Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2007   #1
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default No fine for Johnson

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5200826.html

I guess we see the league's take on the situation. I agree with this decision though I still think TJ's tirade after the game was definately classless and uncalled for. If anything they should have fined him for his dumba$$ post game comments.
Old 10-09-2007   #2
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: No fine for Johnson

I agree. TJ may be completely classless in continuing to act like a dumbass, but he took a hard hit to the knees. It doesn't warrant a fine.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #3
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

The team is still free to punish him if they want. (As in not starting or something) I doubt they do though, I'm sure he will have a talk with Kubiak or Mcnair if he hasn't already.
Old 10-09-2007   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Horror View Post
I agree. TJ may be completely classless in continuing to act like a dumbass, but he took a hard hit to the knees. It doesn't warrant a fine.
Jamie Dukes was talking about how there really should be a fine. He said that if there was a fine on Jonathon Vilma (or whoever it was) for taking out Losman's knees then there should be a fine on Green for taking out Travis Johnson's knees.

I thought that was interesting.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #5
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Didn't Kubiak already suggest that the competition committee should look at the play and see about making the hit illegal? I see TJ getting his ass chewed out up one side and down the other for making the Texans sound like a bunch of ignorants, but I don't see disciplinary action taken.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #6
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Jamie Dukes was talking about how there really should be a fine. He said that if there was a fine on Jonathon Vilma (or whoever it was) for taking out Losman's knees then there should be a fine on Green for taking out Travis Johnson's knees.

I thought that was interesting.
Like I mentioned in another thread. Its funny because a lot of the Ex NFL players understand where Travis was coming from. I've heard TWO NFL players trash Travis and both admitted that they always used to throw those types of blocks, and one of them was a Guard for the Denver Friggin Broncos(Schlereth) so I bet he doesn't want to hear anyone whine about a low block.

Travis had a right to be mad on the field, he should have cooled off for the post game interview though.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to hear JP Losman's take on this.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2007   #8
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Im cool with no fine. He got it from his coach, his teamates, and the fans of this town. Thats alot more to a player than 5 grand. He was just speaking his mind about what he thinks is a chicken bleep block. And Greens "he outweighs me by 100 pounds" crap doesnt fly. Your a football player. Buck up and do it right, or get out of the way. Besides, like TJ catches Ginn ever. Only if Ginn had a broken leg and was on stilts. But, what do I know right?
Old 10-09-2007   #9
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58841 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

I think being a bust is punishment enough for TJ.
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #10
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 3571 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad there is no further penalty. He was given his penalty on the field, and that's where it ended as far as the league is concerned and I couldn't agree more. His off-field comments may have lacked class, but were not illegal, so why officially punish him further? The media took care of that anyway.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree, he has been crucified by the media. He spoke his mind and now he has to deal with it. At leasst its over for now and maybe people will not put us next to the Bengels as thugs. Before he gets strung up though, the media people should have a few priorities. He isnt a drug dealer, he hasnt killed any one driving drunk, nor had a body guard do it for him. So maybe they can get off his back for speaking his mind when he had nothing to do with the injury.
Old 10-10-2007   #12
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
I think being a bust is punishment enough for TJ.
Travis Johnson is not a bust. What he is is a guy who was over evaluated by the former scouting department. Those guys are gone now. He got picked twenty spots too high. That is not T.J.'s fault. They redo his deal and bring more in line to his tallents I have no problem with his roster spot. You guys might as well realize, they can't have forty first round guys starting and contributing. The last incident might get him run off. Already had my say on the subject. The fact of the matter is if a certain someone had made a proper tackle, all of this would be moot. The cheap sucker low block would have never of happened.
Old 10-10-2007   #13
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99799 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course he shouldn't be fined. He didn't do anything. The man took a helmet to the knee and landed on his head. He shouldn't have EVEN been penalized.
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
Of course he shouldn't be fined. He didn't do anything. The man took a helmet to the knee and landed on his head. He shouldn't have EVEN been penalized.

Lets not get nuts here now. For losing his composure on the field Travis Johnson (and by extension the entire team) was assessed a penalty. I can accept that and see nothing wrong with them throwing that flag.

That should have been the extent of it. I spent a lot of time over at Fin Heaven talking to Dolphins fans and some of them get it completely. Not many though. Most are still talking about how Travis Johnson "stood" over Trent Green while he was nearly dying and "taunted" him relentlessly until Danny Clark had to physicially drag him away to keep him from stomping on Trent Greens head and urinating on his back.

Most of them were pretty reasonable folks and fun to talk to until that happened. then they went "witch hunt" on TJ and no amount of facts and reason is going to get in their way.

Most years I don't bother going to other teams boards. I make a point of avoiding it. I think that's because I've seen the kinds of trolls that roll into the Texans boards during the season and just never wanted to be that kind of poster. This year I'm making a point of going over to the rival board every week (thanks to that Fan2Fan network thing on the front page) and it's really been interesting watching how things work on the other side. Sweeping generalizations follow:

I thought the Chiefs fans were kind of cocky at first but they were gracious in defeat and fun to talk to for the most part.

Panthers fans were the same way and kind of in shock after the game. They were pulling the "Red Alert" button and sounding all doom and gloom after losing to us. They're touchy about Carr.

I've never liked talking to Colts fans. They are the epitome of arrogant in my opinion and to hear them tell it nobody ever beat the Colts. The Colts just had an off-day when that happens. There is no other team in the NFL I prefer to see lose more than the Colts.

Atlanta fans were like the Dolphin fans. They came in humble and expecting to lose. I thought the Falcons fans were pretty gracious in victory and a pleasure to talk to. Dolphin fans were only interested in what went wrong with their team and in villifying TJ after the game. They were close to impossible to talk to.

The Jacksonville board that we're pointed to this week looks dead to me. Half the articles on the front page seem to be from prior to the start of the season. That's not a good thing.
Old 10-10-2007   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone get the feeling that TJ won't be a Texan in 2008?

I can see this FO moving him at some point during the off-season. It's a shame, IMO, but they have always been a bit hardline about negative press towards the Texans.
Old 10-10-2007   #16
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

though i agree with the decision, i must say that i'm surprised by it.
Old 10-10-2007   #17
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
That should have been the extent of it. I spent a lot of time over at Fin Heaven talking to Dolphins fans and some of them get it completely. Not many though. Most are still talking about how Travis Johnson "stood" over Trent Green while he was nearly dying and "taunted" him relentlessly until Danny Clark had to physicially drag him away to keep him from stomping on Trent Greens head and urinating on his back.

Most of them were pretty reasonable folks and fun to talk to until that happened. then they went "witch hunt" on TJ and no amount of facts and reason is going to get in their way.
Exactly. On Demons and Saints: A Story About Travis Johnson and Media Hype
Old 10-10-2007   #18
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
though i agree with the decision, i must say that i'm surprised by it.
Me too..with the "sherrif" in town that did suprise me.

So i quietly wonder what if Green isn't injured what would've happened. Does Green get fined or flagged? Does the media broil him?

As for the post game comments... I am sure he cooleddown during the game then when it was brought up postgame it probably got his emotions running again about the entire incident.Not saying i agree with any of it...but i can understand why he said what he said.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Me too..with the "sherrif" in town that did suprise me.

So i quietly wonder what if Green isn't injured what would've happened. Does Green get fined or flagged? Does the media broil him?
Why? It was a legal hit...a reason they didn't throw the flag of course. z While it isn't considered kosher to gun for the knees, I think it's obvious that Green didn't intend to knock himself out with Johnson's knee. When you see a man that much bigger than you and you have to block him you always go low. Ask Isaiah Robertson.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #20
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Why? It was a legal hit...a reason they didn't throw the flag of course. z While it isn't considered kosher to gun for the knees, I think it's obvious that Green didn't intend to knock himself out with Johnson's knee. When you see a man that much bigger than you and you have to block him you always go low. Ask Isaiah Robertson.
Sorry Vinny i was gunning for the compare and contrast angle...my bad.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read