Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2007   #41
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Predict the score - Texans at Jags

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvalbill View Post
Rotoworld has speculated that he will likely be out this week. I have him on my fantasy team, and believe me I'm ready for him to be back too. Well, maybe after this weekend.
Eh its likely, but if he was ready to go Kubiak probably would have the Jags worry about whether he's going to play or not. But I haven't heard a definite "He's not playing." yet. Coaches do have a history of misleading the other team about their injury reports.

Hell Tom Brady is probable every week, and I remember a few weeks ago everything hinted at Westbrook not playing and he did. So I am crossing my fingers.

This is as far as I know the latest from Kubiak.

"Andre (Johnson), I think we’re still day-to-day; I can’t say that right now about him, even though he did do some running on Friday. We expect him to do some more tomorrow, and everything is looking very, very good. To say that he may be ready to go this week may still be a little bit of a reach. We’ll see, but I think we’re getting awful close.”
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #42
duvalbill
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Eh its likely, but if he was ready to go Kubiak probably would have the Jags worry about whether he's going to play or not. But I haven't heard a definite "He's not playing." yet. Coaches do have a history of misleading the other team about their injury reports.

Hell Tom Brady is probable every week, and I remember a few weeks ago everything hinted at Westbrook not playing and he did. So I am crossing my fingers.

This is as far as I know the latest from Kubiak.

"Andre (Johnson), I think we’re still day-to-day; I can’t say that right now about him, even though he did do some running on Friday. We expect him to do some more tomorrow, and everything is looking very, very good. To say that he may be ready to go this week may still be a little bit of a reach. We’ll see, but I think we’re getting awful close.”
Del Rio has become the king of over or understating injuries. I guess it's how the coaches keep the other team on their toes. I didn't even realize that Maroney wasn't playing 2 weeks ago until I saw that he had no fantasy points.
Old 10-10-2007   #43
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Jaguars (-22)
Texans (-14)

Both teams sputter to move the ball, while the defenses force both offenses into negative points. A late drive by the Texans gives them +7, bringing them to a negative 14 mark.

Way to go offense!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #44
austintexanite
All Pro

21-17 Texans. Schaub is patient until the end where he hits OD for a td.
Old 10-10-2007   #45
JagSooner
noob

At least the most of you are realistic...
But I sense that the majority of you are scared to death.
I'm not gonna spew BS all over this MB like some of your guys' are over on jaguars.com-
So let's be honest... I wish you guys weren't 'banged up', maybe it would be a good game.
I wouldn't expect to get past the 50 very often if I were you.
Old 10-10-2007   #46
real

OD has got to get a TD this game...he's due...
Old 10-10-2007   #47
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagSooner View Post
Unfortunately, this year you won't have the excuse that you were playing down to our level.

I'm really sorry that sweeping you guys last year kept you out of the playoffs. That's gotta hurt.

Oh, wait. I'm not really sorry about that.

Forgot that "not". heh heh

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2007   #48
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

24-21 Texans
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #49
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

In a rather surprising game, the Texans finally find a running game against a team that they arn't supposed to be able to run on. Schaub is cool in the pocket and the Texans win on a DEFENSIVE stop.....
Texans 21
Jags 17
Old 10-11-2007   #50
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't they give up like 200 yards rushing to the Titans? Then they turn around and give up 10 yards to the Chiefs... it's hard to figure which one of their teams will show up.

Texans 16
Empty Seats 13

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #51
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 24 Jaguars 17

With the Texans getting a few weapons back this week (hopefully) they put up some good points on a good defense.

Texans are good against the run so can limit Drew-Jones and co, and Garrard and his average supporting cast can't take full advantage against our 'secondary'.
Old 10-11-2007   #52
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagSooner View Post
At least the most of you are realistic...
But I sense that the majority of you are scared to death.
I'm not gonna spew BS all over this MB like some of your guys' are over on jaguars.com-
So let's be honest... I wish you guys weren't 'banged up', maybe it would be a good game.
Lol it is supposed to be different all the time. I remember last year when we played the JAgs they were a hot team destined for the playoffs...nothing has changed heh, they are a hot team that almost shut out the Chiefs and are now a top 10 team to most and top 5 for some...Hopefully we get Jacoby back and Green back.

Lol we got the Jags right where we want them, thinking they are on top of the world. Time to put them back in their place.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #53
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well it's rare in football to sweep a team ...in any season. Their defense is playing very well. However, their WRs have yet to emegre. I think that will be the difference. Our patch work Wr's will out play their first rounders.

Texan's 31- Jags 10.

And Mario will have a break out game sunday. I'm looking for multipul sacks.
Whomever starts at QB for them will not finish the game.
Old 10-11-2007   #54
jaxfan21
Rookie

Too many Texans fans live in the past. You think that cuz you swept us last year that it is something to brag about. I guess when you have no hope of the playoffs you have to dwell on little things that went right. Its time to move on people! I mean I could sit here and say well the Jaguars swept the Texans two years ago.
The reason we gave up so many yards to the Titans is due to our injuries on the D. I can say that almost every single starter was hurt in some way and not just a little hurt. The Jaguars are probably now the most healthy I have ever seen them this late in the year. I wish you were all healthy as I can already hear the excuses of why you lost the game.
And to the fans that think you are going to blow out the Jags it ain't going to happen. If you do win it will be a very close score. Deep down you are really hoping this is a good Texans team that might make the playoffs but reality still hits you and it is the same Texans team just with more stars on the team.
jaxfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #55
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfan21 View Post
Too many Texans fans live in the past. You think that cuz you swept us last year that it is something to brag about. I guess when you have no hope of the playoffs you have to dwell on little things that went right. Its time to move on people! I mean I could sit here and say well the Jaguars swept the Texans two years ago.
The reason we gave up so many yards to the Titans is due to our injuries on the D. I can say that almost every single starter was hurt in some way and not just a little hurt. The Jaguars are probably now the most healthy I have ever seen them this late in the year. I wish you were all healthy as I can already hear the excuses of why you lost the game.
And to the fans that think you are going to blow out the Jags it ain't going to happen. If you do win it will be a very close score. Deep down you are really hoping this is a good Texans team that might make the playoffs but reality still hits you and it is the same Texans team just with more stars on the team.
Yer Mamma!
Old 10-11-2007   #56
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I the only one truly thinking blow-out?

27-10

It would have been worse with Dre in the lineup.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #57
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Am I the only one truly thinking blow-out?

27-10

It would have been worse with Dre in the lineup.
Didn't you say the Falcon game would be a blowout too? Maybe you should start predicting losses so we could actually win? lol

Old 10-11-2007   #58
jaxfan21
Rookie

Have to ask what is brown bubble stew? Seems kinda gross. Yes for the Jaguars week 6 is late. We usually have more starters on IR by now and starters that are very injured but playing through it. Even if you were fully healthy the Jaguars can still beat you and we would still be favored to win. I wonder if you would be so confident in your team had you lost to the Dolphins? Two wins last year don't make you a winner on Sunday.

Last I checked Mr. Garrard did beat out Mr. hamburger mcgarycoleman. I think he is in Atlanta now.

Due to the small market Jacksonville does not get alot of public showing but we have some stars. Henderson, Stroud, and Mathis are stars. Plus Jones-Drew is turning into a star. I would say you have Johnson and Ryans thats about it coming down to stars. What your excuse for not getting any showing with a market the size of Houston?
Old 10-11-2007   #59
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

*sniff......*

UGH!! What the **** is that smell??!?!! That's horrible.....

Oh, it's Jacksonville..

All joking aside,

Quote:
Due to the small market Jacksonville does not get alot of public showing but we have some stars. Henderson, Stroud, and Mathis are stars. Plus Jones-Drew is turning into a star. I would say you have Johnson and Ryans thats about it coming down to stars. What your excuse for not getting any showing with a market the size of Houston?
Small market?!?! What market!?!? LA has the Jag-offs in their sites.

I like Jones-Drew and thought in some ways he (or Joseph Adai) was more of the OROY last year, than "his highness".

Stroud, in my minds eye will always be known for a cheap shot on HWSRN and Henderson likes to get *****-slapped.

Maybe you should trade your rabbit ears in for basic cable or satelite, because so far this year, Schaub, Okoye, Williams and Jones have gotten plenty of pub...
Old 10-11-2007   #60
jaxfan21
Rookie

That is one thing I really appreciate which is honesty. And I am as honest as you can get. I am just trying to have a friendly debate between rivals.

I would hardly call Robinson, Williams, Mathis (you really did not say Mathis did you???) stars. I could compare Williams to Bobby McCray but he is not a star. Dunta "WILL" be a star I will admit that but he probably becomes more of a star somewhere else. Won't even talk about Mathis who is on Kubiaks last nerve. Jones has not played near that much to even consider him on the track to be a star. We also have a WR by the name of Mike Walker who also looked great but I am not going to say he is on his way to being a star. Same with Schaub let him play a season before you declare him on his way. I think you just need to know what a star is? Just because they are good does not entitle them to star status.

Just like with David Carr sometimes you need to make a change. It seems to be working with Garrard right now.

This is going to be a classic AFC South division game. The AFC South is quickly becoming the new NFC East were it doesn't matter what the record is the teams will play each other tough. If the Jaguars could just win division games we would be considered an elite team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read