Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2004   #21
ColdSteelBlue
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pasadena, Tx
Age: 37
Posts: 394
Rep Power: 10 ColdSteelBlue is ridin' the pine
Default

I hate to say this, but if you want a QB to stop throwing and disrespecting you, then you need to stop him. Its like TO says. If you don't want me dancing in the endzone(disrespect) then stop me. The Colts and their fans were having fun. The Texans did not do their job.
ColdSteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #22
siconik
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 32
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0 siconik is ridin' the pine
Default

You guys seem to forget that untill this game Colts D has done nothing for them, colapsing, giving up leads, etc. Just last week, it looked like they had the Vikings game in controll and then bam - they were tied.
siconik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #23
RTP2110
Hall of Fame
 
RTP2110's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Atascocita
Age: 34
Posts: 2,973
Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

I don't mind the fact that the Colts threw it. It's how they threw it. They were throwing 40 yard bombs still late in the 4th. One was on a 3rd and 1 play. If it were 3rd and 10, and the htrow a 15-20 routes to get a 1st and maintain possesion I under stand. But, 40 and 50 yard heaves are obviously intended to score TD's. I mean c'mon, that's why there is a kneel down play at the end of the game. When you have the game won, just get it over with.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #24
aphia1996
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Age: 44
Posts: 45
Rep Power: 0 aphia1996 is ridin' the pine
Send a message via Yahoo to aphia1996
Default LACK of CLASS by the Colts...

It wasn't the fact that they came to play...the game was over and they were still trying for the Long ball.....that is a time when you should just run the ball right, run the ball left, run the ball up the middle but not throwing a bomb down the right side to try to add to the beating...IT JUST SHOWS the Class of the Colts....NONE!!!! In some ways I am glad they did it because it woke up our team but I wish they would have been up about 2 1/2 hours earlier...when the game started. It was the worst game I have seen our team play in our history. We couldn't do anything right. Special teams, O~Line, DB's...everyone. It will be a long week but I hope our great fans in Houston show up on Sunday Night and take a step in the right direction. This was the second time in a row we were whipping boys and that has to stop because we will be at HOME!!!

GET UP HOUSTON FANS and LET THEM HEAR YOU!!!! I know it mades a difference because it was great to see our fans at the Astros game during the NLCS...Second greatest sporting event I have attended in my life...NO. 1!!! you ask...TEXANS 19-Cowboys 10!!!!

Anyway, hope everyone has a safe holiday season.

Geaux TEXANS, TIGERS and ROCKETS!

James H.
Baton Rouge, LA
aphia1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #25
redlion
Rookie
 
redlion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: inside the loop
Posts: 65
Rep Power: 10 redlion is ridin' the pine
Default

I think it was good he kept throwing the ball, sure it showed no class but this will leave a bad taste in the mouth of the texans. The next time they meet I'm sure our D will be amped up and ready to prove they're no pushovers...
redlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #26
El_DudeArino
Veteran
 
El_DudeArino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio
Age: 40
Posts: 106
Rep Power: 10 El_DudeArino is ridin' the pine
Send a message via MSN to El_DudeArino Send a message via Yahoo to El_DudeArino
Default Greed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSL for life
Why is he still on the field throwing the ball? And when you get a chance on a PIC someone needs to take his head off. Overall the worst day in Texan's history. How embarrassing.
But greed will be the downfall, when up by a bunch, they should bring in 2nd string. Just wait, somebody will get him, I was so thrilled when Pey Pey got sacked....
__________________
Dudes Pad
El_DudeArino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #27
Wolf
100% Texan
 
Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kerrville
Age: 44
Posts: 37,057
Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

yes, I am upset that we lost.. but like baseball. you don't stop swinging the bat just because you are ahead..If we would have been up by 35 ...everybody's tune would be different if we kept passing ...it would be "we kept trying to keep the ball"
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2004   #28
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame
 
TexansTrueFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Huntsville Tx
Age: 29
Posts: 2,600
Rep Power: 12 TexansTrueFan is a team player
Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
We can talk all we want about how the Colts kept throwing and showed the Texans "no respect" but can anyone show me anything on that field wearing a Texans uniform that deserves any respect from the Colts? They completely owned us in every aspect of the game.

Ok even the sports broadcasters covering the game said that the colts and peyton manning have no class, with under 5 min left and manning is still trying to throw the long ball. It will come back to bit them when manning goes down IN HOUSTON the back up comes in and hmmmmm has no playing time NO experience ! Scr*w the colts IT WAS A LACK OF RESPECT, on the coaches, PLAYERS and the organization !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #29
SESupergenius
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
but like baseball. you don't stop swinging the bat just because you are ahead..If we would have been up by 35
Baseball is not a time based sport and the impact of running out the clock is like apples and oranges when you compare it to baseball. A better comparision would be to the classiness of the two sports, which is what the jist of this argument is about. If the Astros were up 18-2 and Bagwell just hit home run and pumped his fist in the air, walked around the bases, and celebrated once he touched home plate, then that would classless. Same goes for Manning trying to pad his stats by going for a deep long bomb pass when all they had to do was kill the clock and end the game, not showboat and expand their chests.

Although I am glad that they did it because it is going to be revenge time when they come to Houston. Gives them a little more extra incentive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #30
chuckm
Hall of Fame
 
chuckm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Spring
Age: 52
Posts: 1,896
Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
yes, I am upset that we lost.. but like baseball. you don't stop swinging the bat just because you are ahead..If we would have been up by 35 ...everybody's tune would be different if we kept passing ...it would be "we kept trying to keep the ball"


For me I wasn't so much irritated by him continuing to throw the ball as I was by the fact that he was STILL IN THE GAME ......
chuckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #31
aj.
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,769
Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Keep your opponent out of the endzone a few times and you don't have to whine about someone dissing you or running it up.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #32
V Man
Pumpkinhead
 
V Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alamo City
Age: 46
Posts: 2,589
Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default

I think he was still throwing because he wants to break Dan Marino's TDs for a season record. He (or his daddy) wants to be in the record books as one of the greatest, and since he can't seem to win the big one (college or pro), he has to go after QB records.

Also he could be going after the QB rating record, and with the INTs he threw, He had to up his TDs and yardage to keep the rating high (especially with Culpepper right behind him).
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #33
Hervoyel
The Right Track
 
Hervoyel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 14,551
Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
For me I wasn't so much irritated by him continuing to throw the ball as I was by the fact that he was STILL IN THE GAME ......

I still keep thinking that no matter how annoying it was for him to keep throwing the ball I'm more ticked off that we kept giving up the big plays. Just once I'd have liked to seen the Texans rush 8 and have the first one there see how far a Manning could be sunk into the concrete underneath that astroturf. I don't get it, I really don't get it. The Texans were getting roasted alive by him anyway, go ahead and blitz him into a coma or a collapsed lung or something.

Not seriously of course but there was no reason I could see not to at least show the Colts that if they kept him out there doing that they were going to jeapordize the rest of their season over meaningless points.
__________________
A wise man once said "...well at this point it's all been hashed out and you either see it or don't. Hoping for a win next week" - HTown2ATX
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #34
Double Barrel
Modified Simian
 
Double Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Onward, Upward, and back into the Trees
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Age: 47
Posts: 30,449
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by profan
He wanted to break Dan Marino's TD record on this game and if he played today's Texans a few more quarters, he would get the record.
Yep, pretty much sums up my take on it.

Hope this buttwhooping sinks in to the team and they actually do something the next time we play the Colts. They did not seem to really care that Manning was going for personal glory and records, and they did not get fired up about it.

Hey, if our players could give a ****, then why should I?

If our team takes the "so what" attitude, then why should I get all emotional over it?

Why should I be proud of a team that shows no indication of pride in itself?

I'm not direspecting the team or bandwagoning (I'll always be a Texans fan, thick or thin), but rather I'm just stating the obvious. Our team acted like it did not matter to them at all.

I guess it's just a game.
__________________
"Football is only a diversion." ~ HOUSTON TEXANS
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #35
thegr8fan
All Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 872
Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

The Texans were stacking the box with 8 men. That is the reason Payton kept throwing the dang ball. And if we would have played football up until that point it would have been a perfectly normal and reasonably sound decision on his part. Big deal they had a substantial lead. This entire argument about classy or not is just plain NOT CLASSY. Manning and his team were payed to play their best game, they did. From start to finish. The real question here is why didn't the Texans? Not whether or not another TD mattered one way or the other.

8 men in the box, against the run, of course ANY QB in the league is going to be throwing the ball. Or eating it for a sack lunch.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #36
SESupergenius
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
8 men in the box, against the run, of course ANY QB in the league is going to be throwing the ball. Or eating it for a sack lunch.
No you are wrong. You don't try to run up the score knowing full well the game is over. With a substantial lead like that a team is going to run out the clock and not show up their opponent. I really don't see any other QB doing that. A coach is going to run a big set to keep pounding the ball. This is just plain showboating, even the announcers thought so.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #37
WWJD
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,260
Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

My thinking is the Colts thought they were practicing against their 3rd stringers since that's basically the way the Texans were playing.

Or maybe they were confused and thought pro football was under the BCS system as are the colleges.

These guys are pros. They'll forget about it until they play them next time and maybe the situation will be reversed. If they are still worrying about it today the Packers will come in here and score at will also.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #38
Tedc
Hardheaded
 
Tedc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bull Pen
Age: 50
Posts: 5,293
Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

I think he just threw another TD pass.
__________________
Tedc .......Hardest head in the Blue Crew!
Tedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #39
SDBoltz
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 31
Posts: 175
Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz
Default

well for one it could help against tie breakers. points scored for and against and margin of victory over common opponents. Since the colts and Chargers could end up with the same record these things may come in as a factor. The Chargers and colts are the top 2 scoring teams in the league so if running it up helps their chances to get into the playoffs i say go for it
SDBoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #40
siconik
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 32
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0 siconik is ridin' the pine
Default

How can you guys complain about "running up the score" when colts offence scored 0 points in forth quarter? It's like complaining about the rain on a sunny day.
siconik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger