Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2007   #141
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oh no! A "teal-out"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
The biggest problem the NFL would have with Mexico City or Toronto is that they would be difficult places to recruit players and coaches.
With basketball and Canada, you don't need quite as many players, but even then, there were some players reluctant to go there.
I would think Montezuma's Revenge and lack of clean drinking water and a government that doesn't let immigrants vote, own property or own a business would be pretty big stumbling blocks.....just sayin.....
Old 10-11-2007   #142
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I would think Montezuma's Revenge and lack of clean drinking water and a government that doesn't let immigrants vote, own property or own a business would be pretty big stumbling blocks.....just sayin.....
I wouldn't think so, remove the diaherra (sometimes) and the lack of clean drinking water from teh equation, and you pretty much have the same situation in Australia and I would gladly move to/work in Sydney or Melbourne.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #143
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Coming from Europe, that sounds like the US too
Old 10-12-2007   #144
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

It is a good thing it is a TEAL out. The seats are teal and all the empty seats won't ruin the effect.

L. A. Jags will take on a new meaning in a town where Jaguars are seen frequently in the garages of many celebrities.
Old 10-12-2007   #145
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Quote:
Don't forget security issues.. And that isn't just for the games either. Mexico is notorious for kidnappings and if I was an NFL player, there is no way I would choose to work somewhere that could jeopardize my family.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #146
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Oh no! A "teal-out"!

I am going to the jacksonville game on the road and wearing my battle red authentic mario williams.......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #147
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
I am going to the jacksonville game on the road and wearing my battle red authentic mario williams.......
You should be pretty easy to spot amongst all the teal seats that show up...
Old 10-12-2007   #148
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Would a "black-out" have been more appropiate?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #149
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 26880 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Uh oh...J' Ville got blacked out!

http://the506.com/nflmaps/2007-06-CBS1.html
rofl. weak.
Old 10-12-2007   #150
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Very appropriate and inevitable.

It would be easier to count the games that haven't been blacked out.
Old 10-12-2007   #151
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans vs Jags blacked out

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=6389

apparently the game in jax'ville wasn't able to sell enough tickets to show the game on tv. i wonder what the vibe is like there.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #152
real

Default Re: Texans vs Jags blacked out

There has to be enough people in order for there to be a "vibe"...
Old 10-12-2007   #153
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Sad, but true...It's very embarassing...2 in a row Falcons/Texans. I'll be there Sunday, loud and proud. The vibe is, If you want to see the game, go buy a ticket. If you want to be cheap, listen on the radio. The marketing of the team is terrible in the out lining areas...Gainesville, Daytona, Orlando, Savanna. The Jags have a young fan base that is growing. Will it take too long to build before the team moves? That's the $100,000 question?
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #154
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
Sad, but true...It's very embarassing...2 in a row Falcons/Texans. I'll be there Sunday, loud and proud. The vibe is, If you want to see the game, go buy a ticket. If you want to be cheap, listen on the radio. The marketing of the team is terrible in the out lining areas...Gainesville, Daytona, Orlando, Savanna. The Jags have a young fan base that is growing. Will it take too long to build before the team moves? That's the $100,000 question?

A Jag fan being realistic! Wow, I'm impressed.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #155
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

this article give a decent insight into the woes of the jags organization.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...3Doff%26sa%3DG

from the article- "Ten or 15 years from now, this market will be one of the better markets. It's one of the fastest-growing markets in the southeastern United States."

Yes, in 10 years this might be a wonderful NFL town.

The problem is with what happens until then.

"I think they have a medium-term survival problem," said Bonham, the sports marketing consultant. "Ultimately, the market will grow to sustain them, but for the next five years the Jaguars will face significant issues."

it looks like the market in jacksonville is growing quickly but the question remains will the market grow enough before the team gives up on it and is sold to someone who would move it to LA?
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #156
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post

from the article- "Ten or 15 years from now, this market will be one of the better markets. It's one of the fastest-growing markets in the southeastern United States."

"I think they have a medium-term survival problem," said Bonham, the sports marketing consultant. "Ultimately, the market will grow to sustain them, but for the next five years the Jaguars will face significant issues."

it looks like the market in jacksonville is growing quickly but the question remains will the market grow enough before the team gives up on it and is sold to someone who would move it to LA?
Thanks Barrett...You have brought the correct info on the situation in Jville. Time will tell...I think/hope in the long run the Jag's fan base become solid.
Old 10-12-2007   #157
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
Thanks Barrett...You have brought the correct info on the situation in Jville. Time will tell...I think/hope in the long run the Jag's fan base become solid.
Having spent a lot of time in Jacksonville, I got the impression that the locals/ city almost have a lack of identity... I don't mean that as an insult, it's was just what I came away with. I don't know if its because its so close to southern Georgia or what...
Old 10-12-2007   #158
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post

I have yet to figure out why everyone keeps mentioning LA, yes it is a large city that could, not a guarantee, support a team. There is no viable stadium in LA and so far LA has yet to want to pay for even a portion of a new stadium. With a new stadium with luxury boxes no team that can sustain life in LA. Remember how hard Paul Tagliabu tried to give our team to LA, Mr Bob McNair had to put up more money than any other team at its time. If LA had even come up with a remodeling of the Collissium they would have gotten the franchise. I recall what the vote was when they finally went to vote but before that, there is not one person here who was not worried about us getting the franchise.

Also, during the cryboys/Buffalo game they kept mentioning if the team can sustain life there and that they might be a team that moves in the not so distant future. The new deal that keeps the Saints in NO is for how long?

In the next 5 years there could be a lot of movement in the NFL.
Old 10-12-2007   #159
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I dislike the Kitty's, I hope they stay in Jacksonville. I like the rivalry we're building with them and would hate to lose it if they had to be relocated elsewhere.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #160
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Having spent a lot of time in Jacksonville, I got the impression that the locals/ city almost have a lack of identity... I don't mean that as an insult, it's was just what I came away with. I don't know if its because its so close to southern Georgia or what...
Bill, I agree...I think it's because Jville is "growing up"...what I mean by that, It's a young franchise that has a lot of people moving here with ties to their old NFL teams. The college football idealism is greatly viewed here. The Jags seem to get the snubb, especially when the team goes though the losing years. This Sunday's black out really has me upset because here is the Jags playing solid football, coming off 3 streight wins, 2 of them at Denver and KC. Now, A divisonal rival, who plays us tuff every time...knowing it's going to be a good game and a possible payback game..the fans can't sell the minium tickets for a black out. What? Everyone saving their $ for the Colts next week? LAME!!!! I do predict the stadium will have atleast 60k on Sunday..Why these people did not buy their tickets before Thursday blackout rule??? Anyway, glad you guys understand what's going on. Here's to a great game!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read