Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2007   #1
markn
Veteran

Rep Power: 17549 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Joe Echemandu

Couldn't find another post mentioning this, but apparantly we've signed JE to the practice sqaud.

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5201423.html

Anyone know anything about him?
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #2
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP
Default Re: Joe Echemandu

http://www.nfl.com/players/adimchino...e?id=ECH077866

Players Main
Adimchinobe Echemandu | #38 | RB

Oakland Raiders | Official Team Site

Height: 5-10 Weight: 225 Age: 26

Born: 11/21/1980 Lagos Nigeria

College: California

Experience: 4th season

High School: Hawthorne HS [CA]
team rostersquick stats (2007) Select a Team Arizona Cardinals Atlanta Falcons Baltimore Ravens Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers Chicago Bears Cincinnati Bengals Cleveland Browns Dallas Cowboys Denver Broncos Detroit Lions Green Bay Packers Houston Texans Indianapolis Colts Jacksonville Jaguars Kansas City Chiefs Miami Dolphins Minnesota Vikings New England Patriots New Orleans Saints New York Giants New York Jets Oakland Raiders Philadelphia Eagles Pittsburgh Steelers San Diego Chargers San Francisco 49ers Seattle Seahawks St. Louis Rams Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tennessee Titans Washington Redskins CAR
--
YDS
--
AVG
--
TDS
--
Career Stats
Game Logs
Game Splits
Situational Stats

Recent Games more
WK OPP RESULT Rushing Receiving Fumbles
Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Long TD FUM Lost
1 DET L 21-36 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
2 @ DEN L 20-23 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
3 CLE W 26-24 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Career Stats more
Season Team Rushing Receiving Fumbles
G GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Long TD FUM Lost
2007 Oakland Raiders 2 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
2006 Oakland Raiders 4 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
2005 Minnesota Vikings 2 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
2004 Cleveland Browns 4 0 8 25 3.1 6 0 3 25 8.3 19 0 1 1
TOTAL 8 25 3.1 6 0 3 25 8.3 19 0 1 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #3
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it common to have this many Nigerian born players on one team? 4th year and still on the PS? Did we cut someone from the PS to put him there or did we bring someone up? Maybe putting Mathis on IR freed up a space?
Old 10-10-2007   #4
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

As long as he can punch a few yards in goal line situations I don't care!!!!
Old 10-10-2007   #5
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Is it common to have this many Nigerian born players on one team? 4th year and still on the PS? Did we cut someone from the PS to put him there or did we bring someone up? Maybe putting Mathis on IR freed up a space?
He takes Williams spot on the PS, since Williams took Mathis' spot on the 53 man roster.

Competition for Walker to get the pass protection stuff down quicker?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #6
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Is he a quick back or another "bruiser"? I guess I should use the term "bruiser" loosely since Dayne is not using his weight to it's full potential.

Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #7
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

It blows my mind that we are picking up more practice squad garbage when our needs at running back are glaring and in need of attention NOW. We had a RB on the practice squad in Darius Walker who isn't ready, so what makes a guy that has been in the league since 04 yet only has 1 game with 8 carries for 25 yards under his belt any better?

If Ahman can stay healthy for more than 2 games at a time then I am all for digging in the trash but my faith is a bit shaken.

My $0.02
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2007   #8
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exithios View Post
It blows my mind that we are picking up more practice squad garbage when our needs at running back are glaring and in need of attention NOW. We had a RB on the practice squad in Darius Walker who isn't ready, so what makes a guy that has been in the league since 04 yet only has 1 game with 8 carries for 25 yards under his belt any better?

If Ahman can stay healthy for more than 2 games at a time then I am all for digging in the trash but my faith is a bit shaken.

My $0.02
Ok, smart guy who do you want to get and how do you want to get them here?

Anybody can scream that we need A or B, it's harder to say how it needs to be accomplished (ie, San Diego will not be trading Turner, Dillon is retired, etc. )
Old 10-10-2007   #9
Exithios
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Ok, smart guy who do you want to get and how do you want to get them here?

Anybody can scream that we need A or B, it's harder to say how it needs to be accomplished (ie, San Diego will not be trading Turner, Dillon is retired, etc. )
You are right, a 3 year vet with 8 carries under his belt for his entire career... We couldn't have possibly done any better than that.

This must have been another "depth" signing.
Old 10-10-2007   #10
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
You are right, a 3 year vet with 8 carries under his belt for his entire career... We couldn't have possibly done any better than that.

This must have been another "depth" signing.
Who? Tell me who is out there, with pratice squad eleigiblity, that would have been a better signing? Complain all you want, but unless you can find a better option, you're just complaining for the fun of it.

My god, I can't believe you're this worked up over a pratice squad player, who might get cut again in a week or two.

Echemandu was the best option available to stick on the practice squad. The players who most seem to think will fix the RB spot, this year, have no PS eligibilty left.
Old 10-10-2007   #11
Exithios
Veteran

Quote:
Who? Tell me who is out there, with pratice squad eleigiblity, that would have been a better signing? Complain all you want, but unless you can find a better option, you're just complaining for the fun of it.

My god, I can't believe you're this worked up over a pratice squad player, who might get cut again in a week or two.

Echemandu was the best option available to stick on the practice squad. The players who most seem to think will fix the RB spot, this year, have no PS eligibilty left.
Ramonce Taylor...
Old 10-10-2007   #12
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I forget, what are the rules about signing someone to the PS? Don't we have to activate him for a couple of games or am I thinking of something else entirely?
Old 10-10-2007   #13
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Ramonce Taylor...
Yup that's a brilliant idea

Let's sign somebody who showed up fat to his pro-day, went undrfated, went unsigned, instead of a player who atleast has a touch of NFL expierence, and has proven to be atleast good enough to get into a game.
Old 10-10-2007   #14
Exithios
Veteran

Quote:
Yup that's a brilliant idea

Let's sign somebody who showed up fat to his pro-day, went undrfated, went unsigned, instead of a player who atleast has a touch of NFL expierence, and has proven to be atleast good enough to get into a game.
Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds as if you are saying that 8 carries in 3years qualifies as tenure over someone with 8 fewer carries....

How about we just agree to disagree.
Old 10-10-2007   #15
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds as if you are saying that 8 carries in 3years qualifies as tenure over someone with 8 fewer carries....

How about we just agree to disagree.
Ok I will correct you, what he is saying is that he does not want a fat, lazy, Maurice Clarett clone on this team over a guy that can at least stay on a teams practice squad and earn at least a small NFL paycheck.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #16
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
Ok I will correct you, what he is saying is that he does not want a fat, lazy, Maurice Clarett clone on this team over a guy that can at least stay on a teams practice squad and earn at least a small NFL paycheck.
Ding, ding, ding.
Old 10-10-2007   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I forget, what are the rules about signing someone to the PS? Don't we have to activate him for a couple of games or am I thinking of something else entirely?
He was on the street so he can be signed directly to the practice squad. Any player on a practice squad can be signed by any other team at any time but they must be on the active roster for the next three games.
Old 10-10-2007   #18
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He was on the street so he can be signed directly to the practice squad. Any player on a practice squad can be signed by any other team at any time but they must be on the active roster for the next three games.
Thanks....I thought he was already on their roster, not off the street.
Old 10-10-2007   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

My $0.02
I think you're looking at this all wrong.

We had an open spot on the Practice Squad because Williams was signed up from the PS to take Mathis' spot. So we signed this guy off the street to fill a PS spot. No biggie.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with our problems in the running game. They're not picking up this guy thinking that he's going to come in and be a starter for us, they're just picking this guy up because they think he might have some talent.

If we're going to make a move to improve our running game, it's not going to be some guy off the street.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #20
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
If we're going to make a move to improve our running game, it's not going to be some guy off the street.
Good point . I think this is just trying to add depth fpr down the road .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read