besides, once they get to a place where they lock-up the division, and home field advantage they won't play with the same intensity...

For the record, I wouldn't mind seeing it though, just to silence those bitter men in Miami once and for all.
Old 10-11-2007   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
It's too hard. Besides, once they get to a place where they lock-up the division, and home field advantage they won't play with the same intensity...

For the record, I wouldn't mind seeing it though, just to silence those bitter men in Miami once and for all.
I agree that it's tough. But look at their ending schedule. Three of their last four are at home, and the only away game is to the Giants, who have been flimsy at best.
Old 10-11-2007   #4
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

If this poll is still up in a month, I'll come back... for now, I'd need a "it's too early to tell" button.

Do they have the potential to do it? Sure. But that only takes you so far, and running the table would require a tremendous amount of luck.

A lot of the players who were around for the 21-game win streak are still on the team. Granted that was over two seasons, but on the other hand the '72 Dolphins played a 14-game schedule (17 including playoffs and SB). Lots of teams recently (Pats, Colts, Steelers) have put up 14-win seasons. It's two full games where you don't have to worry about bad breaks, injuries, etc.

I do know one thing: If they get through to Indy without a loss, and win that one, the frenzy over it is going to be huge. The Pittsburgh game is at home, and look who's on the schedule twice... including the second-to-last game of the season!
Old 10-11-2007   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

miami is guaranteed to beat the Patriots this year. just like every year. it's just the way it is.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

my head says they shouldnt and every time peyton and co started a winning season i always knew they'd lose eventually.. but with the pats, i think they have a real shot to go 19-0... aand i think peyton is the only one that can stop it
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #7
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Unlikely they remain undefeated thru the Indy game: Cowboys, Washington & Colts are all very tough games especially with 2 of those games on the road.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2007   #8
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Hard to say--I think, assuming they make it undefeated toward the last few games, they will be tempted to rest their starters for the playoffs, as most any team does. It's hard to justify losing out on the playoffs because you were gunning for a regular season record and ended up losing a key player. Having said that, the Pats run a deeper bench than some teams do start. So it's possible.
Old 10-12-2007   #9
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88085 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

No someone will eventually get them, once or twice, but i can't see belichick letting them lose in the playoffs. ** sighs**
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Colts will beat them..in a few weeks or whenever it is.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #11
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Week 9 Colts v Pats. Personally think they'll lose at least 2 games but win the SB.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #12
real

The Patriots are in a zone right now...They aren't having their rythm disturbed...THey are simply controlling every aspect of the games they play...

When a team is truly able to challenge them we will see what that team is really made of...

Right now it's too easy...
Old 10-12-2007   #13
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

No....I'd pick the colts to do it before the Pats and I don't think they will either.
Old 10-12-2007   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

No, it is too hard in this league. Even if it isn't the Colts I think the Steelers or a random team that has been playing off and on like the Ravens or Eagles could do it.

I will say that I'd LOVE for any team to do it just so those old bitter Dolphin losers have to keep the bubbly corked.
Old 10-12-2007   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
No, it is too hard in this league. Even if it isn't the Colts I think the Steelers or a random team that has been playing off and on like the Ravens or Eagles could do it.

I will say that I'd LOVE for any team to do it just so those old bitter Dolhin losers have to keep the bubbly corked.
Sounds like there may be a trend....
Old 10-12-2007   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sounds like there may be a trend....
LOL TB, I didn't even read before typing. Great minds.....
Old 10-12-2007   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a reason it only happened once ever in the long history of the league...tough, balanced league. I think it's more likely they lose a couple than win them all.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #18
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
There is a reason it only happened once ever in the long history of the league...tough, balanced league. I think it's more likely they lose a couple than win them all.
Yep.... chances are they will end up being 14-2 or something like that. I just have a gut feeling that this group can take the 16-0, though.

If they hadn't increased the number of regular season games, many teams would have gone undefeated by now. The Colts got to 13-0 two seasons ago didn't they?
Old 10-15-2007   #19
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

What do you think now?
Old 10-15-2007   #20
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116441 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Jets or some random other team like that gets them.

I would hope someone someday goes undefeated, just not the Patriots or Cowboys - ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read