Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2007   #121
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oh no! A "teal-out"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Thank you for the link! That is very exciting news and is exactly how I feel the NFL should be going about this. This quote, however, is telling:

"It's unlikely the NFL will put a pro team in Mexico anytime soon, league spokesman Pete Abitante said."

I think we are on our way, but I don't see an NFL team moving to Mexico yet.
True, but notice the date of the article--three years ago. Soon will end up being defined by when a team wants to move again and can under the terms of their lease, etc.
Old 10-11-2007   #122
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Seattle wears more TEAL than the Jac-offs do, and they went to the SB.
officially the Hawks play in "gun-metal blue" .....
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #123
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Like it would cost that much to build in Mexico.
It might...all the "cheap labor" came to the U.S., right?
Old 10-11-2007   #124
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
It might...all the "cheap labor" came to the U.S., right?
Yeah, but they kept the "cheaper labor" and the "cheapest labor." One wave at a time.
Old 10-11-2007   #125
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Mexico City Jaguars has a certain ring to it, come to think of it.

And it would still make sense in our division, unlike if they went to LAX (who doesn't deserve a team....like Jacksonville!).
The biggest problem the NFL would have with Mexico City or Toronto is that they would be difficult places to recruit players and coaches.

With basketball and Canada, you don't need quite as many players, but even then, there were some players reluctant to go there.
Old 10-11-2007   #126
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by real View Post
I thought we were talking Mexico...

There is American football in Mexico...

Otherwise Casteneda would not be on this team...
Ah..I was thinking in reference to the London comment.

Yea, Mexico would be easier than Europe but I still don't think American football is that common there...I could definitely be wrong, I just never thought of it as a standard sport for youth in Mexico.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #127
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Anyone else start to notice how the Jags became more and more insignificant in this thread. I forgot who we were playing this week untill I checked on NFL.com

Go Mexico Tacitos!
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2007   #128
duvalbill
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Anyone else start to notice how the Jags became more and more insignificant in this thread. I forgot who we were playing this week untill I checked on NFL.com

Go Mexico Tacitos!
Laugh it up while you can tinhorns. I stopped posting in this thread because everyone in it started acting like ten year old kids. I couldn't care less what you think about my city, and most of you probably haven't been there to judge for yourself. At about four on Sunday you will realize we had a game, and that your team dropped below .500 just like every year in your franchise.
Old 10-11-2007   #129
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvalbill View Post
Laugh it up while you can tinhorns. I stopped posting in this thread because everyone in it started acting like ten year old kids. I couldn't care less what you think about my city, and most of you probably haven't been there to judge for yourself. At about four on Sunday you will realize we had a game, and that your team dropped below .500 just like every year in your franchise.
Never been to Jacksonville so I won't dog it. However here is a math lesson. In the event the Texans do lose we will go from 3-2 to 3-3. Which in most cases that I have ever heard of is NOT "below" .500.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #130
real

Quote:
I couldn't care less what you think about my city, and most of you probably haven't been there to judge for yourself.
Family is from Florida, and I attended FAMU....

I've been to Jacksontown, and it really is nothing...

Matter-of-fact I've been all through Duval...both of 'em....

Last edited by real; 10-11-2007 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-11-2007   #131
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As stated before Bill.... I have spent plenty of time in Jacksonville (a couple of days a week for about a year and a half - Federal Courthouse Project, downtown on North Julia).

Amelia Island is nice.
Old 10-11-2007   #132
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ya I already posted what I thought of JAX as far as The Texans losing, dont count on it! I think that you will finally realize that we own your team, just like ever other year in our franchise history.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #133
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm quessing math was not your strongest subject in school.

That's almost a Titan's "level of stupidity" comment right there.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #134
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am sure that it will be game-on on Sunday. I'm guessing the Teal-Out is a reflection that your team and your coach is finally taking a Texans-Jags game seriously.

That being said, I've been to Jacksonville and there isn't much to the downtown. It's like driving through the Greenspoint area sizewise, if that.

Jacksonville had just about the worst sports page I've ever seen. Basically, it was a bunch of AP stories, and their featured story of the day on the front of the sports page was about swimming.
Old 10-11-2007   #135
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I am sure that it will be game-on on Sunday. I'm guessing the Teal-Out is a reflection that your team and your coach is finally taking a Texans-Jags game seriously.

That being said, I've been to Jacksonville and there isn't much to the downtown. It's like driving through the Greenspoint area sizewise, if that.

Jacksonville had just about the worst sports page I've ever seen. Basically, it was a bunch of AP stories, and their featured story of the day on the front of the sports page was about swimming.
Geez worse than the paper here in Austin.

As per your comment about tornoto and the difficulty in getting players, it is because of the tax there if memory serves on some of the complaint.

Never been to Toronto so can't speak of the city I have been to Newfoundland, great place to visit.
Old 10-11-2007   #136
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you are taking your toys and going home?
Old 10-11-2007   #137
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacksonville is a small, small town. I have been there only once. We went to Jacksonville on our way back from Orlando to visit family there. It was a pretty small city, and their skyline looks like Greenspoint (with maybe one more taller building). I liked the bridges over the river though.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #138
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Uh oh...J' Ville got blacked out!

http://the506.com/nflmaps/2007-06-CBS1.html
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #139
Bill_in_Indy
Rookie

Good Luck Texans.....

BEAT THE JAGS!
Bill_in_Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #140
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry kitty cats for your up coming loss.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read